Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti 50 Patch  (Read 550 times)

angelteejay

Evorel Conti 50 Patch
« on: April 05, 2023, 12:12:43 PM »

I've been on the above for 18 months but since Christmas my symptoms have slowly increased. I was at the end of my tether this morning with waking continuously and night sweats. I'm literally exhausted. I called my GP and she said I could double up on patches. It's off-licence but she said within dosage guidelines. If after a month there's no improvement they will do a blood test to see if I am absorbing the oestrogen. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Dotty

Re: Evorel Conti 50 Patch
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 12:57:53 PM »

I’d be very wary of doubling up on Evorel Conti patches as the double dose of progesterone is a large dose.

You’d be better moving to an oestrogen only patch with Utrogestan for the progesterone.

angelteejay

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 03:09:52 PM »

I can't take Utrogestan unfortunately. I tried 2 years ago and I bled heavily for weeks.

Amerififer

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 04:50:15 PM »

I've been on the above for 18 months but since Christmas my symptoms have slowly increased. I was at the end of my tether this morning with waking continuously and night sweats. I'm literally exhausted. I called my GP and she said I could double up on patches. It's off-licence but she said within dosage guidelines. If after a month there's no improvement they will do a blood test to see if I am absorbing the oestrogen. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Hiya.. I was similar to yourself in that Everol Conti 50 worked great for about 8 months.. then symtpoms came back with a vengence..
Spoke to my GP who suggested I try an everol conti 50 patch along with a plain everol 25 patch.. Since starting the increased dose it seems to be doing the trick.. Others experience may vary :) x

angelteejay

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 11:54:41 AM »

I'm glad you've seen an improvement in symptoms. I started my new dosage yesterday so will wait and see how it affects me. I did sleep better last night though. I just want to start to feel like my old self again. I've been a different person now for 3.5 years... it's so awful :(

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 04:15:35 PM »

Going from 50 straight to 100 is a big jump, you wouldn't normally increase by more than 25 and even that might be too much. I would cut the second one in half and see how you go.