Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Acceptance  (Read 4507 times)

AngelaH

Re: Acceptance
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2024, 08:56:58 PM »

Periods are pretty normal.

Progesterone only did help at high enough dose, but low doses of natural progesterone stimulate your estrogen. 

I couldnt get on high enough as it makes he really woozy and aggitated.

Just hasnt worked. 😢

Synthetic progesterone? Simple Mirena?

For me very low dose was enough to treat all symptoms.

Did you try Ona’s?

CrispyChick

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2024, 07:56:37 AM »

I tried desogestrel mini pill. It no longer controls my system so I felt worse. It's not real prog.

Yes. Tried onas. As well as compounded. I think It had potential, but the guidance I was given wasn't great. Now my body won't tolerate any p cream - getting severe stomach issues. It all needs to calm.

Do you mean very low dose onas treated all your symptoms? It's just not worked for me. It stimulates my estrogen more. It's possible in time and consistency if would work. But I can no longer go there.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 07:58:13 AM by CrispyChick »

Kathleen

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2024, 11:55:15 AM »

Hello again ladies.

I think I struggle with acceptance as I feel  crap so much of the time!

I have been on 100mg Utrogestan orally for three months and I wondered if the progesterone was actually a calming hormone for me. To test this theory I have recently reduced my oestrogen gel.

Unfortunately the mood problems continue but the last few days the burning and itching from VA has started up again! It seems to come on in bursts. I was out having lunch yesterday but needed to leave early. I am so glad I did because if I had been in a restaurant when the VA symptoms started I don't know what I would have done!

I am now increasing my oestrogen gel again in the hope that the VA symptoms settle down.

I have been on this hormonal rollercoaster for a very long time and I hate it so much. I just want to feel normal again but my body and mind won't let me!

Sorry to moan ladies, it seems that acceptance is still a long way off for me.

Take care everyone.

K.

joziel

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2024, 01:23:32 PM »

Crispy when you say your E has always been high, how high? What is the range?

And with P, have you tried taking it rectally at high dose? Does that still make you woozy? That's not done very much in the UK but in the US lots of woman take utrogestan rectally...

CrispyChick

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2024, 04:38:04 PM »

Oh Kathleen.

I'm so sorry you are still struggling. It's awful when we cannot find balance. My heart goes out to you. Xxx

Joziel. My E is not always specifically high. It can measure 350 pmol and I am poisoned. It is never lower than that and I need it to be. Highest recorded was 2089!

When previously on the mini pill, it measured 229 pmol. I felt no poision. I felt well in myself. But moods were horrific.

And no, I've never tried utro rectally.  ;D. I know plenty in states do. To be honest, I dont think utro works for me. I've been with a bhrt clinic, so had lots of P options. I struggled with them all. Even cream makes me really woozy. But that's not my main problem now. The progesterone now triggers an immediate excruciating stomach issue, which only calms when I stop it. It's like I've sensitised my body in some way. It all needs to calm.  :( but thanks for the thoughts xx

AngelaH

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2024, 04:55:56 PM »

I tried desogestrel mini pill. It no longer controls my system so I felt worse. It's not real prog.

Yes. Tried onas. As well as compounded. I think It had potential, but the guidance I was given wasn't great. Now my body won't tolerate any p cream - getting severe stomach issues. It all needs to calm.

Do you mean very low dose onas treated all your symptoms? It's just not worked for me. It stimulates my estrogen more. It's possible in time and consistency if would work. But I can no longer go there.
When I say very low dose progesterone was enough to treat my symptoms I mean Mirena. I don’t know and probably nobody knows how much progesterone goes in blood stream from uterus, but it is very low amount and that amount of P was enough to put E/P balance in right. It’s E/P balance causes the symptoms and if balance isn’t reached symptoms remain.

I tried Ona’s in post meno and it was great for me, but unfortunately low concentration Ona’s products were sold very quickly and I had to buy high concentration, which was 200. I divided one dose into about 8 or 10, but still it was too strong for me, after 2 weeks of using it I started feeling too much.

To be honest I don’t know what to suggest, peri can last for years and make changes on the way. The body can rebalance the hormones one day and that will help. Unfortunately NHS does not recognise estrogen dominance until periods become more like uncontrollable heavy bleedings and the only option they offer is the Mirena. At least they didn’t offer me something to choose, but to be fair it was the right treatment for me.

ElkWarning

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2024, 10:22:25 AM »

Yeah, I had to come of HRT (the doctors said), long chain of events ... I'm interested in what you say about vertigo, I had repeated bouts of this and labyrinthitis when on HRT, never tied the two together previously, perhaps they're not related.  I was also interested when you said you were going back to your herbalist as this is generally how I sort my symptoms - extreme fatigue, hot flashes, volcanic temper, insomnia, lots of aches and pains.  HOWEVER, I do have osteoarthritis and this is linked to low oestrogen and I did end up practically lame for 3 months back in late 2022, so these pay offs aren't for everyone and many would doubt that I'm doing the right thing.  It's right for me though, probably because a lot of my stuff appears to be psychological rather than physical - although obviously the two aren't really separate.

Acceptance.  I dunno.  I'm still in weekly therapy after nearly 5 years.  Increasingly, I can't really afford it, but I end up in such a state without it.  I just don't seem to be able to regulate myself.  That's probably made the most difference, because things seems a bit more under control, or I'm in control, or something.  I think I've got into the headset of changing what I can change and just ignoring the rest of it.  I also madly did a bunch of stuff that I'd assumed I was too old for, e.g. kicked in my job, retrained, bought a massive motorbike, etc.  This was because I had an dog who was on his way out, then got a puppy, and the old boy suddenly got a new lease of life.  I pretty much thought if he could do it, then so could I.

laszla

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2024, 05:01:43 PM »

I also madly did a bunch of stuff that I'd assumed I was too old for, e.g. kicked in my job, retrained, bought a massive motorbike, etc.  This was because I had an dog who was on his way out, then got a puppy, and the old boy suddenly got a new lease of life.  I pretty much thought if he could do it, then so could I.
This is heartening, animals are the stuff of life and well done for your radical re-think; wish I could (had the guts to) do the same
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]