Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: VA and Vagifem  (Read 7548 times)

Katejo

Re: VA and Vagifem
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2017, 09:02:31 PM »

Kate, my GP prescribed Vagifem and told me categorically I could stay on it as long as I needed/wanted.  She said a year of twice weekly Vagifem was equivalent to one HRT tablet !

Its very worrying and concerning that different GP's are giving out very different advice regarding its usage and duration.   I would definitely print out the NICE guidelines and take them along when you next go.  My vagifem is on repeat and I can order it up as and when I need it.  I saw another GP in my practice recently about recurrent UTI's and the first thing he recommended was .................Vagifem, which of course I am already on, he said it was the Gold Standard for urogenital atrophy. He prescribed low dose Trimitoprim but I haven't needed it so far.
Yes I will but I haven't made another appointment yet. i will first try to collect a Vagifem prescription from Boots. It hadn't arrived on their computer system first time i went. If it is still not there on Saturday, I will have to chase it up.

Chezzy

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2017, 05:21:08 PM »

Kate just to add, the gynaecologist I went to see a week ago prescribed vagifem and told me if I stopped taking it the symptoms would come back so would need to take it indefinitely (which she wrote on the note I had to hand into my doctors)

Hopefully I don't get any issues when comes to repeat prescription but I made sure I wrote down what she had written just in case!

Katejo

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2017, 06:17:25 PM »

Kate just to add, the gynaecologist I went to see a week ago prescribed vagifem and told me if I stopped taking it the symptoms would come back so would need to take it indefinitely (which she wrote on the note I had to hand into my doctors)

Hopefully I don't get any issues when comes to repeat prescription but I made sure I wrote down what she had written just in case!
  I haven't been back to the GP yet. I still have a tube of Estriol which I am using  a couple of times a week. When I do go, i will book with a different GP and take a copy of the printout provided on MM with me. i will report back here afterwards.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2017, 09:03:13 PM »

I made sure initially that I ordered my repeat well B4 I needed the Ovestin in case there were any arguments.
Pages: 1 2 [3]