Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Cervical polyp  (Read 1501 times)

Elegia

Cervical polyp
« on: August 03, 2019, 06:10:28 PM »

Newbie here.
Went along for the dreaded cervical smear last week which was pretty stressful due to dryness, my anxiety levels and the fact they don't seem to lubricate the speculum these days.
Anyway the deed was done and I was letting out a big sigh of relief when the nurse advised me she had spotted a cervical polyp.
She was very reassuring and advised me to come back and the GP would remove it.
The very thought is making me ill..
Anyone any experience?
I have general anxiety anyway and was recalled from my first breast screening in May thankfully all clear but just feel my body is falling to bits at the moment.

marge

Re: Cervical polyp
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 07:01:00 PM »

Nothing to worry about, l've had several removed over the years. It's just like another smear really. You'll be fine!

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 08:17:37 PM »

Hi Elegia. Are you receiving any treatment for the vaginal dryness?

Taz x   :welcomemm:

Elegia

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 06:17:55 AM »

No Taz I'm not
Generally not an issue but coupled with my anxiety made this experience pretty urgh!

marge

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 06:24:48 AM »

Do explain your fears when you go to have it removed, Elegia. Hopefully, they will be understanding.  Good luck.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 07:37:01 AM »

Sometimes an uncomfy smear is the first signs of vaginal atrophy due to declining oestrogen levels and it would be worth considering a topical treatment such as Vagifem to stop this worsening. It's better to start treatment earlier. There are lots of posts about vaginal atrophy on here.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 08:03:03 AM »

I agree with Taz.  Read our vaginal atrophy threads.  Make notes  ;) - some GPs don't recognise VA so being prepared and trying treatment sooner rather than later might be the way to go.  4 me it was like razor blades up there  :o

As for polyps: I had 1 for years which bled on contact.  It shrunk all on it's own when menopause began.  Surgeon wanted to remove it ..... Nature did it for me.