Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Feeling premenstrual  (Read 1171 times)

Helj

• First Flush
Feeling premenstrual
« on: July 28, 2018, 05:59:11 AM »

Hi  ::) I'm glad to join in. It's a relief already to think I'm amongst others that understand this 'state' I am in. I have been without periods for 8-9 months now. I was getting a lot of sweats and flushes but they have calmed down. I have sore boobs and an ache just like period pain now. It's dragging me down this dull ache. I was given hrt patches to try. The Dr didn't have much time to talk. She really emphasised the risks involved..I haven't used them yet as I'm worried! I have stopped smoking for over 2 months which cancels out that massive risk. Does anyone else get these feelings of premenstrual state? Bad taste in my mouth too which I only had when pregnant before. The patches are evorel conti. Any advice or shared experience would be massively appreciated as I don't have a great friends network to chat to.

Miabella

Re: Feeling premenstrual
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 06:09:49 AM »

Hi Helj and welcome to the forum. I am a newbie too (about a month) and have found this to be a huge help, especially on bad days.

I am not very knowledgeable about HRT but someone who is will be able to advise better. What I can say is that menopausal symptoms are many and varied and seem to also sometimes come in waves, so it's very likely that everything you are feeling just now is related to menopause.

You are in the right place for help and support so keep posting. I am finding that even posting how I feel is somehow therapeutic

Take care x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 06:46:44 AM »

Hi Hlj. I agree with Mirabella re the support you will find here.

You may find that you are gearing up for a period. Lots of us on here found that hot flushes disappeared leading up to one especially when we'd missed one for several months.

What Meno symptoms are you experiencing?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 07:27:41 AM »

EvorelConti are for post menopausal ladies. You would be better on Evorel Sequi . X

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 07:31:53 AM »

Dotty's right unless you are over the age of 54? I was given the wrong type to start with. Unless you have had at least a year without periods or are over the age of 53/54 then you need a sequential HRT which will give you a monthly bleed which will protect your womb from endometrial cancer.

Taz x

Helj

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 07:46:19 AM »

Thankyou for replys! I am 50. The gp said I should've been without periods over a year before hrt. I had talked to her about breast tenderness and flushes etc and described mood swings. I have depression but that's nothing new..she said i could try hrt once I mentioned mood swings. Perhaps I should go to family planning clinic. Gp appointments are always rushed and as you advise maybe I should be on combi type. If it gives you periods how can you tell you're menopausal? I have had these symptoms in past months then it's eased without a period. I even had a bit of lactation before I went to gp. I am a bit worried that they don't have enough time to investigate/prescribe properly. My last period was sept/Oct last year. Again, thank you. It's so good to not feel alone with this ☺

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 12:16:33 PM »

Your GP needs to do a lot more reading!

Take pain relief for the period pains?  I had niggles for years without a bleed, enough to need pain relief and the thought of 'oh no, not after all these months/years!'

Have a look at your Surgery web-site and see whether there is a GP or Practice Nurse who has particular interest in womens' problems.  Do you have a local Pharmacist, they have private rooms and could give advice on what you require.

Also read the treatment section 'above' and make notes.  Keep a diary: when your last period was, general symptoms, food, exercise. 

I make a double appt. if I have things to discuss.  GPs should never be 'too busy'.  If yours was interested more in the possible 'badness' of HRT then she should have asked you to consider and return for another appt..!

Let us know how you get on.  Obviously the message still ain't getting through to GPs!