Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 726917 times)

Hurdity

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2013, 04:41:06 PM »

Hi there - been busy for a few days - aren't we all!!

Just to say - especially to ellie - that the dosage of oestrogen in the gel cannot necessarily be equated with the dosage in a pill because of the very different mode of delivery. Also individual women will vary in the amount they absorb from the different methods, and also there is variation between women in how much they obtain from excatly the same treatment.

You can look up the average serum estradiol levels from the different methods on the web under the SPC for each product. The way the data are expressed is not always comparable though.

I would say that 4 pumps is a high starting dose - although at 47 I would want to have this! I imagine that will give you higher serum estradiol levels than 2 mg of Femoston taken orally. If you still have a cycle though and are not far into menopause you may well get quite a heavy bleed from this much extra all the time. However no harm in trying and see.

The other thing is there seems to be a bit of a one size fits all approach to Utrogestan dosage - ie no variation given for different oestrogen doses, so I wonder about that sometimes. If you use it vaginally though, for the recommended time that it gives for oral use (which is 12 days - see the information in the menu http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/to_progestogens.php ) then you are very likely to get a higher  dose of progesterone, which will generally allow a higher oestrogen dose to be taken.

My bleed arrives two days after stopping but I am well post-meno being 60!

Devonhil - it's OK - I've had 4 children as well and just as Cassie says - shove it up last thing at night - and it stays up there until morning - it seems sufficient is absorbed that way. They are smaller than many cod-liver oil capsules! Do you actually live in Devon? (you may not want to say!)

Not sure what happens to dosage when you have sex though ie will get a bit diluted if you put it in afterwards - so could precipitate an earlier bleed. Never has with me though.

Cassie - they make me very tired and especially in the mornings but also disturb my sleep - mainly due to the effect on the bladder - pressure- so my tossing and turning is as I keep waking because of this and eventually need to get up for night time wee, then can't get back to sleep!

Hurdity x

ellie66

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 10:53:39 AM »

Thanks Hurdity. I am feeling much better on the 4 pumps a day. My hot flushes have gone and my vagina dryness both were creeping back. The 2mg of Femston was not quite enough hence why I went for the 3/4 pumps of Oestrogel.

Suzyq

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2013, 07:54:15 PM »

Hi just a question to you all. I am on day 6 of estrogel with bio progesterone for 14 days. I have started on 1 pump but doctor says I can increase to 2 after 2-4 weeks. Since stopping the progesterone part, I have terrible symptoms with non-stop hot flushes, headaches, nausea etc. etc. is e estrogen still 'building' up cause it feels like his is nowhere near enough for me? But was told not to increase for 2-4'weeks?? Feels worse than it did before I started on he estrogel

Cassie

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 06:52:07 AM »

1 is very low, maybe try 1 and a half pumps and then next week 2, the standard starting dose is usually 2 plunges, so perhaps your Dr is just erring on the side of caution, but I honestly dont think that 1 plunge is gonna cut it.

ellie66

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2013, 10:53:21 AM »

I agree one pump is very low. I would up it to two. I am on 4 and feel absolutely fab but I was on Femston 2/10 before and my menopausal symptoms where creeping back.  :)

Suzyq

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 04:05:03 PM »

Thank you Cassie and Ellie. I have upped it to 1 and a half and will stick at that for the next week, then move up to 2 if I need to. I should have asked him why I wasn't to increase for 2-4 weeks but I can't think straight so forgot!

Chrislm

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 10:18:26 PM »

Hi
I have just switched to oestrogen and utrogestan this week. Can anybody tell me why most people see. To be using utrogestan viginslly rather than orally?

Thanks

Cassie

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 06:21:50 AM »

I cannot swallow the tabs so was most relieved to be able to use the vaginally, they also have, I believe, less side effects, as they do not bypass the liver used this way and it is also a more direct route of delivery. I may be incorrect but am sure that some of the more knowledgeable ladies on the subject, will be along soon to give advice. Its a great combo though it you are going to be on HRT.

Chrislm

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 08:17:30 AM »

Thanks Cassie. That seems likely. And well done for correctly interpreting my post, despite the best attempts of auto correct to disguise the 'rude' word!!  ;D

Cassie

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2013, 09:25:48 AM »

Lol, I kind of figured thats what you were asking :)

ellie66

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2013, 10:48:26 AM »

Hil,

How are you getting on I feel fab?

Ellie

catherine21

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2013, 02:15:38 PM »

Hi all,

I'm not on the gel, but I'm using utrogestan 200mg and elleste solo 40mg patches. Would you say this is correct dosage as I use the utrogestan vaginally? My main concern is when I was using evorel 50 conti the second part ie the progesterone patches made me more anxious and I had headaches so I am a little apprehensive. I was reading up about progesterone and that it is a natural antidepressant and antianxiety, so I don't understand why it can have these negative effects. I'm only on 2nd utrogestan so I'm sure hormones will still be erratic!! Just need a little reassurance to give me confidence that soon I will feel 'normal'. There is some improvement though, although I'm sure that will diminish once I hit the supermarket later!!!! 

ellie66

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2013, 02:17:53 PM »

The progesterone in patches etc is synthetic whereas utrogestan is closer to our own progesterone.

catherine21

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2013, 03:46:43 PM »

Hi Ellie,

Thanks for replying. Does that mean I shouldn't get an side effects like I did with the evorel? And how long before starting the utrogetan should it settle? I've also seen some ladies take 100mg so wondering if 200mg would be correct dose with patches.

Many thanks

ellie66

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2013, 04:13:42 PM »

Hopefully you should not side effects or if you do fewer side effects. I am only on my second day of utrogestan 200mg. If you get side effects on 200mg you can try a 100mg. It is the kindest progesterone re side effects.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 187