Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hormone blood test result - Dr Studd's clinic  (Read 2547 times)

Vicky81

Hormone blood test result - Dr Studd's clinic
« on: March 09, 2022, 09:49:00 AM »

Hi all,

I feel a bit frustrated at the mo. I had the basic FSH blood test at the GP surgery on 31st December - all normal.

I have been on 4 pumps Oestrogel with Testosterone gel for 15 days today. I had a blood test at Dr Studd's clinic (where i am under the care of DR Watson) and paid for this as i was eager to see what the results would be, and to have an idea if i am low on anything.

The blood test was done on Friday just gone, and had a call from Dr Watson this morning to say all is normal apart from testosterone - slightly high range so to ensure i am only using a pea sized amount. I just feel a bit down as i was hoping they were going to say - yes your oestrogen is low (i am having anxiety as my main symptom) so i just wondering why this is normal?

the checklist of symptoms i ticked were basically ALL of them - night sweats/anxiety/crying all time/moody/irrational....i am 41 just turned.

Any advice would be great xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hormone blood test result - Dr Studd's clinic
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 11:51:37 AM »

Which thread would you like members to follow  :-\

A pea-size of testosterone is appropriate at this stage.  What other HRT are you using?

U could look at the Newsom web-site to see what Dr Louise suggests ;-)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 11:53:34 AM by CLKD »

ATB

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 09:12:20 AM »

So you’ve only been doing this 15 days? It takes about 3 months usually for things to be right and even then you might need to tweak doses. So you started on both estrogen gel and testosterone?? Straight away? And was 4 pumps a starting dose for you or an increase? That’s a lot to start with and to start testosterone at the same time I’m not sure is usual? My doctor waited till I had been on my HRT about 3-4 months before blood tests and the main test she was looking at was the ADI or free testosterone. It’s going to be awhile before your symptoms settle.

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 12:49:23 PM »

Hi ATB
Yes he started me on 3 pumps with testim. Saud I could go up to 4 after two weeks which I did.

Thanks 4 the advice hun...xxx

Postmeno3

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 02:34:34 PM »

Oestrogen and testosterone are generally not compatible as an initial treatment together as far as I understand. They compromise each other. I would contact them again for greater clarification and reassurance.

Vicky81

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 06:18:57 PM »

Oh ok...thanks hun. Where did you hear this?, just so I know xx

Postmeno3

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2022, 07:05:05 PM »

It's mentioned a lot on here and tends to be why people have a period of oestrogen first so that the conversion is less likely to happen. I think even the Newson Clinic has a three month period on oestrogen first. Someone may be along with a link for you, hopefully! 🤞

Vicky81

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2022, 09:24:01 PM »

Oh right ok....hmmmm I did go to dr studd clinic so thought they would know?? Xx

Marchlove

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2022, 10:32:05 PM »

Unfortunately I went there as well and was given the same advice, suffice to say it didn’t work. I don’t think they are the appropriate place to go to, we’ll at least in my experience.
I wonder it other members have had a similar experience? xx

Louise2010

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2022, 08:56:03 AM »

I saw Dr Beverly Benster at the Studd Clinic who was really understanding and I felt listened to. Unfortunately she apparently has left despite her still being on the website as working there. Have no knowledge about the other practitioners there.
I know we’ve pm’d Vicky81 but I would say I was on oestrogel and utrogestan for a while before testosterone was introduced much later when my symptoms were brain fog and extreme fatigue. It really helped me then.
In the beginning of taking hrt in my 40s I also moved from 4 pumps to 2 pumps after a couple of weeks as on 4 I was agitated and obviously didn’t need as much.
Recently I have cut back on the testosterone and that has improved my recent anxiety. I listened to a podcast with Louise Newson and another doctor discussing testosterone recently too which is worth a listen. Maybe try stopping the testosterone for a little while and see if things improve? It’s your body and you know it best perhaps it’s just a little overwhelmed and needs slightly less hormones? All the best.

Vicky81

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2022, 12:21:23 PM »

Aahh ok what did the podcast say?

Louise2010

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2022, 01:03:39 PM »

God too much to list here! You’re better off listening to it. But one thing was that testosterone should be introduced after a period of time on oestrogen & progesterone first, not taken  all in one go.