Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ringworm  (Read 3274 times)

Dierdre

Re: Ringworm
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2023, 02:53:13 PM »

It was nice just being able to talk about it this morning, feel so much better now and the link and number are like a security blanket, just knowing it's there helps.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2023, 03:25:42 PM »

Those eye glasses are great.  My GP uses them when I have a worry.

Ring worm is distinctive. 

jaypo

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2023, 03:44:45 PM »

Phew,really pleased for you  :)

KaraShannon

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2023, 07:18:06 PM »

This is so weird, Dierdre, I just came to this forum to start a thread called Ringworm, and there was one already here and for a moment I thought I started it.

I've got a red patch on front of leg, and back and vague redness around my ankle. 

Thankfully it's not the leg that had the cellulitis but I am a bit concerned.  It has some ringworm features but also not.  Didn't get to speak to the doctor, was just called by reception to say I have a prescription.  He prescribed Daktacort.  I started it today.  It's got a steroid in it.  Since using that on my skin I've been really aware of my stomach digesting food, not sure if it's linked due to the steroid (quite a large area of skin covered)

This might not even be ringworm.  After having cellulitis on the other leg, I am wondering where all this has come from.  I've had high oestrogen and I read that this can be linked to being prone to more infections including skin ones.

Hope your's is better soon.  :)

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2023, 07:19:13 PM »

Ringworm needs diagnosis for specific treatment. It's a fungus.  Show it to a pharmacist which is what NHS 111 suggests.  It's characteristic.  Mind didn't itch.  The GP gave me a cream which turned flaky when applied .

KaraShannon

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2023, 07:23:37 PM »

Ringworm needs diagnosis for specific treatment. It's a fungus.  Show it to a pharmacist which is what NHS 111 suggests.  It's characteristic.  Mind didn't itch.  The GP gave me a cream which turned flaky when applied .

CLKD I did today and they just said they didn't know what it was but 'probably' ringworm and to use what the doctor had prescribed.  Anyway, I put some of the cream on today and it feels a bit better but I think that the steroid gets in your system a bit.  I'll have to suck it up anyway.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2023, 07:39:11 PM »

Steroids should be used in a small amount, it is a good treatment for many health issues.  My dog was prescribed tablets when she had cancer treatment.

Have a lookC at 'ringworm' on line, it reminds me of how my hand looked.  MayB not many medics etc. C it these days! 

Dierdre

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2023, 10:49:31 PM »

This is so weird, Dierdre, I just came to this forum to start a thread called Ringworm, and there was one already here and for a moment I thought I started it.

I've got a red patch on front of leg, and back and vague redness around my ankle. 

Thankfully it's not the leg that had the cellulitis but I am a bit concerned.  It has some ringworm features but also not.  Didn't get to speak to the doctor, was just called by reception to say I have a prescription.  He prescribed Daktacort.  I started it today.  It's got a steroid in it.  Since using that on my skin I've been really aware of my stomach digesting food, not sure if it's linked due to the steroid (quite a large area of skin covered)

This might not even be ringworm.  After having cellulitis on the other leg, I am wondering where all this has come from.  I've had high oestrogen and I read that this can be linked to being prone to more infections including skin ones.

Mine is smaller today but still a bit sore to touch. Doctor said to put nothing on it and review in 4 weeks.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2023, 08:17:45 AM »

Tnx for the update.

KaraShannon

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2023, 10:56:06 PM »

Mine is smaller today but still a bit sore to touch. Doctor said to put nothing on it and review in 4 weeks.

glad to hear that Dierdre!

:)
Pages: 1 [2]