Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Confused! Evorel Sequi HRT patches for perimenopause  (Read 25016 times)

Mogster71

Re: Confused! Evorel Sequi HRT patches for perimenopause
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2021, 06:44:33 PM »

@Periwhat

Thank you for your kind words, I have gone from a relative sloth in the last year to now "needing" to do something most days. I got my HRT dose and lockdown happened at almost the same time last year, I say that lockdown gave me the opportunity and HRT gave me the energy and kick up the bum!

Let us know how you get on with this new combo, keeping everything crossed for you x

Cookie25

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2021, 09:23:34 PM »

Hi Ladies,
I'm enjoying following your progress, thank you for sharing x
I'm nearing the end of my second month of everol sequi, but I am only on half patches. I'm also using vagifem which is great.

Can't say I'm feeling any better yet, my exhaustion and lack of sleep continues along with the brain fog. I feel weight is still going on and my feet and legs still burn at night. I'd never had flushes, so nothing to report there.
Hoping I might feel improvement soon and I'd love a Duracell feeling please!!!!!
Xxxxx

PeriWhat?!

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2021, 07:54:47 AM »

I hope you do too, Cookie25. Are you on half patches until the three-month review?

Cookie25

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2021, 04:59:23 AM »

Hi PeriWhat?!

Yes I was just to try half until my review. No date yet but should be mid/end June.

Xxx

PeriWhat?!

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2021, 10:04:09 AM »

HRT month #4: I now have Evorel 50 oestrogen patches to use all the time and Utrogestan tablets to use in the last two weeks of every cycle.

The doctor's instructions on the pack say to take the Utrogestan twice a day for 14 days, but the instructions on the leaflet say to take it twice a day for 12 days - which one do I go with?!

I'm inclined to go with 12 days as per the leaflet, and I think most of the advice online, as this prescription came from a remote phone consultation with a nurse, and they got a GP to sign a prescription. So the GP's involvement was minimal. WWYD.

sheila99

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2021, 02:34:18 PM »

It's normally 12 days for utrogeston (days 15-26). If you were solely on patches you'd use the conti patches for 14 days so perhaps that's why he got confused. Twice a day isn't normal either but I don't suppose it makes much difference. Most people take at night as it can make you drowsy.

NicolaJ

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2021, 03:12:13 PM »

Hi, I’ve been following this thread with interest. I am half way through my second box of Evorel Sequi having moved over from Femeston 1/10. The main reason I changed was due to bloating. This appeared fine the first month but I’m now finding the conti patches are kicking in quite quickly with bloating and I’ve had some PMT style cramping. I have a review this week as Gp is keeping an eye on the bloating. I’m tempted to try Utogestan and have heard vaginally they are more successful for bloating. Anyone any thoughts? This whole thing is such a conundrum x

PeriWhat?!

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2021, 04:12:37 PM »

It's normally 12 days for utrogeston (days 15-26). If you were solely on patches you'd use the conti patches for 14 days so perhaps that's why he got confused. Twice a day isn't normal either but I don't suppose it makes much difference. Most people take at night as it can make you drowsy.

I wondered about that, thanks @sheila99
It says on the leaflet to take 100mg twice a day on an empty stomach, as food and the Utrogestan can cause drowsiness, apparently. If they cause drowsiness, I'm tempted to take them both at night to see if they help my sleep. :)

PeriWhat?!

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2021, 04:25:19 PM »

Hi, I’ve been following this thread with interest. I am half way through my second box of Evorel Sequi having moved over from Femeston 1/10. The main reason I changed was due to bloating. This appeared fine the first month but I’m now finding the conti patches are kicking in quite quickly with bloating and I’ve had some PMT style cramping. I have a review this week as Gp is keeping an eye on the bloating. I’m tempted to try Utogestan and have heard vaginally they are more successful for bloating. Anyone any thoughts? This whole thing is such a conundrum x

I'm sure someone will be along soon who has experience of this, who can offer proper advice. Everyone seems to agree on the 3-month trial rule though.

FWIW, I didn't get bloating during my 3-month trial of Evorel Sequi, and the bleed was very different each time, but my mood swings stayed consistently wild, hence me switching to try Evorel 50 and Utrogestan oral tablets. I hope it settles down for you soon, the whole long process of trial and error can be very frustrating.

PeriWhat?!

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2021, 10:40:07 AM »

Update: Nearing the end of month 4 of HRT, day 7 of my first lot of the Utrogestan tablets.

I noticed no difference for the first few days of Utrogestan, then the familiar mood swings started - angry, irritable, stressed, despondent, waves of hopelessness -  and - this one is new to me - crying! For no reason!!! Literally crying over nothing.  :o

I guess this is early days on the new Evorel 50/Utrogestan regime, so I'll stick with it.

Sorry if these updates are really boring, I'm finding it easier to keep track of my symptoms on here than on the apps and I really appreciate everyone who comes on comments with their own experience and advice. This forum is a bit of a godsend.

Cookie25

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2021, 09:06:39 PM »

Hello Ladies

A wee update from me.
I'm almost half way through my third month of Everol Sequi. The bloating keeps coming back and the weight I felt I lost last month is back on.

I had a couple of rough weeks after my AstraZenica so hard to tell how things were then.

I do feel my moods are perhaps a bit more stable and I feel slightly more positive and motivated - so I'll be pleased if that keeps improving.

Early morning cortisol is worse, sleep is much the same, sexual response IS WORSE and hot feet and legs the same. Brain fog and exhaustion are much the same as is my desire to retire at 46! I.e. now!

Any advice? I have my review on 23rd Jun.

Thanks
C
Xxxxx

Cookie25

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2021, 08:45:42 PM »

Update: Nearing the end of month 4 of HRT, day 7 of my first lot of the Utrogestan tablets.

I noticed no difference for the first few days of Utrogestan, then the familiar mood swings started - angry, irritable, stressed, despondent, waves of hopelessness -  and - this one is new to me - crying! For no reason!!! Literally crying over nothing.  :o

I guess this is early days on the new Evorel 50/Utrogestan regime, so I'll stick with it.

Sorry if these updates are really boring, I'm finding it easier to keep track of my symptoms on here than on the apps and I really appreciate everyone who comes on comments with their own experience and advice. This forum is a bit of a godsend.

Hi Periwhat?!
How are you this week? Xxx

PeriWhat?!

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2021, 01:30:06 PM »

Hi Periwhat?!

I'm feeling a *lot* better emotionally this week, thanks for asking, Cookie25.

I'm still not quite at the end of month#4 yet, but it does seem (touch wood) as though there may be fewer bad days in the cycle overall with Evorel 50/Utrogestan than I had with Evorel Sequi. And definitely definitely fewer bad days than with no HRT at all as my periods were frequent and unpredictable and then AWOL, which made me feel like the mood swings and other symptoms were harder to deal with. It also made them harder to identify.

So on balance there's more good than bad so far. I just wish there was a magic wand to make everything ok all at the same time!

How are you doing this week? xx

Kathleen

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2021, 03:37:13 PM »

Hello ladies.

PeriWhat? -   Your description of mood swings resonated with me so much so that I could have written your post!

I take it that your moods were a problem before HRT but despite the Utrogestan you are now seeing some improvement? 

From what you've said (and your user name lol) I assume that you are still in peri menopause and I find it interesting  that we are dealing with similar emotional difficulties despite being at opposite ends of this blooming journey ( I am sixty four and it's been eleven years since my last period. I didn't use HRT for the first three years
 but I have been experimenting with different methods ever since. I came off all HRT in July 2019 but I contacted Newson Health and started using Oestrogel, Utrogestan six months ago. I now have testosterone to add to the mix).

I am speaking with my doctor next week and reading your post has reassured me that mood issues are definitely part of the process for some of us and hopefully they will soon be defeated by our HRT!

Wishing you well.

K.

Cookie25

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2021, 08:59:47 PM »

Hi Periwhat?!

I'm feeling a *lot* better emotionally this week, thanks for asking, Cookie25.

I'm still not quite at the end of month#4 yet, but it does seem (touch wood) as though there may be fewer bad days in the cycle overall with Evorel 50/Utrogestan than I had with Evorel Sequi. And definitely definitely fewer bad days than with no HRT at all as my periods were frequent and unpredictable and then AWOL, which made me feel like the mood swings and other symptoms were harder to deal with. It also made them harder to identify.

So on balance there's more good than bad so far. I just wish there was a magic wand to make everything ok all at the same time!

How are you doing this week? xx

Hi PeriWhat?!

Glad to hear you're doing a bit better. Hopefully things keep improving for you  :-*

This is a bad week with the worst bloating I've had so far. My tummy is really protruding and my digestive system has been uncomfortable all week too. I'm also in that mood where I'm ok unless someone pushes my buttons and if that was to go too far I'd be in meltdown mode. I'm on my second half of the pack with a week to go. I have my review on 23rd so am keen to hear what is suggested xxx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8