Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Perimenopause mini pill and bleeding  (Read 6248 times)

Kcroucher76

Perimenopause mini pill and bleeding
« on: February 21, 2023, 06:55:19 AM »

Hi, I’m at my wits end!! I’ve been taking 2 mini pills for over a year now to help stop bleeding, to begin with it worked well, but every now and then I have a period!! I’m also on oestrogel 2 pumps. I’ve seen a GP who says the mini pill is not reliable in regulating bleeding. I’m wondering if my progesterone levels drop and that’s why I bleed? I’m bleeding now, not heavy it’s annoying more than anything but what I have noticed is my anxiety around it I seem to be more anxious and start worrying it’s something worse. Anyone else have this and give me some reassurance please?
Thank you

Dotty

Re: Perimenopause mini pill and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 07:50:07 AM »

Hi welcome 🤗 to the forum.

Which mini pill are you taking ? x

Kcroucher76

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 09:24:46 AM »

At the moment cerelle but the next batch I have is cerezzette.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 09:52:28 AM »

https://thebms.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/14-BMS-TfC-Progestogens-and-endometrial-protection-01H.pdf

Page 7 gives you the progesterones that can be used for hrt. So taking 2 desogestrol pills is an off licence use.

From my own experience the mini pill didn’t stop bleeding. I think sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t.

If you don’t need the mini pill for contraception then you could stop taking this and use Utrogestan on a sequential basis which should regulate the bleeding.

CrispyChick

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2023, 11:13:01 AM »

I can't help with the bleeding, or indeed very much  ::)

But what I can share is years back when I was taking cerazette I was switched to cerelle and things changed quite significantly, mostly mood etc. When I finally realised and insisted I was switched back to cerazette, it all sorted out. I know of do one else this happened to too.

No matter what they tell you, there are differences.

You might find you're better on cerazette. X

Booroo

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2023, 12:46:22 PM »

Hi, I’m at my wits end!! I’ve been taking 2 mini pills for over a year now to help stop bleeding, to begin with it worked well, but every now and then I have a period!! I’m also on oestrogel 2 pumps. I’ve seen a GP who says the mini pill is not reliable in regulating bleeding. I’m wondering if my progesterone levels drop and that’s why I bleed? I’m bleeding now, not heavy it’s annoying more than anything but what I have noticed is my anxiety around it I seem to be more anxious and start worrying it’s something worse. Anyone else have this and give me some reassurance please?
Thank you

Snap! I’m on sandrena gel and did t tolerate utrogesten at all so doing double dose mini pill was fine to start with and now still bloody bleeding 2 weeks of it.now ,it’s dries up nearer end of day and when I get up off it goes again,I was start stop when not on hrt and just pill and a week off stopped the bleed lol hope to god it stops cos it’s pain in the neck, meno doctor wasn’t worried when it just started and I phoned another gp forms an referral and was told it can be 6m on hrt?! I have review to book for April am fed up it really gets you down x

Kcroucher76

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 08:59:44 PM »

All of the replies has eased my anxiety. It’s definitely annoying more than anything. I totally get you think it’s stopped then you go to the loo and nope it’s still there. Don’t think the two mini pills are helping at all! All I hope it will stop! I’m due to have the coil in a couple of weeks hope it stops before then.

Booroo

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2023, 06:45:51 AM »

All of the replies has eased my anxiety. It’s definitely annoying more than anything. I totally get you think it’s stopped then you go to the loo and nope it’s still there. Don’t think the two mini pills are helping at all! All I hope it will stop! I’m due to have the coil in a couple of weeks hope it stops before then.

Hope coil works for you I don’t fancy it myself

Kcroucher76

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2023, 09:42:48 PM »

Can I ask what colour is your bleeding? Mine is a watery bright red? I think it means low oestrogen?

Booroo

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2023, 06:22:40 AM »

Bright red like fresh blood haven’t taken the pills today feel really peed off I don’t want to be anaemia so going to ring doctors today can’t wait weeks cos meno gp only works the one day I do! Where did you read that about low oestrogen?x

Can I ask what colour is your bleeding? Mine is a watery bright red? I think it means low oestrogen?

Booroo

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2023, 08:05:03 AM »

Bright red like fresh blood haven’t taken the pills today feel really peed off I don’t want to be anaemia so going to ring doctors today can’t wait weeks cos meno gp only works the one day I do! Where did you read that about low oestrogen?x

I read it on menopause site. I’m still bleeding no sign at all of easing. Let me know how you get on with the GP. I’ve also been thinking of coming off the pill doesn’t seem to be working at all x

It didn’t work sorry xx bright red how do yo7 know it’s low oestrogen I feel awful

Kcroucher76

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2023, 07:25:34 AM »

I’m still bleeding been over a week now, got slight lower back pain as well!! Have you stopped taking the pill? Has that eased the bleeding? I’m just fed up it doesn’t seem to be stopping! It’s not heavy but annoying I just keep over thinking and worrying.

Booroo

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2023, 10:47:18 AM »

No am still takin* everything as suppose to I don’t want to feel like I did before I started hrt am hoping it goes and then review April

Kcroucher76

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2023, 06:47:08 AM »

How’s things? Have you stopped bleeding? I’m still bleeding not heavy at all, but it’s still there!  I’ve decided to stop my oestrogel to see if it makes any difference. Hate all this peri.  :(

Booroo

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2023, 06:49:07 AM »

How’s things? Have you stopped bleeding? I’m still bleeding not heavy at all, but it’s still there!  I’ve decided to stop my oestrogel to see if it makes any difference. Hate all this peri.  :(

Nope!just over the 3 week mark now. It’s heavier when I wake up and then once I take tablets and gel it gradually tapers off for rest of day like it’s a program trying to work it out ? What about you?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4