Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Mirena coil - bleeding a year later  (Read 890 times)

MrsM

• First Flush
Mirena coil - bleeding a year later
« on: May 12, 2022, 07:46:39 AM »

Hi everyone
I had my ovaries and Fallopian tubes removed may 2021 due to ovarian cysts. At the same time I had my uterus scraped, biopsies, Mirena coil fitted and Oestrogen gel prescribed.
I’m 50 so was peri menopausal prior to this with increasingly heavy, erratic periods. I was glad to no longer be faced with this.
However, I bled for several months after the coil which I understood to be normal. It settled but now the last few months I’m getting light bleeding sometimes pink, sometimes brown.
I spoke to a locum GP who freaked me out. She said she’d refer under the 2 week rule for scan and biopsies. She then contacted me to say the guidelines state stop HRT for 6 weeks then refer if still bleeding. She asked to see me for an examination. I freaked again as why say 2 week referral then say wait 6 weeks and I didn’t want to stop HRT. I insisted on seeing her as an urgent appointment. I asked again but she was clear that’s the guidelines. Stated I might be fine without oestrogen and recommended black kobosh? The examination showed an ectropian which could be the cause of bleeding.
This all impacted my MH and I’m a full time parent/carer. I completed an online consultation to request another GP call. This GP is writing to Gynae to ask if they’ll see me without stopping oestrogen. I want this bleeding  investigated now and I don’t want the side effects of stopping oestrogen abruptly. I’m wishing I’d had a hysterectomy now but was never offered this.  Please has anyone else been through similar.