Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Really bad muscle pain and stifness  (Read 1093 times)

Pippa52

Really bad muscle pain and stifness
« on: October 04, 2022, 09:17:29 AM »

Hi lovely ladies
I am experiencing really severe muscle pain and stiffness all over.  I started back on Oestrogel 2 months ago having had to be switched to several different types of oestrogen only HRT  over the past 6 months due to the shortages.  I had a blood test 2 months ago which showed very low blood levels of oestrogen (69). I had been starting to improve with no fast heartbeats and sleeping much better.  I have been slowly increasing the dose as advised as am super sensitive to dose increases so have to go slowly and am on 2 1/2 pumps daily now.  I tried going up slightly last week but it caused really bad migraines and then this is when this intense pain and stiffness set in.  Has anyone else suffered from this?  I have a check up and new blood test booked for end of November but am really struggling to function at the moment.  Your inputs/advice/experiences would be so appreciated. xx

Amazing grace

Re: Really bad muscle pain and stifness
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 10:45:01 AM »

Hi pippa, I really feel for you as I'm suffering the same thing, I moved back to gel from patches last November, I've had increasingly bad joint and muscle pain, in fact it's the one problem I just can't get any relief from, I'm currently on 3 pumps was on 4 but was too much, last week I had an appointment with a rheumatology consultant and he's done a load of blood tests, xrays and sending me to physio, I do have osteoarthritis in my knees and lower spine but he is saying he suspects I have fibromyalgia, for me I hurt and ache every where, I did read on the pil that comes with estrogel that joint and muscle pain is a side effect but I really don't know, what I do know is no matter how much estrogen I use the pain gets worse not better, sorry I have no answers but just wanted you to know you are not alone , really hope you find relief because it's awful I'm 49 but feel 80 x

Pippa52

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 11:53:55 AM »

Amazing grace - thanks so much for your reply and I am so very sorry to hear you are suffering too.  Its rubbish it really is.  I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia several years ago but although I got the occasional flare up and it does limit my physical exercise I have never been this badly affected before.  I guess it might be a double whammy of that on top of still low oestrogen levels  I'm going to give it a few more days to see if things calm down (any other flare up I have had in the past has only lasted a few days) and if not I will make an appointment with the Doctor.  I am also getting a bit of anxiety and some hot flushes again so it may well be my oestrogen level is still very low so will get that checked out.  I am so coming back as a man.  Again so very sorry to hear your story and I do hope so much you can find some relief. xxxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 11:54:26 AM »

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out; skin, vagina, scalp, eyes, deep in the ears, nostrils. Muscles may also become lax = aches and pains.  Hiaturs hernia and frozen shoulder are 'common' as hormones rise and fall.

Pippa52

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 12:08:09 PM »

CLKD - thanks so much for your post.  I am so not a fan of getting older but knowledge is power as they say so am so grateful for all comments xxx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 12:21:44 PM »

In my head I'm 16  ;)

Gnatty

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2022, 12:44:03 PM »

Have either of you added in testosterone? I think it makes a huge difference with aches and pains etc

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2022, 01:59:20 PM »

Also taking pain relief 30 mins B4 exercise will help.

Amazing grace

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2022, 02:28:04 PM »

Hi pippa, could I ask you if you take anything for fibromyalgia, my consultant suggested gabapentin or duloxetine, neither of which I fancy taking, I'm already on amitriptyline, I hate taking meds, and I'm so with you on coming back as a man.

Gnatty, I haven't tryed testosterone I want to, I've put off asking my gp because I feel like they will just say no, I've got a review coming up in December so I will ask her then, am I right in thinking gp doesn't prescribe it though x

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2022, 02:38:20 PM »

Hi Pippa. Is the stiffness worse in the larger muscles such as hips thighs shoulders?

Taz x

Pippa52

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2022, 02:40:39 PM »

Amazing grace - no I don't take anything for Fibro.  I did try Nortriptyline (v similar to Amytriptyline apparently) but it made me feel awful.  Until now I have managed mostly quite well with gentle exercise etc and learning to pace myself but this latest episode has really floored me it's never been this bad before.  Like you I hate taking pills etc - I do take Vitamin D in the winter months though.xx

Pippa52

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2022, 02:42:44 PM »

Taz 2 - its pretty much all over to be honest, wrists, shoulders, neck, thighs, ankles, head.  I did wonder about polymyalgia (please no!) and if things don't improve it will be one of the things I will ask to be tested for. x

Pippa52

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2022, 02:44:12 PM »

Gnatty - I have thought about testosterone but I was told I had to get my oestrogen levels right first?  I will definitely mention it too though - thank you x

Pippa52

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2022, 02:45:39 PM »

CLKD - totally with you.... I completely relate to being 16 in my head :) sadly my body though is very much in my 69 year old mode at the moment!!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2022, 03:11:28 PM »

I never want to wake up or get out of bed .......... once out and dressed I'm more or less OK as long as I have plenty to keep me occupied  ::)
Pages: [1] 2