Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Waiting for scan...  (Read 21880 times)

Jeepers

Re: Waiting for scan...
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2020, 07:36:33 AM »

Hi Lyncola

I have mentioned it to the doctors, but they don't seem very interested (could be becasue he is a GI dr, not a urologist).

Pain has mostly stayed away, just had some slight burning across stomach area when I woke up this morning.  Yesterday I had a quite normal BM, if a little lighter in colour), but today I had loose BM, quite light colour too.  I have to say that last night I did eat a small wheat biscuit, surely that can't have caused it? Could the funny colour be the change to  (mostly) gluten free.

Good to hear that you are not worrying about your pain, sounds like it might be hormonal.

Thank you for your good wishes,.  Not sure they'll tell me anything today, as they said the Dr has to review.

Some better news is that my appetite has continued to improve.

Jeepers xx

Lyncola

« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2020, 09:30:30 AM »

Hi Jeepers,
I'm glad to hear that your appetite is improving. I talked about the rib pain to my doctor today, and explain to her how I thought it was hormonal related, she seems very interested in this and told me to start marking it in my calendar. She agreed this could be right.

I'm always got my head in the toilet with my poo, I worry about my colour sometimes too. I even google  what colour my poo should be. Apparently it's bad if's it the colour of clay (I then google what does clay colour look like  ;D) or pale like white. I worry about the colour the shape, is my poo normal. Seems strange how your doctor wasn't concerned about how much your peeing? That's the thing I love about my doctor she explains to me why she not concerned. I feel sorry for her with some of my questions I asked. ;D

Hope everything goes well with your test results
Big hugs

Lyncola

« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2020, 10:08:09 PM »

Hi Jeepers,
It's been one day and I've got a new concern, I'm sitting here holding my right breast, I've did have my doctor look at my boob yesterday, and it's believed I've got periductal mastitis. Apparently it can happen to premenopausal ladies. It looks like a pimple on my areola. My doctor said it's a block duct and to leave it along and it should go away. This is day three and my boob is hurting. I didn't even have this problem when I was breastfeeding.
I hope you are doing well Jeepers

squeaker99

« Reply #153 on: January 31, 2020, 05:07:18 PM »

I had this Lyncola. It took a good 3 months to disappear. I worried endlessly about it,
ended up insisting to be referred. Then it disappeared as quickly as it came. It was
on the surface in the brown bit just under my nipple. The GP didn't seem bothered by it.

Lyncola

« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2020, 02:31:42 AM »

Thanks for your reply Squeaker99,
interesting that it takes a long time to go? I'm just keeping an eye on it, and it not getting any worse, if anything slightly smaller. At least my husband gets a good flash when I decide to have a look ;D

Jeepers

« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2020, 10:38:57 AM »

Hi lyncola

Sorry to hear about your mastitis. I have pm'd you
Jeepers xx

ElkWarning

« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2020, 10:59:08 PM »

I had mastitis when I was breastfeeding. My mum got me to do an old trick, boob in a bowl of warm water that contained Epsom salts, three times a day, and it went. She was a nurse for years, but also big on the old ways.

Hey Jeeps. X

Jeepers

« Reply #157 on: February 04, 2020, 03:06:12 PM »

Hi

Just wanted to update this, as I had my Endoscopy this morning, and it all came back normal! Of course I am relieved and happy.  The consultant did say he would do a follow up appointment to discuss, but said he didn't see anything of concern.  He took a biopsy , to check for bacterial stuff, but I suppose the appointment is to discuss some non-sinister explanations for my symptoms. 

Well, that's what I hope anyway.  Today is just a day to be relieved that I do not have a stomach tumour.  In fact, when he first started going in, I'm sure I heard him utter the word "pristine"

So, I know that constant reassurance is not the cure for HA, but I have a list of things that help me keep some perspective:

1 CT scan clear
2 Pelvic US clear
3 Blood tests all normal
4 Endoscopy normal
5 Cardio tests (before Christmas) all good
6 Colonoscopy (last April) normal

Every time I get pain, I recite them to myself.

Thank you all ladies for being there, I don't know if I'd got through this far without you.  I have my third hypnotherapy session this afternoon, and I'm going to work hard on my mental health, to try to reclaim my life (I have a long way to go, I know).  And  I hope all of my results after such horrible symptoms give other who are worried a reason to stay positive.

With much affection

Jeepers xx

ElkWarning

« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2020, 03:41:44 PM »

So pleased for you Jeepers and 'enjoy' the hypno.  It's useful when people share their light at the end of the tunnel moments.

Best

EK

Blot

« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2020, 04:57:18 PM »

That's excellent news Jeepers. I'm so pleased everything is ok x

yellowflower

« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2020, 06:09:20 PM »

Fabulous news Jeepers.

Blot

« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2020, 06:54:26 PM »

What was the test like Jeepers. I'm absolutely terrified in case I have to have one. I gag when I have to swallow a tablet ☹️

Lillibet

• First Flush
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2020, 07:09:05 PM »

Excellent news Jeepers.  So pleased for you.

Did you go ahead without sedation? - well done.

Hope this evening can be the start of a more relaxing time for you 🤞

Lyncola

« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2020, 08:58:35 AM »

Wonderful news Jeepers

ElkWarning my boob is much better thank you, but what a great idea about sticking your boob in a bowl off water. I will have to remember that one, in case it happens again.

I use salty water to treat piles, sore throat, sore toe, sore eye. It's amazing how a simple thing can work so well. :)

AgathaC

« Reply #164 on: February 07, 2020, 09:22:50 AM »

Pleased to hear that Jeepers x
I do that - listing and checking off in my mind x
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12