Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: shaky and dizzy (coricosteroid cream use)  (Read 1291 times)

KaraShannon

shaky and dizzy (coricosteroid cream use)
« on: April 13, 2023, 11:01:59 PM »

Hi all

Me and yet another health thing.

So the fungal infection on my other leg (the one that didn't have cellulitis!) has started to improve today with a corticosteroid and anti fungal cream.

Unfortunately I have felt weird.  I mean not my usual menopause weird, but something wrong weird.  Like low blood sugar or something, and strange weak and shaky feeling.  I never get this.  I had eaten as normal.  I think it must be absorption of some of the steroid. 

Has anyone else had this sort of reaction to any steroids?  I've not had it with asthma pump steroids.

So now I'm thinking of not using it and going back to the other (non steroid) anti fungal cream, and just be a bit more reliable in putting it on.  Anyone else had issues like this with steroids?  Trying to work out what might have done it and can't think of anything else.

KaraShannon

Re: shaky and dizzy (coricosteroid cream use)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 12:59:00 AM »

The other thing that happens is as soon as I use it, I get an itchy throat at the back and itchy nose, like I'm going to sneeze. 

I thought it was hayfever, but I've just put the cream on tonight and within minutes this is happening and it wasn't all night.  No windows open for hours, I'm in and it's late.

Maybe I'm allergic to the anti fungal.