Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Amitryptline  (Read 5087 times)

discogirl

Amitryptline
« on: April 14, 2024, 02:29:25 PM »

Ive been on Amitryptline for 2yrs now. Ive been on 10mg and I take it mornings as its never done anything for my sleep.

Im wanting to taper off slowly as ive introduced cbd gummies and they appear, although early days to be helping.

I just wondered how others tapered off and what the withdrawal was like, which im most scared of to be honest.

Thank you x

kathryn22

Re: Amitryptline
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2024, 02:54:33 PM »

I was given this for acute anxiety
20mg x 2 daily  :-\
Didn’t find it helped at all so gradually reduced dose over a few weeks
I also took Kalms CBD gummies and Rescue Remedy
Maybe have a chat with your GP first, you can always up your dose if you think you need to but think a slow steady pace is best

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2024, 03:05:51 PM »

I've never taken this drug, but just to let you know you can get it prescribed in liquid form if you want to taper slower. Thos is what I am going to do with my citalopram.

discogirl

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2024, 03:37:56 PM »

I was given this for acute anxiety
20mg x 2 daily  :-\
Didn’t find it helped at all so gradually reduced dose over a few weeks
I also took Kalms CBD gummies and Rescue Remedy
Maybe have a chat with your GP first, you can always up your dose if you think you need to but think a slow steady pace is best

Hi kathryn22

Did you cut the pill into quarters or halves?

Were you taking the kalms cbd gummies at the same time as tapering off? sorry for all the questions but can I ask what side effects you had? how long were you on the amitryptline and how many weeks did it take you to come off please. thank you x

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2024, 03:43:24 PM »

I've never taken this drug, but just to let you know you can get it prescribed in liquid form if you want to taper slower. Thos is what I am going to do with my citalopram.

Hi penguin

I was thinking about asking for it in liquid form but ( im terrible for overthinking) but i wondered if moving from pill to liquid form would change how quickly absorption was or if the concentration would be altered in any way?

It would be easier in liquid form though.

How is the tapering off the citalopram going? How long have you been tapering? xx thank you

Penguin

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2024, 04:09:57 PM »

Hi penguin

I was thinking about asking for it in liquid form but ( im terrible for overthinking) but i wondered if moving from pill to liquid form would change how quickly absorption was or if the concentration would be altered in any way?

It would be easier in liquid form though.

How is the tapering off the citalopram going? How long have you been tapering? xx thank you

Haven't started yet. I have appointment with psychiatrist next week with a view to getting a taper plan for the citalopram and finding what else to try instead for the anxiety. I will be asking for the liquid to taper though. I hadn't thought of that re the switch to liquid.  Perhaps you could initially try same dose that you are on with the tablets and see if it is okay before lowering? I will ask at my appointment next week as same thing will apply for me! I plan to taper really slowly.
As an aside, I'm looking ideally to get something from him that helps with hot flashes as I also plan on tapering off hrt.

discogirl

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2024, 05:00:14 PM »

Hi penguin

I would be interested to learn what taper plan he gives you.

How long have you been on the citalopram?

Best of luck with it all.

maybe we could share our journey and encourage each other.

Penguin

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2024, 05:28:01 PM »

Hi penguin

Nearly 2 years. Feel like I am taking a sugar pill for all the good its doing me, my anxiety is the worst it has even been.

Yes I'd like that, DM me. And happy to share the taper plan. I'm seeing him on 23rd, so week after next.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2024, 05:52:54 PM »

I was on this for about a year. All it did was make me groggy in the morning. I slowly tapered by cutting in half and also by stretching the times between doses so reduced over 4 days then 3 then 2 etc. I can't remember precisely but just tried to do it really slowly and it was quite effective. I did have some days when I felt nauseous / dizzy but wasn't sure if it was related or not. Probably took about 3/4 months to wean off completely  from 10mg dose.

Minusminnie

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2024, 06:09:53 PM »

My understanding is that you can only obtain any liquid form having seen a psychiatrist/consultant but would like to think otherwise ?

I weaned off low dose amitriptyline for pain very gradually years ago but had not been using it for as long as 2 years.  Bought a pill cutter which helped.

kathryn22

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2024, 06:19:18 PM »

Hey Discogirl
Completely ignore my post🤣🤦‍♀️
This is what happens when your atrophy is so bad it scrambles your brain
It was Propranalol I was given this time round for my anxiety not Amitryptline
Although I did have Amitriyptline some years ago for about 6 months made me feels awful so gradually reduced the dose over a month and then did a bit of cold turkey for a week Wouldn’t take it again
Sorry to have mislead you
Can only blame the atrophy and long Covid and the menopause and anxiety etc etc etc
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 06:57:24 PM by kathryn22 »

discogirl

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2024, 06:33:14 PM »

Hi penguin

Nearly 2 years. Feel like I am taking a sugar pill for all the good its doing me, my anxiety is the worst it has even been.

Yes I'd like that, DM me. And happy to share the taper plan. I'm seeing him on 23rd, so week after next.

Hi penguin

Thanks I will do. I appreciate that x

discogirl

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2024, 06:36:14 PM »

I was on this for about a year. All it did was make me groggy in the morning. I slowly tapered by cutting in half and also by stretching the times between doses so reduced over 4 days then 3 then 2 etc. I can't remember precisely but just tried to do it really slowly and it was quite effective. I did have some days when I felt nauseous / dizzy but wasn't sure if it was related or not. Probably took about 3/4 months to wean off completely  from 10mg dose.

hi shropshirelass

thats helpful thank you.

I will get a pill cutter. did your sleep get affected at all x

discogirl

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2024, 06:39:45 PM »

Hey Discogirl
Completely ignore my post🤣🤦‍♀️
This is what happens when your atrophy is so bad it scrambles your brain
It was Propranalol I was given this time round for my anxiety not Amitryptline
Although I did have it some years ago for about 6 months made me feels awful so gradually reduced the dose over a month and then did a bit of cold turkey for a week Wouldn’t take it again
Sorry to have mislead you
Can only blame the atrophy and long Covid and the menopause and anxiety etc etc etc
[/quot

hi kathryn22

dont worry at all. your information was still helpful.

it was very kind of you to reply x

discogirl

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2024, 06:42:05 PM »

My understanding is that you can only obtain any liquid form having seen a psychiatrist/consultant but would like to think otherwise ?

I weaned off low dose amitriptyline for pain very gradually years ago but had not been using it for as long as 2 years.  Bought a pill cutter which helped.

hi minusminnie

ah well never mind. I will buy a pill cutter.

thank you x
Pages: [1] 2 3