Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 78

Author Topic: Re: How are you today?  (Read 133938 times)

jaypo

Re: How are you today?
« Reply #825 on: October 27, 2023, 08:17:31 AM »

I'm pretty sure you CAN take both together Taz,unless this is very new info,it's quite common to get omeprazole along with an AB as they can cause acidity in the stomach but maybe I'm missing something 🤷‍♀️

Taz2

« Reply #826 on: October 27, 2023, 08:53:22 AM »

I have found this under the "ask your doctor before taking erythromycin if you are also taking • cimetidine and omeprazole (used to treat acid reflux and other related conditions);" on the leaflet but it doesn't rule out any of the other PPI's and, as stopping a PPI suddenly isn't recommended due to the worry over ulceration of the oesophagus, then it's a shame that your doctor didn't prescribe an alternative to stop you having the bounce back reflux and discomfort CLKD. On the NHS page omeprazole isn't mentioned though so it's all a bit muddled! https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/erythromycin/taking-erythromycin-with-other-medicines-and-herbal-supplements/

I'll carry on reading the information leaflets I think!

Taz x

Penguin

« Reply #827 on: October 27, 2023, 10:11:41 AM »

I have found this under the "ask your doctor before taking erythromycin if you are also taking • cimetidine and omeprazole (used to treat acid reflux and other related conditions);" on the leaflet but it doesn't rule out any of the other PPI's and, as stopping a PPI suddenly isn't recommended due to the worry over ulceration of the oesophagus, then it's a shame that your doctor didn't prescribe an alternative to stop you having the bounce back reflux and discomfort CLKD. On the NHS page omeprazole isn't mentioned though so it's all a bit muddled! https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/erythromycin/taking-erythromycin-with-other-medicines-and-herbal-supplements/

I'll carry on reading the information leaflets I think!

Taz x

When it says 'ask your doctor' I was told by my GP that it doesn't mean a medication can't be taken, just that the doctor may advise taking it a few hours apart. A pharmacist can't make that decision,  but a doctor or nurse practitioner can.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #828 on: October 27, 2023, 02:26:02 PM »

Tell her to ask her Phramacist mayB?  Why is everyone querying what I was told?  Also I was told to take Gaviscon 'at a push'.   :-X. It wasn't prescribed by a GP.

Also PPIs are putting bone health at risk if taken long-term.

Fed up.  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #829 on: October 27, 2023, 02:59:31 PM »

I queried it as it seemed to put you in an uncomfortable position when another ppi would have solved the problem. The statin problem is different though. Life can be very confusing! How are you coping with the erythromycin?

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #830 on: October 27, 2023, 03:13:12 PM »

Tnx Taz.  Well the AB hasn't caused any problems thus far, though managing 3 and not 4 doses daily, due to reflux to the point of liquid 'up' last night, had to sleep sitting up  :o.  And fitting in my ADs in the day  ::).  Having read of the risk of bone loss I won't be taking it again.  It mayB contributing to the problems round the implant site.

No pain relief required as I have been advised  not to take 'nurofen' due to Chronic Kidney Disease.  Found on blood tests because I took statins - however, had I not had the blood tests  :-\.

I'm more confused the more I read  ::) and certainly it will be on the 'to discuss' list when DH and I visit our GP next week. 

jaypo

« Reply #831 on: October 27, 2023, 03:42:45 PM »

It's a minefield out there,when I told my Dr vagifem gave me backache and stomach ache, I was told no,it won't be the vagifem,yet,when I looked it up,lots of women had the same issues,if you can't trust a dr.......... :-\

Limpy

« Reply #832 on: October 27, 2023, 04:00:19 PM »

Tell her to ask her Phramacist mayB?  Why is everyone querying what I was told?  Also I was told to take Gaviscon 'at a push'.   :-X. It wasn't prescribed by a GP.

Also PPIs are putting bone health at risk if taken long-term.

Fed up.  :-\

It's not querying as such CLKD - more trying to help.
Mr L had terrible problems when he did what he was told re stopping Omeprazole. Him, being a scientist queried what he was told and then got, more detailed, useful information.
It seemed reasonable to share that information - it might help someone.

SarahT

« Reply #833 on: October 27, 2023, 07:16:15 PM »

In a horrible irritable tearful mood. No idea why. Feel ready to lash out at anyone who crosses me. Think this year is finally catching up with me maybe.
Maybe tomorrow I will be back to my sweet and sunny nature  ;D or not.....

CLKD

« Reply #834 on: October 27, 2023, 08:09:14 PM »

Get a pillow and beat it SarahT?   :beat:

I have moments of sudden irritability  :-\ for no apparently reason other than I am tired  :-X

SarahT

« Reply #835 on: October 27, 2023, 08:19:47 PM »

Yes. Probably a better option than me wanting to trolley ram everyone who got in my way on the joyus weekly shop earlier. I sent my husband back to the car for his own safety! Just in a bit of a fug today.

jaypo

« Reply #836 on: October 28, 2023, 08:48:33 AM »

I hate days like that,when you wake up and think.........EVERYONE better keep outta my way. Although I do enjoy a good trolley ram ,don't even have to be in a bad mood for that  ;D

Penguin

« Reply #837 on: October 28, 2023, 09:26:11 AM »

Yes. Probably a better option than me wanting to trolley ram everyone who got in my way on the joyus weekly shop earlier. I sent my husband back to the car for his own safety! Just in a bit of a fug today.

Oh Sarah I hope you have woken up feeling better today! Sounds like a duvet day might be needed if not?

CLKD

« Reply #838 on: October 28, 2023, 09:49:18 AM »

Weary
Bad low back pain due to coughing - Paracetamol doesn't work as quickly as Nurofen  >:( >:(

No reflux - yet

SarahT

« Reply #839 on: October 28, 2023, 12:22:11 PM »

Bad one ladies. Black moods back. Can't stop crying. I have had a couple of ok months and now seem to hit rock bottom again.
I have had such a bad year it's all catching up. Mum mum died, lost my brother, husband diagnosed with skin cancer, health deteriorating. My escape was a fast walk but can't manage that anymore.
Have a counselling call next week, then hospital appt week after to see why my physical body is grinding down. Hope can get something sorted, one thing at a time....

Thanks all xx

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 78