Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: covid  (Read 8028 times)

daisie

Re: covid
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2023, 08:51:09 AM »

daisie - how have you been this week?
hi clkd ,still not feeling good ,covid seems to have triggered bad anxiety and depression, which I had before bur not as severe still feel exhausted and worn out it seems to be lingering too ling for me 3 weeks now x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2023, 12:18:23 PM »

It can take a while, as other Viruses may do.  They work their way through the body's immune system, triggering the reaction to fight and heal.

How is your diet overall?  R U well hydrated?  Sleeping when necessary; we would drop off quite suddenly for several hours at a time  ::).   I began to think that I would be tired for ever, in fact I feel much better 'head' wise in the last 5-6 days, not as sleepy.  We had 12-15 days B4 we got a negative test, how R your tests?

Viruses can affect the whole body including the brain.  Depletes energy levels.  Long Covid is diagnosed after 3 months of symptoms.  Rest whilst you can.  Get into the ☀️ to top up VitD levels.

daisie

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2023, 01:56:47 PM »

It can take a while, as other Viruses may do.  They work their way through the body's immune system, triggering the reaction to fight and heal.

How is your diet overall?  R U well hydrated?  Sleeping when necessary; we would drop off quite suddenly for several hours at a time  ::).   I began to think that I would be tired for ever, in fact I feel much better 'head' wise in the last 5-6 days, not as sleepy.  We had 12-15 days B4 we got a negative test, how R your tests?

Viruses can affect the whole body including the brain.  Depletes energy levels.  Long Covid is diagnosed after 3 months of symptoms.  Rest whilst you can.  Get into the ☀️ to top up VitD levels.
hi ckld,I'm eating now and again ,drinking plenty of fluids but not sleeping much I tend to just lay with my eyes shut in the day I never drop off ,until my body clock knows its time for sleep ,then I drop off wake up ,drop off wake up,that's me every night  :-\it must be insomnia but I feel realy exhausted but still can't sleep my mind is like on overdrive constantly thinking over things ,having covid has made it worse x

daisie

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2023, 02:02:40 PM »

My test are now negative

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2023, 04:03:00 PM »

That's good.  Now take it easy.  We sleep a lot more than we are aware of, even when we 'think' that we've had a 'bad' night.  I have been known to wake to see whether I've slept  ::).  Resting is important.

daisie

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2023, 04:15:48 PM »

That's good.  Now take it easy.  We sleep a lot more than we are aware of, even when we 'think' that we've had a 'bad' night.  I have been known to wake to see whether I've slept  ::).  Resting is important.
you sound like me ,if it wasn't for dreaming I wouldn't know If I have even slept,😄

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2023, 06:17:15 PM »

;D.   

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2023, 11:40:03 AM »

How R U ? any improvement .........

daisie

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2023, 07:58:58 AM »

How R U ? any improvement .........
hi ckld .just seen your message .im still feeling fatigued .but im a bit more motivated .iv ventured out of bedroom into the living room now.not been shopping yet.cant find the energy yet to walk around supermarket been ordering off line.dr put me on ecitalopram took one yesterday now feeling more anxiety with the side effects ,no end to this x daisie

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2023, 08:53:27 AM »

Sometimes ADs can cause a hike in anxiety which will pass once the brain gets used to the medication.  Also there's a certain amount of worrying about side effects so they may happen.  Little steps.  I'm still pacing myself.

daisie

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2023, 09:27:00 AM »

Sometimes ADs can cause a hike in anxiety which will pass once the brain gets used to the medication.  Also there's a certain amount of worrying about side effects so they may happen.  Little steps.  I'm still pacing myself.
It's the side effects why I always stop taking them.the nausea and everything are horrible,on top of already feeling awful its a vicious circle c

Penguin

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2023, 10:38:47 AM »

Daisie I struggled starting taking citalopram (this one is related to the one you're taking) so the GP had me start on a lower dose. Standard dose is 20mg and I started on 10mg and it was a lot more manageable. Plus making sure I'd had a decent breakfast before taking it also helped reduce the side effects too. I hope you can stick with it, it took about 6 weeks for me to feel the full benefits x

daisie

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2023, 11:24:10 AM »

Daisie I struggled starting taking citalopram (this one is related to the one you're taking) so the GP had me start on a lower dose. Standard dose is 20mg and I started on 10mg and it was a lot more manageable. Plus making sure I'd had a decent breakfast before taking it also helped reduce the side effects too. I hope you can stick with it, it took about 6 weeks for me to feel the full benefits x
hi penguin,  the dose iv been given is a 5mg to start with then up to 10mg ,did the one you are on make you feel more anxious at first and nauseous x

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2023, 11:56:21 AM »

Many ADs in the 1990s caused nausea so I had to stop ........ fortunately the last drug I tried worked!  I've not had problems since.

Penguin

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2023, 12:10:11 PM »

hi penguin,  the dose iv been given is a 5mg to start with then up to 10mg ,did the one you are on make you feel more anxious at first and nauseous x

I had hormonal nausea early mornings anyway and the citalopram didn't make it any worse. I resolved it by having crystallised ginger to hand and making sure I had a snack before bed and one as soon as I woke. I still take an emergency banana up to bed with me! But yes, the anxiety was defo worse at first. Particularly in the morning for about 1-5 hours after taking it. Then it tailed off and I was calm by mid afternoon and felt good in the evening. I recently attempted an increase from 10mg to 15mg (one year after starting) and I gave up after four days, it caused absolutely raging anxiety and could not tolerate it. Upped my estrogel instead and felt much better. I think 5mg is a low starting dose for escitalopram though as you supposedly need less of it than citalopram. I'd stick with it for 6 weeks if you can before deciding, I was warned I could feel worse before better and I'm glad I continued.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4