Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Acceptance  (Read 4506 times)

AngelaH

Re: Acceptance
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2024, 07:24:24 PM »

Thank you Angela.

Date I ask what your solution was for the 'poison'????

Or is that when u got the mirena???

My body hates estradiol, which actually is the main ingredient to all NHS HRT treatments . I discovered it when I was looking for VA treatment and Gina nearly killed me. It reached me from vagina and poisoned my whole body.  :o

I was prescribed very weak estriol gel and within 2 hours suddenly nausea and fatigue disappeared.  :o This is how I found out that estradiol was too strong for my post meno body, I don’t need such a big amount of estrogen to function properly, I need just a very little dose and estriol is perfect for me.

joziel

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2024, 07:45:26 PM »

Crispy, I wonder if you could approach it as women with endo do (since endo is caused by high E and especially spikes of it and unstable E)...

They have an injection which puts them into chemical menopause, a gnRH agonist: https://endometriosis.org/treatments/gnrh/

Then you add back in stable steady hormones via HRT without your own fluctuations...

CrispyChick

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2024, 07:54:54 AM »

Angela - very interesting.

I know it's very early days did me (still  ???) and right now I just want my estrogen to do one. But I'm well aware that doesn't mean I won't get low E symptoms post meno.

I'd already clocked u could buy estriol creams. So that's interesting to hear.

Do you get your estriol gel prescribed by NHS??? Is it a vaginal gel used by many fur VA? Or is this different? Where do you stick it.

So. To clarify, you were estrogen dominant through peri, then post meno your E dropped and you were symptomatic with nausea and bad fatigue - which were low E, but only required weak estriol to resolve???

Thanks joziel. It's been mentioned a few times on this thread. I'm going to raise it with my GP - if I could get an appointment. Not sure how much support I'll receive since I've not been badgering the NHS. Been away down the private route for the last few years.

Also, like some of the woman say, and then Angela's experience, I might not tolerate the add back. 😬

joziel

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2024, 11:43:32 AM »

You might not tolerate the add-back but... I don't think you have much to lose. I mean, in a few years to come you will be post-meno and if you can't tolerate 'add back' estrogen then, you'll be going estrogen-less then anyway. Hopefully it is about the fluctuations and you'll be able to have a steady dose, even if not super-high...

AngelaH

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2024, 02:52:30 PM »

1. Do you get your estriol gel prescribed by NHS??? Is it a vaginal gel used by many fur VA? Or is this different? Where do you stick it.

2. So. To clarify, you were estrogen dominant through peri, then post meno your E dropped and you were symptomatic with nausea and bad fatigue - which were low E, but only required weak estriol to resolve???

1. I use small dose of Blissel gel prescribed by GP for VA and also Wellsprings face serum.

2. That’s right.
I didn’t have nausea when I was in peri, I was very dizzy and wobbly.

CrispyChick

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2024, 04:32:19 PM »

Thanks Angela.

I'm very dizzy and wobbly here in peri. But I also get nausea, mostly in the form of motion sickness.

I've learnt so much on this journey. But still can't find a solution.

Unfortunately my acceptance hasn't lasted long. Me on nothing = vertigo all last night. It's just not sustainable.  >:(

Penguin

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2024, 04:35:10 PM »

Thanks Angela.

I'm very dizzy and wobbly here in peri. But I also get nausea, mostly in the form of motion sickness.

I've learnt so much on this journey. But still can't find a solution.

Unfortunately my acceptance hasn't lasted long. Me on nothing = vertigo all last night. It's just not sustainable.  >:(

Does that mean your estrogen has dropped, is that why you are getting vertigo?

CrispyChick

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2024, 04:44:00 PM »

Well, it's always been high. I've been testing (at great expense) a lot over the last 2 years.

But actually, I'm now wondering if there are two issues - poision with high E, and vertigo feeling really ill...low???

Fluctuations???!!!!!!

Is your take on it vertigo would be low E???

Penguin

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2024, 04:53:11 PM »

I wonder if it is a big and sudden drop? Is it positional, like when you roll over or turn your head? Have you looked up BPPV, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo as that can be caused by low hormones.

AngelaH

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2024, 05:08:47 PM »

Me on nothing = vertigo all last night.
I had vertigo when I was prescribed Evorel 75 patches 1.5 years ago. I remember I woke up in the morning, opened my eyes and my bedroom was spinning around me like a merry go round, I was so scared and that put me completely off HRT for another year.

CrispyChick

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2024, 05:22:33 PM »

Hmmm well all my other symptoms are high E. So given Angela's experience - I'll stick with high E.

Horrific.

AngelaH

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2024, 05:34:09 PM »

Hmmm well all my other symptoms are high E. So given Angela's experience - I'll stick with high E.

Horrific.
If you have just high E why progesterone only treatment does not help you? How do your periods behave at the moment?

CrispyChick

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2024, 06:17:12 PM »

Periods are pretty normal.

Progesterone only did help at high enough dose, but low doses of natural progesterone stimulate your estrogen. 

I couldnt get on high enough as it makes he really woozy and aggitated.

Just hasnt worked. 😢

sheila99

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2024, 06:48:14 PM »

Is it definitely linked to oestrogen levels? You can get similar symptoms from inner ear issues.

CrispyChick

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2024, 06:53:28 PM »

Yeah defo hormonal. All ear stuff was investigated early doors.

Goes away on pill, for example.  :o
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4