Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 727912 times)

Lilyloos

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #1680 on: July 14, 2019, 01:13:43 PM »

Hi Winnie .. am sure someone will be along soon to give more advice but I think you're right in just trying to gel for 14 days first .... particularly if your on a continuous regime of oestro and progest every day.  It can be a fine balancing act but you would know within a week if the Oestrogel is not giving you unwanted side effects.  Good luck with it all 😊 LL

juliemargaret

« Reply #1681 on: July 14, 2019, 02:04:32 PM »

Hi Winnie...dont suppose youve any advise or thoughts on mine. My post was just above lillyloos but no-ones come.along yet with a reply.
2 months now on alternate day urtro vag...and.2.pumps.estrogel. still.bleeding today....no.pain or bother but its there. Also been tired today and was utro eve last night! Gutted i never had.an estro only.fee weeks to see if helped...went strsight onto the utro as well. im peri.and my doc prescribed for days 1.- 25 100mg utro but as i couldnt tolerate orally another top.meno.doc.said try alternate days vaginally...which had been ok that way but.havent felt.much better and as my prec post lots bleeding.
. Wondering if need to try a cycle...but...when do i start..etc
Would love any insight...feel.alone and confused and just plodding along. (My doc is.great but not fully aware i dont think as she did prescribe a conti method and im.peri....!!  x)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 08:19:48 PM by Jmargaret »

winnie1967

« Reply #1682 on: July 14, 2019, 02:42:35 PM »

Hiya, bless you, I'm sorry, I haven't much of a clue yet....as only a beginner with all this, and don't know much about peri....only just know what I'm trying..... hopefully someone else will answer who knows more than me....you're not alone tho x

winnie1967

« Reply #1683 on: July 14, 2019, 02:45:51 PM »

Hi LL, thanks for your reply....I'll keep doing what I'm doing then.....it's so hard , with all the different meds, doses etc!
Thanks x

juliemargaret

« Reply #1684 on: July 14, 2019, 03:55:57 PM »

Hi winnie...ohhh im.so sorry!! Inwas getting mixed up and that message was meant for lilyloos or anyine else who may be able.to help!  Of course..youre also navigating....its hard isnt it! Hopefully we both will.find some.joy!!!

Xx

winnie1967

« Reply #1685 on: July 14, 2019, 07:02:31 PM »

Hiya, good luck, hope u get some good advice/suggestions.....I'm feeling really yuk and down, on 4th day of oestrogel, hope it lifts soon! X

Ladybt28

« Reply #1686 on: July 16, 2019, 04:38:45 PM »

jmargaret - sorry I didn't reply properly.  I notice in your last post that you are peri.  My first comment is that your consultant has prescribed the method of gel and utro which is usually used for post meno ladies, eg continuous utro day 1-25.  I would suggest this is the cause of your bleeding.

The usual way in peri is on a cycle which should then balance in with your own cycle as you still have loads of your own homones floating about whereas post meno women have hardly any.
The cycle method is days 1 - 15 gel only.  Days 15 to 26 utrogestan 200mg taken at night (you can do this either orally or vaginally - if you are struggling orally use it vaginally - I find it has much less side effects that way.

I think what is happening on a continuous regime days 1-25 as you prescription is at the moment, is that your own progesterone is combining in surges with the Utrogestan and causing extra bleeding you should not have.  No wonder you are feeling a bit rubbish

You should really be on a cycle as you are peri.  I will try and help you switch over if I can - what day are you on at the moment?

Hurdity

« Reply #1687 on: July 16, 2019, 07:59:15 PM »

Ladybt - I answered Jmargaret's query on another thread where she mentioned the same thing so hopefully she has seen it! Here:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,44077.msg713421.html#msg713421

Hi all, so I've started oestrogel/dose, I'm not good with 'drugs' as a rule, so I've taken 4 days to get up to full dose (will be having 2 pumps this evening!).
I'm 52, last period over 2 years ago...the Dr has also prescribed utrogestan....she's prescribed it for every day....I'm worried I'll be intolerant, from memories of cyclogest yrs ago.....would it be better starting on it for 14 days a month first?
Also, as a rule, how long till oestrogel kicks in?.....I would like to see if it's helping for a couple of weeks, before starting the utrogestan, so if I have any effects, especially bad, I know which it's more likely to be.....hope that all makes sense 🤯
Thanks 🙂

Hi winnie

I agree with Lilyloos suggestion - and also agreeing with your first thoughts - to try it cyclically at first and then you will get an idea of how well you feel on the oestrogen only before introducing progesterone. Even better the prescribed dose is actually only 12 days per month ( x 200 mg). I noticed an improvement with patches within days and hopefully you will feel the same with gel - ie flushes and sweats start to become less frequent and then disappear completely - hopefully the same for you - fingers crossed :).

Are you going to be taking it orally or vaginally? The dose is probably lower than you took of Cyclogest - depending on the reason you took the latter of course....

Hurdity x

westie

« Reply #1688 on: July 17, 2019, 06:02:38 AM »

Good morning am in need of some hope and reassurance please!

Am on week 3 of two pumps os Estrogel which I apply each morning. After years of trying to cope without HRT I was finally convinced that this is my missing link and would be the answer to my ongoing symptoms. Now I know I can't expect miracles in three weeks but I was hoping for a small improvement especially as most people seem to see a reduction in sweats etc fairly early on.

So, after three weeks I have an on going feeling of nausea very similar to continuous morning sickness which is quite debilitating and my night sweats if anything have got worse, I woke up Four times last night completely drenched. My anxiety is through the roof again too.

I know I have to give it 3 months and I really don't want to give up this soon but I am really struggling to cope like this.

Can anyone offer some reassurance or advice as to what I should do? I have thought about increasing the dose but really don't want to feel anymore nauseous than I am.

W xx

Dotty

« Reply #1689 on: July 17, 2019, 06:31:28 AM »

Hi Westie did you suffer with nausea before you started the hrt? X

westie

« Reply #1690 on: July 17, 2019, 07:32:44 AM »

Hi Dolly I did now and again v mildly but nothing like this. Have read the leaflet re side effects and nausea is one of them but this really is quite debilitating.

W x

winnie1967

« Reply #1691 on: July 17, 2019, 07:34:58 AM »

Hiya, thanks for your reply....must admit I can't remember dose of cyclogest....it was to help severe PMS symptoms, but it didn't!
I'm only 5 days into the oestrogel, and so I know it's VERY early days, but at the moment my flushes and sweats seem to be much worse.
I'm going to try the utrogestan cyclically first I think (will I get a bleed? That will be novel, as none for 2/3 years!). I think I'm going to try it orally first, see how I go. I'm more nervous starting the progesterone, but not for over a wk yet....oh, if I have it cyclically, will it have to be 200mg, not 100mg?
Thanks 🙂

Ladybt - I answered Jmargaret's query on another thread where she mentioned the same thing so hopefully she has seen it! Here:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,44077.msg713421.html#msg713421

Hi all, so I've started oestrogel/dose, I'm not good with 'drugs' as a rule, so I've taken 4 days to get up to full dose (will be having 2 pumps this evening!).
I'm 52, last period over 2 years ago...the Dr has also prescribed utrogestan....she's prescribed it for every day....I'm worried I'll be intolerant, from memories of cyclogest yrs ago.....would it be better starting on it for 14 days a month first?
Also, as a rule, how long till oestrogel kicks in?.....I would like to see if it's helping for a couple of weeks, before starting the utrogestan, so if I have any effects, especially bad, I know which it's more likely to be.....hope that all makes sense 🤯
Thanks 🙂

Hi winnie

I agree with Lilyloos suggestion - and also agreeing with your first thoughts - to try it cyclically at first and then you will get an idea of how well you feel on the oestrogen only before introducing progesterone. Even better the prescribed dose is actually only 12 days per month ( x 200 mg). I noticed an improvement with patches within days and hopefully you will feel the same with gel - ie flushes and sweats start to become less frequent and then disappear completely - hopefully the same for you - fingers crossed :).

Are you going to be taking it orally or vaginally? The dose is probably lower than you took of Cyclogest - depending on the reason you took the latter of course....

Hurdity x

Dotty

« Reply #1692 on: July 17, 2019, 07:51:37 AM »

Hi Westie it could be that what you are experiencing are increased menopausal symptoms and not side effects from the hrt . You need to give the hrt time to work.

I speak from experience. I was on Elleste Duet Conti for 3 months and was getting worse. Once I got onto the right type and dose of hrt my symptoms started to improve. What I thought were side effects were actually the menopause symptoms continuing as the original dosage of hormones were not enough x

westie

« Reply #1693 on: July 17, 2019, 07:58:23 AM »

Thanks Dotty that is very helpful I think you could be right. I might start upping the gel to three pumps to see if it helps. It really is trial and error but I am determined to sort it out.

Do you use the gel?

Dotty

« Reply #1694 on: July 17, 2019, 08:10:16 AM »

Hi Westie yes I use gel. 4 pumps a day and been on it for 18 months now. X
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 187