Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 78

Author Topic: Re: How are you today?  (Read 133947 times)

Songbird

Re: How are you today?
« Reply #765 on: October 23, 2023, 09:51:14 AM »

That's great news Jill 🥳 👏....
What a fabulous start to the week for you both. Now, get that hoover out, plan a lovely meal and maybe even a wee 🥂😘

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #766 on: October 23, 2023, 10:32:43 AM »

WOW  :ola: tnx for the update

Limpy

Re: Re: How are you today?
« Reply #767 on: October 23, 2023, 11:43:31 AM »

That is brilliant news Jillydoll, so good to hear. 👏

jaypo

« Reply #768 on: October 23, 2023, 12:52:35 PM »

Hope you have your Nigella Lawson pinny at the ready Jill  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #769 on: October 23, 2023, 01:26:38 PM »

Coughing with reflux  >:(.  Dental appt tomorrow for review and advice.

Today: weary.  Slightly bloated  :( otherwise OK - I think.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #770 on: October 23, 2023, 04:33:18 PM »

Aww thanx everyone.
I cried when they said he could home. But get this.........ITS TOMORROW HE'S COMING HOME.  :party:

Saw the anesthetist this afternoon. He said he could come home tomorrow. 
He's so pleased to get out of there.
Just his drain to come out later and feed tube tomorrow,  then he's ok to go.
I wanted to hug him but couldn't because of his wound.  ;D
Great news I just wanted to share. It could've so easily be a different story.  :'(

Xx

littleminnie

« Reply #771 on: October 23, 2023, 05:16:43 PM »

:cancan:  excellent news!!

CLKD

« Reply #772 on: October 23, 2023, 05:44:51 PM »

Little steps.  He may take a while to adjust to 'normal' times because as many of us know, hospital time is so different  ::).  Also he's used to being cared for with food etc. as required ....... so a welcome tray every morning ?  will he be on a restricted diet?

I'm fed up with reflux.  I think it's time to come off the omeprazole as I've read that it can cause osteoporosis.  Hopefully this bounce back will settle - it's finding something to ease it. 

I had a sleep this afternoon and woke up cold  >:(

Katherine

« Reply #773 on: October 23, 2023, 06:30:31 PM »

Hi ladies,

I've not been on here a while as I've really been going through it but had a particularly rotten day today. I felt really depressed this morning and couldn't physically get up until late in the day. I went and sat on a wall by the beach with a coffee and sandwich to try and feel better, and a dog came over with drool hanging from its mouth and drooled on my sandwich box which luckily I had eaten but the owner did not know. The owners son had his hand under its collar put did not appear to be pulling it off. I complained that the dog was drooling on my sandwich box and was told that they were trying to pull it off (with apparently no force) and that I should expect to encounter dogs on a beach. I said it was rude, got answered back, said you should control your dog, got answered back, I was so angry I just stuck my fingers in my ears as she was determined to have the last word. Oh and yesterday I took myself out shopping to try and feel better and a man literally coughed hard right in my face as he walked past. I feel like some people have a 'vulnerable' detector and I need a f ing bodyguard or to stay in the house.

I am so sick of this dog thing, getting muddy paws down my coat, scratched legs, drool, etc, that I am starting to wonder what can I legally do to get dogs of of me. Does anyone know if its legal to openly film someone with your mobile and tell them it is going on the internet?

jaypo

« Reply #774 on: October 23, 2023, 06:40:48 PM »

Oh I sympathise with you Katherine,I'm a dog owner but a responsible one, I do think you are within your rights to film, I know I would.As for that guy coughing in your face,I've had this too, I think people have lost all respect for others these days, I would go live in the wilds if I could and steer clear of all of them  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #775 on: October 23, 2023, 06:42:17 PM »

You won't be on your own for long jaypo  :-\.  I think that respect had disappeared well B4 Covid shut down and people have soon forgotten 'not to invade my space'  >:(

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #776 on: October 23, 2023, 06:45:20 PM »

So sorry Kathrine you feel so rotten.  😢
Hang in there, things will get better.
People are so rude nowadays. No thought half the time for anyone but themselves. Makes my blood boil!
Talk to someone, play your music, watch a feel good film. Anything to get your mind off your own feelings, it does help.
Keep posting, you have us here to sound off too.
Keep going, your doing good.  :foryou:

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #777 on: October 23, 2023, 06:47:14 PM »

Thanks everyone for your kind words. 😊

Yes CLKD he's on a restricted diet for the next two weeks. Then we'll see how things are.

Penguin

« Reply #778 on: October 23, 2023, 07:17:01 PM »

Hi ladies,

I've not been on here a while as I've really been going through it but had a particularly rotten day today. I felt really depressed this morning and couldn't physically get up until late in the day. I went and sat on a wall by the beach with a coffee and sandwich to try and feel better, and a dog came over with drool hanging from its mouth and drooled on my sandwich box which luckily I had eaten but the owner did not know. The owners son had his hand under its collar put did not appear to be pulling it off. I complained that the dog was drooling on my sandwich box and was told that they were trying to pull it off (with apparently no force) and that I should expect to encounter dogs on a beach. I said it was rude, got answered back, said you should control your dog, got answered back, I was so angry I just stuck my fingers in my ears as she was determined to have the last word. Oh and yesterday I took myself out shopping to try and feel better and a man literally coughed hard right in my face as he walked past. I feel like some people have a 'vulnerable' detector and I need a f ing bodyguard or to stay in the house.

I am so sick of this dog thing, getting muddy paws down my coat, scratched legs, drool, etc, that I am starting to wonder what can I legally do to get dogs of of me. Does anyone know if its legal to openly film someone with your mobile and tell them it is going on the internet?

Oh Katherine what a rotten day, and when you were already feeling so bad. I'm a dog owner too and I'd be mortified if my dog drooled over someone's food or left muddy pawprints on them. Should have been pulled off immediately rather tha. So half heartedly. Where we live dogs aren't allowed off lead on the promenade at any time but you still see selfish, negligent people doing it.
I'm so sorry you had such a rubbish day today, and I hope tomorrow is better x

Katherine

« Reply #779 on: October 23, 2023, 07:36:23 PM »

Thanks ladies for your kind replies. I’m going to start filming people when they are blatantly rude or abusive as I think that is the only likely deterrent. Standing up for yourself seems to result in it just escalating so I need to do something more. There’s mixed info online about filming but I’m going to do it anyway. I really appreciate all your replies.

Just to add I like dogs and I know most dog owners are responsible, it just feels like a lot of dog owners see you as fair game with no personal space when you’re on the beach
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 07:46:57 PM by Katherine »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 78