Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: whats everyone on?  (Read 2007 times)

Ody70

whats everyone on?
« on: October 04, 2017, 03:17:45 PM »

HI ladies,
what is everyone on and are they helping as I feel like nothing will help anymore! been on prempac, ellesste,femeston and now indevina....all conti  :(

Dancinggirl

Re: whats everyone on?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 04:24:24 PM »

I'd try a sequential HRT regime - you do have to put up with monthly bleeds though. With continuous HRT, progesterone is  taken continouously and can give more side effects.
Look under TREATMENTS on this site to see the options.
Why not try Oestrogel (applied every day to inner thighs) with Provera separately as Pills. Start with a sequi regime to see if the progesterone suits.
Print the info off to show your GP. DG x

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 06:00:48 PM »

I'm on a new one duavine Ive been on every single hrt so this is my last chance.
Only three weeks in but so far so good xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 07:03:55 PM »

Hi Ody70

Do you know if you are post-menopausal yet ie 12 months without natural period before starting HRT? Mini-pill and Mirena coil sometimes stop periods so you don't know where you are in menopause.

I would go with Dancinggirl's suggestion ie go for a cyclical HRT that gives a withdrawal bleed and switch to transdermal ( patch or gel) with separate progestogen. Even if you are post-meno it's fine to do this. I'm in my mid 60's and still have a cycle because I don't like taking progesterone all the time due to side effects.

I've been on a 50 mcg (+ a little bit!) patch for 10 years along with Utrogestan (progesterone) taken vaginally on a long cycle ( with the approval of my doc). I only tried conti for a few months and on a lower dose of oestrogen so I didn't have to take the prog every day. The lower oestrogen dose didn't deal with the flushes so I went back to sequential HRT.

Hurdity x

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 07:40:16 PM »

Oestrogel with 12 days of 100mg Utrogestan been on this for over 10 yrs brilliant

Nina

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 08:27:02 PM »

Premarin 1.25 and utrogestan 100mg nightly

Sunnydays

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 07:59:01 PM »

Hi - don't want to deviate this thread. But Hurdity you mentioned your previously had a conti regime with low dose oestrogen and not progesterone every day. I know you needed a higher oestrogen but can you recall what your regime and amounts etc were at that time?

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 07:45:39 AM »

Hi Sunnydays - yes I can remember. It was 25 mcg  Estradot patch and Cyclogest 200 mg pessary every third night. Cyclogest is not licensed for HRT - but does the job - and this was before Utrogestan was widely available and my gyane GP (NHS) had not come across it. This was 6 years ago now....

Hurdity x