Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: 200mg conti utrogestan not controlling bleeding or discharge  (Read 17653 times)

Dandelion

Re: 200mg conti utrogestan not controlling bleeding or discharge
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2020, 02:14:16 PM »

That's good, I don't know if stress, anxiety, depression can influence endometrium and bleeding when you're on HRT, but I'm sure they can influence our ovaries. Maybe you still have ovary function, I certainly can tell that mine are still cycling somehow, albeit with very low levels of hormones. I'm 4 years postmenopause and I can feel small surges of energy, libido and general well being. Have your ovaries been seen during scan?
The lady who did the trans vaginal ultrasound scan had real difficulty finding one ovary.
I am now wondering if it was hidden by blood because I have been told my cervix is stenosed and I know that if postmenopausal women continue to bleed and there is nowhere for the blood to go, it can cause endometriosis, and I wonder if stray blood was hiding that ovary that she had difficulty finding.

Uptick

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2020, 03:15:48 PM »

Hmm... I don't think clotted blood would be enough to cause endometriosis, but everything is possible. The only way to know if your continuous bleeding is due to endometriosis is try one of the treatments, because oestrogen will keep feeding the endometrium. Are you willing to try one of them? (Coil excluded, of course) https://www.endometriosis-uk.org/hormone-treatments-endometriosis

Have you ever had any trauma, surgery, infection or cysts on cervix? Or is the stenosis due to menopause atrophy? Have you ever had pregnancies? I think one of the treatments for cervix stenosis is hysteroscopic shaving, so maybe hysteroscopy is going to be a good thing for you. Tell them you need GA, you're a special case.

Dandelion

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2020, 04:07:03 PM »

Hmm... I don't think clotted blood would be enough to cause endometriosis, but everything is possible. The only way to know if your continuous bleeding is due to endometriosis is try one of the treatments, because oestrogen will keep feeding the endometrium. Are you willing to try one of them? (Coil excluded, of course) https://www.endometriosis-uk.org/hormone-treatments-endometriosis

Have you ever had any trauma, surgery, infection or cysts on cervix? Or is the stenosis due to menopause atrophy? Have you ever had pregnancies? I think one of the treatments for cervix stenosis is hysteroscopic shaving, so maybe hysteroscopy is going to be a good thing for you. Tell them you need GA, you're a special case.
I looked up endometriosis treatments and can't take them they will mess up my GABA receptors.
To save you scrolling I am a valium addict, progesterone is cross tolerant and messig my progesterone will seriously mess me up in a big way.
No cervix trauma.
Gynae said stenosis is due to meno
No pregnancies.
Hysteroscopic shaving sounds agony.
Thanks for post

Uptick

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2020, 04:15:09 PM »

Thanks, I've already read your previous posts. You could try gonadotrophin releasing hormone analogues or testosterone derived drugs for endometriosis. They could even be more powerful for modulating GABA than progesterone.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnins.2014.00387/full
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 04:21:13 PM by Uptick »

Dandelion

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2020, 04:18:16 PM »

Thanks, I've already read your previous posts. You could try gonadotrophin releasing hormone analogues or testosterone derived drugs for endometriosis. They could even be more powerful for modulating GABA then progesterone.

Hi Uptick
Thanks for fishing out links. I can't change my regime at all, or my endocrine system. It would be like increasing or decreasing valium. I am slowly coming off it. I have just been to the loo and more blood is there, I just want my womb to grow up and realise its 54 years old not some 14 year old with irregular or permanent periods.

Uptick

« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2020, 04:27:34 PM »

Thanks, I've already read your previous posts. You could try gonadotrophin releasing hormone analogues or testosterone derived drugs for endometriosis. They could even be more powerful for modulating GABA then progesterone.

Hi Uptick
Thanks for fishing out links. I can't change my regime at all, or my endocrine system. It would be like increasing or decreasing valium. I am slowly coming off it. I have just been to the loo and more blood is there, I just want my womb to grow up and realise its 54 years old not some 14 year old with irregular or permanent periods.
I see... but unfortunately your womb won't grow up and realise anything. You (and hopefully your doctor) have to know what's causing the bleeding. Could Valium be the cause? It can cause unusual bleeding and bruising.

Dandelion

« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2020, 04:30:36 PM »

Hi Uptick
I see... but unfortunately your womb won't grow up and realise anything. You (and hopefully your doctor) have to know what's causing the bleeding. Could Valium be the cause? It can cause unusual bleeding and bruising.
I don't know if valium can cause unusual bleeding and bruising.
I have a lot of major worries that are non meno related but very serious, I just cant be doing with seeing red on a pad that I shouldn't even be needing to wear anyway.

Uptick

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2020, 04:48:02 PM »

I understand, it's all very distressing. I won't insist on discussing it, because I can feel you're not in a good place right now and I won't be adding to your stress. That said, I have read a lot about hormones and one thing might be interesting to you. Benzodiazepines can theoretically induce hepatic microsomal enzymes which can decrease the bioavailability of both oestrogen and progesterone so maybe you have to consider increasing HRT dose under the supervision of your doctors. Good luck and keep us posted.

Dandelion

« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2020, 05:12:56 PM »

I understand, it's all very distressing. I won't insist on discussing it, because I can feel you're not in a good place right now and I won't be adding to your stress. That said, I have read a lot about hormones and one thing might be interesting to you. Benzodiazepines can theoretically induce hepatic microsomal enzymes which can decrease the bioavailability of both oestrogen and progesterone so maybe you have to consider increasing HRT dose under the supervision of your doctors. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks Uptick for posting x
Reading about how Benzes upset hormones just adds worry, I am on a much much smaller dose yet the bleeding is increasing.

Uptick

« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2020, 05:31:21 PM »

Maybe you need to increase the dose to stop the bleeding, that was my point. Benzos decrease oestrogen and progesterone bioavailability.

Dandelion

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2020, 05:33:32 PM »

Maybe you need to increase the dose to stop the bleeding, that was my point. Benzos decrease oestrogen and progesterone bioavailability.
I was on 75mg valium, now only on 29mg, while I am thankful to you, increasing the progesterone would be like taking a big increase in the valium as the metabolite of progesterone is cross tolerant to valium.

Uptick

« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2020, 05:51:42 PM »

Well done, benzos withdrawal is not an easy task. Cross tolerance is a very complex mechanism, it's not straightforward as you might think. Different neurons react to GABA and progesterone in different ways. You need a good mental health team to support you through your menopause transition and HRT regime.

Dandelion

« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2020, 05:55:11 PM »

Well done, benzos withdrawal is not an easy task. Cross tolerance is a very complex mechanism, it's not straightforward as you might think. Different neurons react to GABA and progesterone in different ways. You need a good mental health team to support you through your menopause transition and HRT regime.
Hi Uptick
It's great to have you post on my thread, you sound knowledgeable, where do you get all of your knowledge?
Do you work in the field?
Sadly, my mental health team don't have the first clue about menopause and how it affects gaba receptors, the doctors don't have the time to read any online literature I read.
I read some scientific articles about how receptors are affected and it just fuelled my anxiety as it is so complex.

Uptick

« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2020, 06:04:50 PM »

Sorry, I should have known that scientific articles would trigger more anxiety. Same with Dr. Google. I think you have to find a doctor who can help you, someone who listens to you and can earn your trust. I'm a microbiologist, but I didn't know much about menopause before I had my own perimenopause journey, tbh!

Dandelion

« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2020, 06:07:50 PM »

Sorry, I should have known that scientific articles would trigger more anxiety. Same with Dr. Google. I think you have to find a doctor who can help you, someone who listens to you and can earn your trust. I'm a microbiologist, but I didn't know much about menopause before I had my own perimenopause journey, tbh!
It's still nice to be talking to you.
Sadly in our surgery, we don't get the choice of which doctors we see.
I have noticed my vagina feels a bit sore, like it's chapped but it isn't. It's not a great trouble, I can live with it thankfully. Maybe its not the womb that is bleeding maybe its the cervix.
I AM up to date with smears thankfully though.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11