Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 743829 times)

clare663

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #750 on: July 28, 2016, 02:49:27 PM »

mary G I didnt answer your previous questions to me!! :(! I dont take to the progesterone at all well. It seems to build up in me and then I get to the point where I feel suicidal! Thats why I have tried different HRT and it always ends up the same way. I went to the GP this morning and asked for the utrogestan and estrogel and testrim. he has prescribed me the first 2, using 2 pumps of estrogel and utrogestan daily with a three day break but has said that if my libido doesnt improve in 2 months he will prescribe the testrim as well. Im a little concerned that the utrogestan will send me mad again! Im quite happy if I have to have a bleed but if I can get away with only using it for 5 days I will be estatic!!!

Mary G

« Reply #751 on: July 28, 2016, 08:24:06 PM »

clare663, I included you in an answer on other thread which you might find helpful!  To be honest, if you don't get on with progesterone, I think you will find Utrogestan everyday (with a 3 day break) far too much.  I would take much less if I were you and I suggested the 7 day regime on my other thread.  By all means give your new regime a try but if it doesn't work out, it might be worth asking your doctor if you can switch.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 08:43:33 PM by Mary G »

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #752 on: July 28, 2016, 08:40:20 PM »

Been on 4pumps for a while now and have intoduced testim for the last few weeks. So here's the thing ended up with a really nasty uti kidney infection last week. Never had anything like this before. Stopped the testim for a few days too ill to be bothered. Started again today and the tingling down below has started again with the familiar dragging pain. Still on antibiotics so camt ne infection it think its the testim. Anyone any thoughts? Thought I had cracked it. ...should have known!

clare663

« Reply #753 on: August 02, 2016, 03:13:48 PM »

Ok I was on Everol 50 conti but my flushes returned. Have now swapped to oestrogel and utrogestan 100mg daily 1-25 (virginally). started on the recommended 2 pumps but still got the flushes so increased to 3. They drop off for a couple of days and then come back! Is this normal or should I increase pumps again until I find they stop. This is the only symptom I am still getting and otherwise feel great.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #754 on: August 02, 2016, 06:35:38 PM »

Unfortunately I found that Utrogestan taken in the continuous regime did give me flushes.  If 3 pumps per day isn't keeping this under control then I would try Utrogestan as a sequential regime instead ( 12 days vaginally each month)  - you just have to put up with a monthly bleed. DG x

walking the dog

« Reply #755 on: August 02, 2016, 06:57:19 PM »

Right am I daft ?
Can someone explain this to me ?
If I'm on continuous utrogrstran 200 mg daily and I'm not going to have a bleed, wont that mean my womb lining will remain thickened (9mm) or get thicker ? I thought whole point in progesterone was to give you a bleed to shed womb lining ?

dazned

« Reply #756 on: August 02, 2016, 07:11:35 PM »

No using it continuously keeps the lining thin by not allowing the estrogen to build up the lining,its when you stop the progesterone that you then get a bleed ,which is why the bleed is usually a few days later,well thats how I understand it anyway.  ;)

walking the dog

« Reply #757 on: August 02, 2016, 09:30:07 PM »

Thank you dazned am I thick or what havha however another question is ifbit thins the lining where's the lining going if I don't have a bleed ? So my linings 9mm if the progesterone thins that surely it must shred out vaginally ?

walking the dog

« Reply #758 on: August 03, 2016, 06:29:13 AM »

Hi stellajane in my case I was started on it continuously when my womb lining was 9mm and I'm to have another scan in October, so if its already thickened its not likely to thin is it ? Wonder what the thinking is behind this ?

dazned

« Reply #759 on: August 03, 2016, 08:18:59 AM »

Ideally you would/should have been given some additional progesterone to clear it out,as my gyne used to say have a spring clean  ;)
As you didnt you might find that you have some unscheduled bleeding which slome women experience when commencing a conti regime,but you might not. As Stellajane says usually you would start after a good bleed. If you start experiencing problematic bleeding I personally would ask for a short course of something like northisterone to have a good clear out ,this is what I did,in fact my gyne says its a good idea to do this once a year anyway as a precaution. Once you do this if you have problems you would then be starting conti with a clean slate so to speak,if that makes sense.

walking the dog

« Reply #760 on: August 03, 2016, 08:27:59 AM »

Thank you dazned and stellajane. Been on it 33 days now and no bleeding. I cant take norethiserone (won't) as it affects my mood terribly so hopefully there will be another option. Its just awaiting game between now and October

dazned

« Reply #761 on: August 03, 2016, 08:32:04 AM »

It doesnt have to be norethisterone it can be any progesterone,and you only use it for about 7 days just the once ,so its a small price to pay to thin it if that's what is needed to thin it  ;)

walking the dog

« Reply #762 on: August 03, 2016, 09:06:33 AM »

I def dont understand then as I'm on progesterone! But if I started it with thick womb lining and dont get a bleed the lining will remain thickened?  ???

dazned

« Reply #763 on: August 03, 2016, 10:14:26 AM »

Yes if you started off with 9mm thickness and didnt shed it first as I understand it it will not get thinner. To achieve this you would need to stop the utrogeston as the stopping of progesterone is what causes the linning to break down and shed ! So if this is a concern to you this is what you could do then start over when the bleed occurs. I started mine after a good bleed.

walking the dog

« Reply #764 on: August 03, 2016, 11:58:18 AM »

Thank you dazned
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 187