Author Topic: Upset  (Read 2510 times)

Vicky81

Re: Upset
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2022, 04:13:26 PM »

Sorry - on it for 14 days

Nas

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2022, 04:19:58 PM »

No, I meant come off the hormonal tablets and stick with the anti depressants.

When I get jittery and anxious, it usually means my hormones aren’t balanced.

It’s a minefield to be honest.

Hope you feel better soon🤞

Vicky81

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2022, 04:25:33 PM »

Thanks nas.
I was thinking that it could have been down to the marvelon as its really high in oestrogen and progesterone.  The jitters came the day after I started it , also got covid the exac6dame day. I continued on with the marvelon until the sat and on the Sunday I went back on zoely as I thought it was the marvelon perhaps too high 4 me??
Now I'm wondering whether I'm getting these symptoms as I've come off one and changed to a lower dose one (zoely) and maybe it takes time to settle??

Nas

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2022, 04:39:59 PM »

Could be that your body isn’t settled yet. The only way to know, is to give a product at least 3 months, then evaluate.

I think it is common when you switch product and dose, to experience these feelings, to be honest, especially when you go from a high dose to a lower one.

Vicky81

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2022, 04:47:19 PM »

Oh really?? Wow I feel a bit better now...because if I come off zoely now ...my hormones are gunna worse I guess?
You are so knowledgeable nas just like all the ladies on here...that's why I turn to you guys so much as I'm relatively new to all this carry on! Symptoms to look for etc.
I am thinking I shoukd stay on zoely.....what do you think in all honest? Xxx

Vicky81

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2022, 04:53:59 PM »

I read back on here a girl called briony tried marvelon...she documented it and was saying she felt jittery more anxious....and a lady put back that this sounds like too much oestrogen....that's exactly how I've been feeling

Vicky81

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2022, 05:43:47 PM »

Just to add in I've also been experiencing some womb aches since the switch

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2022, 06:23:55 PM »

Your GP is well behind the times. Why does that not surprise me.  Early on women suffering with Covid were reporting bleeds where they had been period free for several years.

Treat this like a virus. It runs it's course.  Viruses make the body kick in which can deplete energy.  Keep hydrated.  Take pain relief when necessary.  Rest.

Vicky81

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2022, 06:29:38 PM »

Awww thank you CLKD....means alot xxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2022, 06:32:24 PM »

What do you propose to do ...........

Nas

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2022, 06:48:48 PM »

Too much oestrogen is as bad as too little Vicky.

Just stick with the zoely for the time being. Don’t be tempted to change drug at all. Even if you feel rough, try and ride the storm. Remember you are peri menopause.., you still have oestrogen floating about.

Let the body settle into a pattern.

Vicky81

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2022, 07:01:39 PM »

Thanks nas I will....have a good evening! Xxx

Justyna1970

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2022, 06:42:43 AM »

Hi Vicky xx

Hope you are feeling better today

Lots of love
Justyna xx

Vicky81

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2022, 09:58:44 AM »

Hi justyna

Erm...about the same really. Tired and still feeling a bit of physical anxiety.
I'm hoping zoely works I'm prepared to give it a few months to see....which pill to choose after that I'm thinking of cerelle....its progesterone only and I used it in 2016 with no issues at all...only thing is I'm unsure if its right for peri fluctuations?

joziel

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2022, 02:17:47 PM »

Stick to the Zoely and give it a full 3 months and see where you are at.

You can't find someone who had more jitters, heart palpitations and anxiety than me starting on estrogen (seeing I ended up in A&E!) and mine are now MUCH better. Although not totally gone. I am 6wks into 62.5.

I've used Cerelle (desogestrel) for 9 years before starting HRT and I'm still on it now - at the same time as HRT. It's not going to give you any estrogen or help your peri symptoms, if anything it may make things worse taken alone because it suppresses the estrogen coming from your own ovaries to the early follicular phase (v low). It's the reason I think I was hit so hard and so suddenly with my peri symptoms - it reduced the estrogen I was getting from my own body even more than peri itself does.
Pages: 1 [2] 3