Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 78

Author Topic: Re: How are you today?  (Read 130171 times)

Katherine

Re: How are you today?
« Reply #810 on: October 24, 2023, 05:59:33 PM »

Thank you Katherine. I don't get pleasure from eating now but can still enjoy family and friends. I'm not very mobile but still enjoy the odd day out and then there's books, TV, music etc. When I have a good day I try to make the most of it  :)

I’m really glad that you enjoy family and friends, some days out and your interests, that’s really positive. It sounds like you are a strong person with a positive outlook. I actually remember seeing your name on here a while back when I first joined and thinking what a lovely choice of name.  :) I think Autumn is my favourite season, with the mild weather, clear skies and colourful leaves. Is Autumn your favourite season too?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #811 on: October 24, 2023, 06:26:28 PM »

Hi Taz.  All pharmacists should ask which medications are being taken B4 finally handing over the prexcription.  It wasn't until I got home with the Erthycomin [sp] that I read of 3 drugs that I take that are contraindicative.  They are there as a back up for the prescribing practitioner.  It isn't up to patients to be that knowledgable. 

Reflux is a continuing problem because I've stopped the Omepralol ........  ::).  Less of a cough today.  Now I have a long list to discuss with our GP next week. 

'alternatives' haven't been tested, peer reviewed nor passed by NICE which is why NHS GPs won't mention them.

Taz2

« Reply #812 on: October 24, 2023, 08:24:27 PM »

I still think that we have a responsibility to ourselves which is obviously what you did. Did you find them out by reading the leaflets? Pharmacists seem run off their feet nowadays - two of ours have closed recently so our remaining one is so busy. Which are the ones that are contraindicated with omeprazole just in case I get prescribed them too?

If you stop omeprazole then you can get really bad reflux causing damage to the oesophagus so be careful.  Was it because of the erythromycin as I can find nothing about that in my omeprazole leaflet.

Taz x

Autumnwalks

« Reply #813 on: October 24, 2023, 09:23:59 PM »

Katherine yes Autumn is my favourite season. I can't really manage walks now much but love the Autumn colours and enjoy looking at the trees. The dog I used to have was the colour of Autumn. :-* Thank you for your kindness.

Katherine

« Reply #814 on: October 25, 2023, 09:40:15 AM »

[ :) quote author=Autumnwalks link=topic=63011.msg924722#msg924722 date=1698182639]
Katherine yes Autumn is my favourite season. I can't really manage walks now much but love the Autumn colours and enjoy looking at the trees. The dog I used to have was the colour of Autumn. :-* Thank you for your kindness.
[/quote]

It sounds like we might be kindred spirits :). I bet your dog was beautiful. What’s your favourite autumn colour? Mine is the crimson, it is so vibrant. My living room is very autumnal, I have mustard and terracotta textiles and lots of plants, fake ivy everywhere! My cat is a brown tabby but even she has auburn streaks in her fur. X

Autumnwalks

« Reply #815 on: October 25, 2023, 10:27:00 AM »

Yes indeed Katherine! Mine is the crimson too. My dog was a red dachy. He loved Autumn too. I'm moving next week to go and live in an annexe with my daughter to make life easier and my new living room is all Autumn colours. Yours sounds lovely. I'm having a rough morning and you've cheered me up.  :-*

CLKD

« Reply #816 on: October 25, 2023, 11:23:20 AM »

Too early to tell though my face is like a hamster and the gum line very sore and I have to do a deep clean 3 times a day  :o  :-X

jaypo

« Reply #817 on: October 25, 2023, 11:51:10 AM »

Kept waking through the night every time I turned as I kept getting a sharp pain in my right kidney area  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #818 on: October 25, 2023, 01:47:50 PM »

It's all or nowt!  What did U lift in the last couple of days?

still cant' decide  :-\

Katherine

« Reply #819 on: October 25, 2023, 04:44:03 PM »

Yes indeed Katherine! Mine is the   crimson  too. My dog was a red dachy. He loved Autumn too. I'm moving next week to go and live in an annexe with my daughter to make life easier and my new living room is all Autumn colours. Yours sounds lovely. I'm having a rough morning and you've cheered me up.  :-*

I’m glad I’ve cheered you up. You’ve cheered me up too, talking about autumn, pets and decor, some of my favourite things. It’s lovely that you will be with your daughter and you will have a new autumnal living room! You must let me know how you are getting on in your new place!  :)

Autumnwalks

« Reply #820 on: October 25, 2023, 05:29:51 PM »

Katherine will do  :-*

Limpy

« Reply #821 on: October 25, 2023, 06:59:14 PM »

Hi Taz.  All pharmacists should ask which medications are being taken B4 finally handing over the prexcription.  It wasn't until I got home with the Erthycomin [sp] that I read of 3 drugs that I take that are contraindicative.  They are there as a back up for the prescribing practitioner.  It isn't up to patients to be that knowledgable. 

Reflux is a continuing problem because I've stopped the Omepralol ........  ::).  Less of a cough today.  Now I have a long list to discuss with our GP next week. 

'alternatives' haven't been tested, peer reviewed nor passed by NICE which is why NHS GPs won't mention them.

CLKD - when Mr L had to limit the use of Omeprazole due to other medication, it was not that you don't take them at all, it is that you don’t take the two at the same time, just leave an appropriate time gap between doses. It's not that you shouldn’t take the PPI at all.

Minusminnie

« Reply #822 on: October 26, 2023, 06:58:00 AM »

Thumbs up Limpy.  Hope that sorts it for you CLKD.

CLKD

« Reply #823 on: October 26, 2023, 04:47:12 PM »

That's not what the pharmacist advised.

Bounce back reflux and cough becomes worse during the day  >:(
Weary even though I slept heavily, DH had to wake me at 9.30 a.m.

Taz2

« Reply #824 on: October 27, 2023, 08:14:03 AM »

That's not what the pharmacist advised.

Bounce back reflux and cough becomes worse during the day  >:(
Weary even though I slept heavily, DH had to wake me at 9.30 a.m.

Can you tell us what the erythromycin leaflet says about omeprazole? I only ask as my neighbour has been given the same antibiotic and is on omeprazole and can't find anything that says she shouldn't take the two medications. She did note that one of the statins shouldn't be used but she's not on those anyway.

Taz x
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 78