Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34

Author Topic: Does "man" offend you?  (Read 57491 times)

sheila99

Re: Does "man" offend you?
« Reply #360 on: May 23, 2023, 09:38:13 PM »

I hadn't realised Tommy's was a racist organisation, you can book a 1-1 call but not if you're the wrong colour.
That's 2 reasons why it's gone down in my estimation (I'm sure some new dad's do get depressed but don't compare it what some women go through).

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Woman pretending to be a man!
« Reply #361 on: May 24, 2023, 03:02:51 PM »

A woman who pretended to be a man in order to deceive a woman into having sex with her has been convicted.

Blade Silvano used an unknown object and wore boxer shorts when she sexually assaulted the victim whom she met online, Cambridge Crown Court heard.

Silvano claimed to have never met the victim, telling a jury the relationship was based on fantasy and roleplay.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #362 on: May 24, 2023, 06:01:19 PM »

I love that.
About the green bin identifying AS a green bin.
Made me laugh.  :rofl:

jaypo

« Reply #363 on: May 24, 2023, 07:58:27 PM »

Ha, I know Jill,very clever,think I'll do one for my bin....... I identify as a toaster  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #364 on: May 26, 2023, 01:07:05 PM »

"Life of Brian" 1979 - have a look at the clip - well B4 they're time !

jaypo

« Reply #365 on: May 27, 2023, 08:13:02 AM »

Ha, I remember that clip clkd.
Good to hear the cycling governing body has now said only biological females will be allowed to race in female contests and the males will be open to all

Songbird

« Reply #366 on: May 27, 2023, 08:24:22 AM »

Yep Jaypo. The right decision for sure. Not before time 👍

jaypo

« Reply #367 on: May 28, 2023, 01:37:12 PM »

Had a laugh with my OH today as I am genuinely confused (more than usual) article today about a transgender woman,who has a female partner who is non binary   :o. So this trans woman become a woman to become lesbian?? Omg my brain is frazzled  ;D

Songbird

« Reply #368 on: May 28, 2023, 02:25:19 PM »

;D ;D....I'm confused.com too Jaypo. Geez, I hope my mum doesn't come across this article. How on earth am I going to explain that one?!  :o

Taz2

« Reply #369 on: May 28, 2023, 03:06:42 PM »

If the woman is non-binary she's not a lesbian. It does get confusing.

have two trans women friends who are both in lesbian relationships. It may sound strange but they have both gone through really difficult times to finally become who they needed to be. It is fabulous to see them finally happy rather than living the lives they were before, trying to conform,  being thoroughly miserable in bodies which just didn't feel like their own.

Taz x  :)

jaypo

« Reply #370 on: May 28, 2023, 03:57:35 PM »

Nup,don't get it,sorry, I have a friend who's son is now a trans woman and I DO have sympathy for genuine trans people but when it gets into all this nonsense of non binary,no,sorry,total attention seekers,look at meeeee,I'm even MORE different from others  :(

KaraShannon

« Reply #371 on: May 28, 2023, 03:58:24 PM »

Haven't read whole thread but what the heck is wrong with a gingerbread man?   ;D

Woke has gone too far, it's actually sending the truly woke back to sleep. 

CLKD

« Reply #372 on: May 28, 2023, 05:14:02 PM »

There's an article in a Sunday paper about a boy/girl who now regrets transitioning and believes that most are lesbian  ::)

Trans women were men  :-\ ? so how can they be in lesbian relationships ....... that's surely heterosexual?

jaypo

« Reply #373 on: May 28, 2023, 06:08:16 PM »

Aww geeze clkd,my brain is actually about to go into meltdown  ;D

This is exactly why changing gender is so risky in those who are too young to know,in the future we're going to have people want into go back to how they were at birth,I mean it's happening now. Yep,change to a woman to become a lesbian,oh puuuuleeease 😩

Oh do join in Kara,we're putting the world to rights  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #374 on: May 28, 2023, 07:29:36 PM »

Lets get this straight [C what I did]

Women are born with a vagina, womb and potential
Men have a penis - enough said

Some girls find that they prefer the company of girls - men also hook up with men

So far so good ............ I read today that brains don't stop developing until the age of 20-25 so making such diverse decisions purely on a 'feeling' can be dangerous.  Some children feel that they are 'in the wrong body' from an early age: i.e. 2-5 - after which a child begins to develop a feeling of 'self'.  Before the age of 5 humans can't be influenced in the subject of gender.  My Uncle was dressed in velvet dresses until the age of 6, a fabric that he hated ever after!  [born in the early 1920s].  It was the fashion, it didn't make him anything other than a man.

Why can't parents suggest that their young children wait - without putting pressure on to dress either way?  There were certain fabrics especially wool that my sister couldn't wear as it irritated her skin, she also undressed all her dolls.  But no-one gave any thought to any 'what ifs'.  We had shorts for Summer wear on the beach, otherwise it was dresses.  Dad wouldn't allow his daughters to be seen in trousers  :o
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34