Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Really bad muscle pain and stifness  (Read 1091 times)

Taz2

Re: Really bad muscle pain and stifness
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2022, 03:45:20 PM »

Taz 2 - its pretty much all over to be honest, wrists, shoulders, neck, thighs, ankles, head.  I did wonder about polymyalgia (please no!) and if things don't improve it will be one of the things I will ask to be tested for. x

The muscles affected in PMR are quite specific to begin with. It usually comes on suddenly in the hips and shoulders and is worse first thing in the morning. It affects how far you can raise your arms quite drastically.
I never want to wake up or get out of bed .......... once out and dressed I'm more or less OK as long as I have plenty to keep me occupied  ::)

Do you know what your vitamin D level is? Many people need to take it all year round so if you are only using it in the winter you could be low?

Taz x

Pippa52

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2022, 03:54:20 PM »

Taz 2 I can raise my arms right up but shoulders and thighs are certainly very stiff.  I will certainly take Vit D all the year round from now on I think.  I did get tested  for Vit D once but that was ages ago and it was low then - 60 I think.  Am only taking a low dose so will increase it to the recommended level.  Thanks Taz x

pepperminty

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2022, 04:16:15 PM »

Hi,

Did you have the muscle pain before? Has it only just come on as you have increased?

The muscle pain comes on for me every time I try to increase with my particular HRT. I believe that there is something going on regarding the type I take.  I never had it when I was on premarin years ago. In fact I felt like a I had a new body then - no aches at all and my ankle pain cleared up within a week. I had to stop it due to the progesterone.
Each type of estrogen can affect everyone differently. I would love to know why an increase would make you ache more.

PMxx

Gnatty

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2022, 06:01:08 PM »

GPs can prescribe testosterone but you have to say it's for low libido. X
Pages: 1 [2]