Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Upset  (Read 2509 times)

Vicky81

Re: Upset
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2022, 05:02:42 PM »

Oh thanks joziel- so always best to have the combined pill?

joziel

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2022, 09:00:25 PM »

It's more that, now you are peri-menopausal (or heading there) you are going to be dealing with low estrogen.

There are two combined pills which use body identical estrogen - the Zoely you're on and Qlaira.

If you don't go for either of those, there is HRT. Which can be more flexible because you can dial up and down the estrogen to suit what you need/want (as long as you don't go for an oral HRT where it's more fixed) but HRT isn't going to give you birth control, if that's what you want...

Vicky81

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2022, 04:39:48 AM »

Ok thanks so much xxx

Vicky81

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2022, 05:24:36 AM »

Joziel- could I ask....is the conventional  pill like marvelon,, microgynon30, mercilion not advised for peri?
As my friends mum (who i know very well) has used microgynon 30 for years (she is 49 now), and absolutely swears by it...says it changed her life.  Her GP even said he's prepared to keep her on it as her mood swings were that bad she was going to take her own life xxx

joziel

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2022, 09:46:08 AM »

If women are already on the combined pill, and it's suiting them, then why change (until you get to 50, when really you will be changed by your doctor).

The only difference between Zoely/Qlaira and other combined pills, is that they use body identical estrogen.

By the way, you don't need to message me to tell me you have replied here. Everyone gets a notification at the top of the forum to tell them of any new replies.

sheila99

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2022, 10:25:04 AM »

By the way, you don't need to message me to tell me you have replied here. Everyone gets a notification at the top of the forum to tell them of any new replies.
I may be missing something here. Is there a setting I've missed? It tells me if there's a new pm but not if there's been a reply to a post. Apart from 'show new replies to your posts' but that just shows replies on a thread I've commented on rather than a reply to my specific post.

Vicky81

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2022, 11:00:41 AM »

Hi both .....yes I'm confused too...sorry joziel I didn't realise as I've never seen this before sane as Sheila......

joziel

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2022, 01:39:10 PM »

At the top left of every page are two links:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

You can click on either of those for a list of posts people have replied to.

Vicky81

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2022, 03:32:51 PM »

Oh right....cheers!
Pages: 1 2 [3]