Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bleeding every month contiunous hrt  (Read 2358 times)

Ladybird13

• First Flush
Bleeding every month contiunous hrt
« on: January 25, 2024, 03:59:20 PM »

Hi, hoping for some advice. I have a Dr appointment but not until 12/2. Am almost 49 and have been on hrt for 5 years. Started everol sequi patches which sorted out the bad symptoms I had. This worked until 18 months ago and the Dr increased the oestrogen to everol 75 and changed to utrogestan every 2 weeks. My periods all through had beenn 21-35 days and even though I should have bled after stopping the progrsterone it could have been a few days before but still only once a month.
Last July, my Dr suggested I took the utrogestan continously. Since then I have had a bleed, the same as before, every month all with pmt symptoms (sore boobs, headache, backache,spots etc). I've read it should settle within 6 months but I have started today and it's now just over 6 months. Once I start all the symptoms go away like they used to do. I'm concerned but the bleeds are not heavier, not unexpected and I've never had a time when I've not bled.,  then started after a break etc  I don't feel as good since I started taking them every day either.
Has anyone had a similar experience? I felt so much better on sequential but was hoping to be period free on these utrogestan  :(

sheila99

Re: Bleeding every month contiunous hrt
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 04:36:47 PM »

Personally I think they can be a bit too quick to put you on conti. As you still have a strong cycle of your own you might be better on sequi. The advantage if utro is that you can adjust it to your own cycle. I'm 63 and still on sequi but that's because I get side effects from utro.

Ladybird13

• First Flush
Re: Bleeding every month contiunous hrt
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 04:40:35 PM »

Thank you. I was wondering if I could go back on sequi. It does feel like my own cycle is over riding what I'm taking