Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 78

Author Topic: Re: How are you today?  (Read 132324 times)

Taz2

Re: How are you today?
« Reply #780 on: October 23, 2023, 08:39:38 PM »

What a horrible day for you Katherine but lots of support shown to you on here which I hope has cheered you up. Just to say you can film people in a public place in the UK but bear in mind that shops, restaurants, football grounds, theatres etc are all considered private places as they are owned by someone . It is not a good idea to put any film of someone on YouTube without their permission, though, as this can lead to legal action

Taz x

Katherine

« Reply #781 on: October 23, 2023, 10:35:56 PM »

Hi Taz, thanks for the info. I would never put someone on YouTube, I was just thinking of telling the dog owners that because the irresponsible dog owners are just so confident that they can let their dog in your food, up your coat, etc, and nothing will happen. I’m just feeling very cross at the moment and a bit despairing of how common disrespect and nastiness are becoming with zero provocation. I guess if you are filming a selfie video with them in the background there’s not much they can say to that.

Penguin

« Reply #782 on: October 24, 2023, 06:27:01 AM »

Hi Taz, thanks for the info. I would never put someone on YouTube, I was just thinking of telling the dog owners that because the irresponsible dog owners are just so confident that they can let their dog in your food, up your coat, etc, and nothing will happen. I’m just feeling very cross at the moment and a bit despairing of how common disrespect and nastiness are becoming with zero provocation. I guess if you are filming a selfie video with them in the background there’s not much they can say to that.

People need to be in control of their dog at all times, it is against the law not to be. So you could tell them you will report them to council dog warden, using the video as evidence?

Katherine

« Reply #783 on: October 24, 2023, 07:23:23 AM »

People need to be in control of their dog at all times, it is against the law not to be. So you could tell them you will report them to council dog warden, using the video as evidence?

Good idea Penguin. I’m going to get a pocket sewn on to the top front of my coat and have my phone in it camera pointing outwards where it’s clear to people. I’ve seen other people do this. I’ve also seen a handheld ultrasonic device on YouTube that apparently deters dogs with no bad effects so might try that too. I was thinking yesterday these things never seem to happen when I’m out walking with my partner, it’s when I’m on my own. I couldn’t sleep last night until 3am due to the anger. I haven’t felt that angry in a really long time and I know it’s really a build up of various things but just a horrible feeling. I feel a bit better though that you ladies have rallied around me.

jaypo

« Reply #784 on: October 24, 2023, 07:42:43 AM »

Cyclists have cameras on their helmets and are always putting stuff on YouTube/tiktok etc I'd not hesitate to show these people out. If we do nothing,nothing will get done. Some people just don't think laws apply to them,god help this country in 10/20 years time  :'(

Penguin

« Reply #785 on: October 24, 2023, 07:50:07 AM »

Good idea Penguin. I’m going to get a pocket sewn on to the top front of my coat and have my phone in it camera pointing outwards where it’s clear to people. I’ve seen other people do this. I’ve also seen a handheld ultrasonic device on YouTube that apparently deters dogs with no bad effects so might try that too. I was thinking yesterday these things never seem to happen when I’m out walking with my partner, it’s when I’m on my own. I couldn’t sleep last night until 3am due to the anger. I haven’t felt that angry in a really long time and I know it’s really a build up of various things but just a horrible feeling. I feel a bit better though that you ladies have rallied around me.

We used one when training our dog out of barking at everyone and everything called Pet Corrector Spray. You can get it on amazon, one spray (away from the dog, not directed at them) emits a loud hiss which dogs hate and run away from. Does no harm and might help you in the moment. I agree, it seems to be women on their own who become targets of abuse, so I think having the camera visible is a good idea, as it may also help stop a situation becoming nasty.

On a more positive note though, what are you going to do today to cheer yourself up?

Katherine

« Reply #786 on: October 24, 2023, 07:53:51 AM »

Cyclists have cameras on their helmets and are always putting stuff on YouTube/tiktok etc I'd not hesitate to show these people out. If we do nothing,nothing will get done. Some people just don't think laws apply to them,god help this country in 10/20 years time  :'(

Good point Jaypo. I feel like the numbers of laws in the UK are increasing but they aren’t getting enforced. I am definitely going to use my phone camera. I think I will write to my local MP too about the dog issue, as I expect there are many others who feel the same.

Katherine

« Reply #787 on: October 24, 2023, 08:01:32 AM »

We used one when training our dog out of barking at everyone and everything called Pet Corrector Spray. You can get it on amazon, one spray (away from the dog, not directed at them) emits a loud hiss which dogs hate and run away from. Does no harm and might help you in the moment. I agree, it seems to be women on their own who become targets of abuse, so I think having the camera visible is a good idea, as it may also help stop a situation becoming nasty.

On a more positive note though, what are you going to do today to cheer yourself up?

Thanks for the info Penguin. I’m going to look into products online today. I’m working today, from home thankfully so it will help knowing nothing bad can happen. Also taking positive action and being on here helps. I’m just going to try and look after myself and try not to be too down on myself that I let this woman get to me. I could go out always being on guard but that would defeat the object of my beach walks which are my favourite thing to do.

jaypo

« Reply #788 on: October 24, 2023, 08:16:20 AM »

Enjoy your beach walks Katherine,I'd do anything to walk along my dearly missed Aberdeen beach,don't let these people get you down girl,not everyone loves dogs but even if you do,you don't want them slobbering over you or dirtying your clothes  >:(

Penguin

« Reply #789 on: October 24, 2023, 08:17:40 AM »

Enjoy your beach walks Katherine,I'd do anything to walk along my dearly missed Aberdeen beach,don't let these people get you down girl,not everyone loves dogs but even if you do,you don't want them slobbering over you or dirtying your clothes  >:(

Ooh did you live in Aberdeen, Jaypo? Is that where you are from? My dad was from there, Peterhead. I love Aberdeen xxx

Penguin

« Reply #790 on: October 24, 2023, 08:18:51 AM »

And I agree. Don't change what you do for these people, Katherine, otherwise they have won. Just put things in place re how you do it x

Katherine

« Reply #791 on: October 24, 2023, 08:53:27 AM »

I will Jaypo. I wish you could go to your Aberdeen beach. Are you far away from it now? I’ve only been to Scotland a couple of time but it’s just a magical place, really special, and the nicest people. X

Katherine

« Reply #792 on: October 24, 2023, 08:58:58 AM »

And I agree. Don't change what you do for these people, Katherine, otherwise they have won. Just put things in place re how you do it x

Oh I definitely won’t Penguin. I just need to be a bit more prepared. The phone camera in my pocket should do the trick and a dog deterrent device. In my better moments I do remember that these people have already lost, they have lost their empathy and kindness and I will keep mine no matter what. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #793 on: October 24, 2023, 09:49:54 AM »

It's awful when dog owners become defensive  >:(.  Especially in the days when the Dangerous Dogs Act is being implemented more often.

Me - reflux ........ had to sit up for half the night  :-\ then slept with busy dreams.  Dentist later.

jaypo

« Reply #794 on: October 24, 2023, 10:39:30 AM »

Ooh did you live in Aberdeen, Jaypo? Is that where you are from? My dad was from there, Peterhead. I love Aberdeen xxx
Yes I did penguin,for over 40 years,your dad wasn't a fisherman was he? Lol good old Peterhead. I moved to Wiltshire and stayed there for 12 years,now back in Scotland,Lanarkshire but miss Aberdeen terribly  :'(
Oh yes Katherine,we are totally amazing  ;D ;D
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 78