Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: 200mg conti utrogestan not controlling bleeding or discharge  (Read 17655 times)

Uptick

Re: 200mg conti utrogestan not controlling bleeding or discharge
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2020, 06:19:24 PM »

That's good regarding smears, I need one asap  ::) Sore vagina could be due to lowering estradiol? Cervical bleeding could be a polyp, but I guess you have already had a hysteroscopy and no polyps have been found, right?

Dandelion

« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2020, 06:22:26 PM »

That's good regarding smears, I need one asap  ::) Sore vagina could be due to lowering estradiol? Cervical bleeding could be a polyp, but I guess you have already had a hysteroscopy and no polyps have been found, right?
The hysteroscopy in January 2019 found nothing.
If my oestradiol is lowering why the bleeding?
I thought the bleeding was due to high estradiol?
It would have made sense if I was bleeding 75mg valium but not on 29mg, nearly 2 thirds of the 75mg dose lower.

Joaniepat

« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2020, 07:04:30 PM »

Sorry, I should have known that scientific articles would trigger more anxiety. Same with Dr. Google. I think you have to find a doctor who can help you, someone who listens to you and can earn your trust. I'm a microbiologist, but I didn't know much about menopause before I had my own perimenopause journey, tbh!
It's still nice to be talking to you.
Sadly in our surgery, we don't get the choice of which doctors we see.
I have noticed my vagina feels a bit sore, like it's chapped but it isn't. It's not a great trouble, I can live with it thankfully. Maybe its not the womb that is bleeding maybe its the cervix.
I AM up to date with smears thankfully though.
It sounds like you have VA. Are you using anything for this, such as Vagifem or Ovestin?
JP x

Dandelion

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2020, 08:03:50 PM »

Sorry, I should have known that scientific articles would trigger more anxiety. Same with Dr. Google. I think you have to find a doctor who can help you, someone who listens to you and can earn your trust. I'm a microbiologist, but I didn't know much about menopause before I had my own perimenopause journey, tbh!
It's still nice to be talking to you.
Sadly in our surgery, we don't get the choice of which doctors we see.
I have noticed my vagina feels a bit sore, like it's chapped but it isn't. It's not a great trouble, I can live with it thankfully. Maybe its not the womb that is bleeding maybe its the cervix.
I AM up to date with smears thankfully though.
It sounds like you have VA. Are you using anything for this, such as Vagifem or Ovestin?
JP x
No, it's not that bothersome, I started meno at 42 years of age, think I am through worst of flushes, so been lucky with vaginal atrophy. It's only intermittent, some days I don't feel it.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2020, 01:18:13 PM »

Hi Dandelion, do you mean you have started PERIMENOPAUSE at 42 or menopause (12 months without a period)?

Dandelion

« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2020, 01:50:04 PM »

Hi Dandelion, do you mean you have started PERIMENOPAUSE at 42 or menopause (12 months without a period)?
I started per at 42, didnt start hrt till 47 still in peri.
Bleeding worse today, nice bright red teenage blood with clots.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2020, 01:54:58 PM »

So sorry to hear that, Dandelion. How long are you going to wait until you book an appointment?

If you have started HRT at 47 when you were still in peri, how can you tell you're post menopause?

Dandelion

« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2020, 01:58:04 PM »

So sorry to hear that, Dandelion. How long are you going to wait until you book an appointment?

If you have started HRT at 47 when you were still in peri, how can you tell you're post menopause?
I'm 54 so I am post meno.
You know I said I had other serious problems non medical, well they have been added to today.
Not going to the GP for the foreseeable future, they rush too much, case too complex, don't get to see the same GP or a choice in who I see.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2020, 02:03:39 PM »

I don't think you can say you're post menopause solely based on age. Some women are still having periods at this age. If you have been on HRT this whole time you can't know if you are post menopause. Maybe that's why you're having unscheduled bleeding, maybe your own hormones are fluctuating because you're about to transition to menopause.

Dandelion

« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2020, 02:07:06 PM »

I don't think you can say you're post menopause solely based on age. Some women are still having periods at this age. If you have been on HRT this whole time you can't know if you are post menopause. Maybe that's why you're having unscheduled bleeding, maybe your own hormones are fluctuating because you're about to transition to menopause.
I'm pretty sure the NHS say by the age of 54 you are classed as post meno, it may even be on here.
This is a loooooooooong period.
Every day I hope to see a plain pad with nothing on, then I can stop wearing them, but I don't want to ruin knickers.
Things were ok no bleeding on hrt for 3 years until I started daily utro due to valium cross tolerance. Even increasing the utro and decreasing the oestadiol no avail.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2020, 02:12:34 PM »

This is just an average age of menopause, it doesn't mean all women will be post menopause at age 54. My mother was still having normal periods at 56!

Unscheduled bleeding has nothing to do with Valium cross tolerance with progesterone. You have to focus on the cause of bleeding. I think you are not postmenopause.

Dandelion

« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2020, 02:24:37 PM »

This is just an average age of menopause, it doesn't mean all women will be post menopause at age 54. My mother was still having normal periods at 56!

Unscheduled bleeding has nothing to do with Valium cross tolerance with progesterone. You have to focus on the cause of bleeding. I think you are not postmenopause.
You might be right re post menopause, I started my periods when I was nearly 13
I had no problems at all, teenage period pain, no biggy.
It all started 6 moths after daily progesterone.
I'm gobbling one 100mg utro, shoving another 100mg utro up my chuff and this bleeding is still not letting up.
I had another stressor today.
The thought of going to the doctors is just making me feel triggered.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2020, 02:45:26 PM »

I'm sorry you're having so many problems.
Can I ask you why one oral and one vaginal Utrogestan?

Dandelion

« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2020, 02:51:00 PM »

I'm sorry you're having so many problems.
Can I ask you why one oral and one vaginal Utrogestan?
I was taking sequential 200mg oral progesterone and a while after I became addicted to valium I wondered why I was going nuts on the days I wasn't having the progesterone.
Possible violent autistic meltdowns - this is when I found out about cross tolerance.
I then went on 100mg daily prog as I didn't think my doc would let me, and even my psych nurse said I Was more stable. No problems for 6 or 7 months until blood started appearing in June 18.
Plucked up courage at end of that year to see doc and gynaecologist in Jan 19 for hysteroscopy and no cancer or other problems.
After talking to Dr Currie, not wanting to take oral prog due to first pass liver, she suggested asking them if I could take an extra 100mg vaginal.
All went well with this till June 19, GP reduced patch from 100mcg to 75mcg
All went well until end 2019, clots massive bleeding long periods intermittently.
This discharge and periods have been going on 2 months.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2020, 06:59:45 PM »

Thank you, can I ask when do you take the oral and the vaginal Utrogestan? And when to you spread Oestrogel?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11