Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Could massage make burning mouth worse?  (Read 4274 times)

jaycee

Re: Could massage make burning mouth worse?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2019, 10:25:42 PM »

Have you tried oral thrush treatment ,it might help?

Kalinka

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2019, 09:11:10 AM »

Have you tried oral thrush treatment ,it might help?

I haven't, thank you. I think the hospital's "nothing will help" message has brainwashed me!

jaycee

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2019, 09:24:18 AM »

What the hospital said is rubbish, i have had no problem since that time
I hope yours doesn't last too long and get it sorted
Mine was nothing connected with dentists,it just started for no reason i know of
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 09:29:26 AM by jaycee »

Kalinka

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2019, 09:47:34 AM »

What the hospital said is rubbish, i have had no problem since that time
I hope yours doesn't last too long and get it sorted
Mine was nothing connected with dentists,it just started for no reason i know of

It's encouraging to come across people who have recovered.

jaycee

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2019, 08:04:04 AM »

I remember reading somewhere that VB12 deficiency could cause burning mouth ,also check your iron, i have an overload of iron, and that could have been a factor in my case

jaycee

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2019, 08:25:11 AM »

Oh thanks Birdy i will have a look, i am a member on facebook of a couple of Haemochromatosis groups, as i do have it, but not as badly affected as some ,
HH can cause a lot of weird things, and i only found out by being tested for anaemia, Drs don't test for it as a matter of routine in full count blood tests, so lots of people have it but don't know

Kalinka

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2019, 05:10:21 PM »

I remember reading somewhere that VB12 deficiency could cause burning mouth ,also check your iron, i have an overload of iron, and that could have been a factor in my case

There was an Inside Health (Radio 4) quite recently that covered having too much iron.

Kathleen

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2019, 05:47:38 PM »

Hello Kalinka.

I assume you have been tested for Sjorgens which causes the salivary glands to dry out. Plus vital B12 as mentioned is often accompanied by sores at the corners of the mouth. I think steroids can also cause drying so I wonder if any of this applies to you? Years ago I developed oral thrush because I was taking steroids and gargling with salt water at the same time.

I'm sure you have considered everything but I thought all the above was all worth a mention.

I hope you find a solution soon and wishing you well.

K.

Kalinka

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2019, 08:35:31 AM »

I get flu-like symptoms after deep tissue massage. I read stuff about toxins being released but i don't buy it to be honest. I think it's more likely a release of lactic acid from the muscles.

I felt really awful for days after a hot stone massage last year, but this time it just felt as if I'd been exerting myself to an unusual extent!

Kalinka

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2019, 08:41:37 AM »

Hello Kalinka.

I assume you have been tested for Sjorgens which causes the salivary glands to dry out. Plus vital B12 as mentioned is often accompanied by sores at the corners of the mouth. I think steroids can also cause drying so I wonder if any of this applies to you? Years ago I developed oral thrush because I was taking steroids and gargling with salt water at the same time.

I'm sure you have considered everything but I thought all the above was all worth a mention.

I hope you find a solution soon and wishing you well.

Actually I haven't been tested for anything. At the hospital the line was that there was no point doing any tests. The more I read here the odder my treatment sounds.
I haven't been taking steroids and as a non meat-eater for several decades, take a B12 supplement - perhaps I'm not taking enough. 
Thank you for the ideas.

K.

Kalinka

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2019, 03:17:39 PM »

That sounds a frightening experience. There are two other drugs that the hospital I went to use, which are Gabapentin and Pregabelin, for nerve pain. Both are really powerful, and I avoided being prescribed them - perhaps not a good idea - I think the hospital is not too keen on prescribing them anyway. They're not anti-depressants, though. (I think that's right).

jaycee

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2019, 09:28:03 PM »

I was given Gabapentin for Shingles, they made me dizzy, so i never took any more,

Jillm

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2019, 06:44:02 PM »

Hello Kalinin,

I just caught up with your post re burning tongue/mouth.
I hope this may give you some hope, I had burning tongue for some time, started about 4 years ago, also sometimes felt like my throat was closing. GP's could find no cause and I was never offered anything for it, one GP did say she thought it was due to peri.

Forward about 3 years and I one day noticed it was not there, it does still pop back every now and then, but not to the same level.
The burning tongue has since been replaced by buzzing/aching legs.
I live in hope that one day this will also pass.
Hope this helps and that you are feeling better❤️
Pages: 1 [2]