Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lenzetto  (Read 3182 times)

Pippa52

Lenzetto
« on: August 19, 2021, 03:32:15 PM »

Hi lovely ladies

I recently changed from Oestrogel to Lenzetto on the advice of a Menopause Consultant and have found it to be literally life changing. I feel so much better even after only 19 days of being on it. I was just wondering how many other ladies on here are using Lenzetto and whether they have found it to be equally good.  Also love it's ease of use.  Would be really interested to hear from others who are using Lenzetto and what their experience of it has been.  Thanks so much xxx

appey

Re: Lenzetto
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 05:29:14 PM »

What were your issues with oestrogel?
Ive been on it 2 weeks now with daily utrogestan and, although initially promising, I’ve had raised resting heart rate this week and horrid palpitations today and am wondering if the oestrogel is causing that.
I’ve not heard of Lenzetto before- can you get it on the nhs?

monicap

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 05:38:49 PM »

Hi Pippa, the improvement you've seen with Lenzetto could be down to dosage. Seem to remember that though two pumps of Oestrogel are roughly equal to 1 spray of Lenzetto. You actually get a bit more with the Lenzetto. Could also just be that you absorb the oestrogen better with Lenzetto.

I found it very easy to use too. No mess and dries quickly. Unfortunately I had to stop because I had an allergic reaction. Still trying to find a form of transdermal oestrogen that doesn't irritate my skin. Don't let me put you off, if you're reading. I'm an unusual case.

Appey, I was prescribed it on the NHS. Not my GP, but by a gyna he referred me to and only after trying other formulations. I directly asked my GP if I could try Lenzetto and he told me he himself couldn't prescribe it. He'd have to refer me. I wasn't given a reason, but I assumed it was more expensive...

https://www.menopausedoctor.co.uk/menopause/hrt-the-different-ingredients-brands-and-strengths-available

appey

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 05:46:33 PM »

Thanks Monicap
I probably need to give the oestrogel a bit longer but have been struggling mentally this week over my heart rate

monicap

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 05:53:35 PM »

Thanks Monicap
I probably need to give the oestrogel a bit longer but have been struggling mentally this week over my heart rate

It's really tricky Appey. I've had it myself in the past. In my case I think it was stress and anxiety related.

EllaAurora

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2021, 06:01:36 PM »

Hi lovely ladies

I recently changed from Oestrogel to Lenzetto on the advice of a Menopause Consultant and have found it to be literally life changing. I feel so much better even after only 19 days of being on it. I was just wondering how many other ladies on here are using Lenzetto and whether they have found it to be equally good.  Also love it's ease of use.  Would be really interested to hear from others who are using Lenzetto and what their experience of it has been.  Thanks so much xxx

Hi Pippa, glad to hear you're feeling so good with Lenzetto!
Very interesting to hear your experience, as I'm also considering to give Lenzetto a try unless I find a balance with Estrogel within the next couple of weeks. Gynae already prescribed tablets as a backup, which I can start if I don't feel better soon (have been struggling for months). Now I'm thinking that maybe it would still be worth trying Lenzetto before giving up on transdermal altogether.

Pippa52

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2021, 06:31:35 PM »

Hi Appey

Re Oestrogel I was on it for over 20 years but then they slightly changed the formulation and it made me very unwell. I felt incredibly anxious and panicky with a bad headache, fatigue, chills, insomnia and nausea and yes I did get palpitations and tachycardia in fact was rushed in to A&E twice where they did an ECG and various tests. Heart came back ok and since I have been on Lenzetto I have had no more fast heart beats so my GP did put it down to the Oestrogel in my particular case....I did try and stay on the Oestrogel - I tried varying the dose several times as I had been on it so long before but sadly the new type just did not suit me whereas Lenzetto has been brilliant. I am sure Oestrogel suits many people - its just a matter of finding out what suits each individual the best x

Pippa52

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2021, 07:31:08 PM »

EllaAurora
Definitely worth giving Lenzetto a try x

Scampidoodle

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2021, 07:36:31 PM »

It’s interesting as the effects you got from the new oestrogel exactly mirror the effects I got from Oestrodose having been on oestrogel. Literally all those effects within two days of starting it. I know the majority find no difference whatsoever.  I do wonder if some people are just incredibly sensitive to very small changes. As you said you often got side effects with medications as do I. I’m glad lenzetto is working well for you, that’s great news!

Floo36

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2021, 06:57:18 AM »

Lenzetto does appear to be weaker but it all depends how you absorb.  I looked at studies of all the transdermal and also contacted the manufacturers and spoke with my menopause doctor about it.  If it works then stick with it.  We are all so different. 

Gilla999

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2021, 07:02:49 AM »

Pippa you know my story already, but just chiming in here - Lenzetto has quite literally saved my life. I tried Estradot at first, but stopped it because it wasn't working - I admittedly didn't give it very long though. Lenzetto worked for me pretty much straight away. xx

appey

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2021, 08:38:41 AM »

Thanks Pippa and everyone for your information. I had such a bad evening and night with palpitations and have felt so wired and ‘drugged’ this week, that I’ve not applied the oestrogel this morning. Not sure what to do next. I’ve not been right since my second covid jab, with sledgehammer fatigue being the main symptom I’m trying to sort. I’ve always had issues with palpitations so knew they would rear their head too at some point. I’ve had a heart monitor for a week recently so know all is fine there.

VictoryV

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2021, 09:04:55 AM »

Appey
I was offered Lenzetto by my NHS GP. I opted for the gel as at the time I knew nothing about the menopause or HRT.
V☀️

appey

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2021, 09:31:57 AM »

Thank you

Pippa52

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2021, 10:10:53 AM »

Appey - so sorry you are not feeling good and I totally understand about feeling wired.  It actually also took me 12 weeks to get over the after effects of my second Pfizer  Covid vaccination so you are not alone in that xx
Pages: [1] 2