Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: 200mg conti utrogestan not controlling bleeding or discharge  (Read 15059 times)

Dandelion

200mg conti utrogestan not controlling bleeding or discharge
« on: August 21, 2020, 01:00:20 PM »

I posted about this here, it went away but it's back again.
I don't want to go to my GP
HAd hystersocopy in 2019, decreased oestrogen twice, increased utro
Nothing working
Is it risky if I just carry on with out changing my hrt regime without telling GP
I can't change progestin as I am addicted to valium and they are cross-tolerant so it would completely mess me up.
I just want to see a clear pad. I don't mind yellow or light brown discharge, I just don't want to be seeing other colours. They go, but thy return.
I get tender breasts and a painful period every few months
I am 54 in a few weeks so I cant still be cycling.

Hurdity

Re: 200mg conti utrogestan not controlling bleeding or discharge
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 05:08:31 PM »

Dandelion - when in 2019 did you have your hysterosocopy and what did they find? What was the thickness of your lining and were there any polyps or fibroids that could have caused the bleeding? Did they suggest an explanation if not or what to do about it?

You could still be cycling at age 54 - there are plenty of women who have a late menopause. It depends what your periods were doing before you started HRT ie whether you were missing cycles or going a long time in between periods, and how long ago this was. Is there a pattern to the spotting and bleeding? Keep a diary and make a note of the tender breasts and the period you are getting - when it happens and how often and whether the postting or bleeding stops in between.

You need to know the answers these questions before deciding what to do.

Do try not to worry and hope this helps.

Hurdity x

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 05:23:40 PM »

Dandelion - when in 2019 did you have your hysterosocopy and what did they find? What was the thickness of your lining and were there any polyps or fibroids that could have caused the bleeding? Did they suggest an explanation if not or what to do about it?

You could still be cycling at age 54 - there are plenty of women who have a late menopause. It depends what your periods were doing before you started HRT ie whether you were missing cycles or going a long time in between periods, and how long ago this was. Is there a pattern to the spotting and bleeding? Keep a diary and make a note of the tender breasts and the period you are getting - when it happens and how often and whether the postting or bleeding stops in between.

You need to know the answers these questions before deciding what to do.

Do try not to worry and hope this helps.

Hurdity x
Hi @Hurdity
I had my hysteroscopy in January 2019.
The hysteroscopy found nothing.
The transvaginal ultrasound before it found a slightly thickened womb lining, 5 0r 5.5 mm as far as I can remember.
No polyps or fibroids.

As for suggestions or explanations, I informed the gynaecologist of my valium situation and an extra vaginal 100mg utro was added to the oral 100mg utro.
He did say to me that if the bleeding persists, I could be back and forth to him.
He said I had a stenosed cervix, it was so closed it wouldn't even let him in with a thin straw like implement to do a biopsy while awake.

I can't really remember my periods before hrt, some were really heavy, late, early but not painful.
I didn't go an especially long time between periods.
I don't know for how long the periods were irregular, I remember in my late thirties having a really heavy one at work. I think I was 36 roughly.
I "think" my periods were normal until early forties, which is when I started perimenopause. Thats when I started getting sweats and flushes at age 42 and "wonky periods"

I do keep a diary, there is no pattern to the spotting or bleeding. I had a massive period in November (I think) and march with great pain and clots, and the recent one in August with pain and clots but not so bad as the others. I get days with watery pink, one recently with red on the tissue at wiping, but mostly brown/yellow. Sometimes dark brown. The vast majority of the time its small amounts of brown, today so far there is a small amount of yellow.
There is mostly something like spotting or brown every day, but I go get the odd day or two with nothing, or just yellow.
I'm worried as I do not really know the answers to the questions except the ones in the diary, I would say I get brown most days, yellow next in order, terracotta, pink watery, and if I am lucky just yellow or occasionally none at all. The tender breasts are random so I can't really check them for lumps.
Do you think there could be a chance, given this information that I could have cancer?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 05:38:39 PM by Dandelion »

Dandelion

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 06:57:53 PM »

Update, nothing but a tiny bit of yellow yesterday.
Today, small amount of brown on pad and small amount of reddish brown on tissue when wiping.

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 09:41:07 AM »

Today's update
Sorry for graphic description, stringy little brown/red clot on tissue first thing.
Mild pelvic pain
Second visit to loo, looks like I am having a full blown period red blood on tissue, not flooding large amount though.

Dandelion

update
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 02:18:48 PM »

Was hoping this nonsense would go away, as I can't change regimen due to info earlier on thread.

28th August - Teaspoon of mid brown discharge on pad (pads should be a thing of the past for a woman like me, nearly 54 years old.
29th August  - Mild pelvic pain for short while, less brown discharge then yesterday
30th August - Mild pelvic pain. Went to loo to urinate, water in bowl red, wiped, proper red on tissue like a young woman's period. Shouldn't be needing pads, at my age, but would go through a lot of knickers if I didnt.

Hope @Hurdity sees this post and my answers to her questions on my post of 25 August

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 03:35:58 PM »

Hi Hurdity hasn’t been on here for about a week. She may be on holiday. I’m sure she’ll be along soon x

Dandelion

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 03:46:57 PM »

Hi Hurdity hasn’t been on here for about a week. She may be on holiday. I’m sure she’ll be along soon x
Hi Dotty
I just want it to stop.
I never mentioned in 2019 in the reansvaginal ultrasound scan that they couldn't find my ovary. This last spate when I have had pelvic pain I have had pain in my left ovary area.

Dandelion

Another update
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2020, 03:55:53 PM »

Been losing black clots today, no wonder I was having pelvic pain.
Had a bit of pelvic pain today, seems to have gone now.

Dandelion

today's update
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 07:12:23 PM »

Pelvic pain seems to come in the afternoon.
Watery pink and black clots on pad, dark brown stale blood on tissue.
Wonder why I am passing clots, why does the blood wait in my womb and congeal, shouldn't even be there at my age?
Why is blood happening at all, womb was only 5mm in Jan 2019, had hrt adjustments, nothing working, just when I think it has stopped, back it comes.

Dotty

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 07:34:35 PM »

Dandelion.... could it be that you are not post menopause? Did you go 12 months without a period before you started on the continuous Utrogestan ? If you are still in peri menopause, this could be the reason fo4 your bleeding.

Dandelion

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2020, 07:51:17 PM »

Dandelion.... could it be that you are not post menopause? Did you go 12 months without a period before you started on the continuous Utrogestan ? If you are still in peri menopause, this could be the reason fo4 your bleeding.
I'm 54 next week so post meno, been on hrt since 2013 so always had periods.
Evorel100mcg patch and 200mg utro 12 days a month
I got addicted to valium in 2016 while still peri, and went nuts on the days I wasn't taking progesterone as it's cross tolerant with valium, so I started taking 100mg utro every day which stopped me going nuts as it balanced my GABA receptors (metabolite of progesterone is cross-tolerant to valium in the same way morphine is cross tolerant with heroin)
So, I had regular periods till June 2018 when spotting started
Had hysteroscopy and added vaginal 100mg utro which stopped bleeding
It started again in June 2019 so GP reduced patch to 75mcg which stopped bleeding
It started again in November intermittently and had massive clots especially in march.
Had spotting since then but red blood and clots on and off for about the last month now.

Dandelion

Update and please also see post above
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2020, 12:45:10 PM »

Please also see my post above.
Today
Black clots on pad.
Slight pelvic pain just arrived, been getting worse in afternoon hope it doesn't today.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2020, 01:07:23 PM »

Hi Dandelion, gosh you've been through a lot of cr@p. Poor thing.
I suppose you can't say you're post menopause if you had been on HRT since 2013? Some women still have ovarian function at this point, so maybe your ovaries are having a last spell of activity?
What does your consultant say?
Hope it stops soon 🤞🏻

Dandelion

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2020, 01:11:17 PM »

Hi Dandelion, gosh you've been through a lot of cr@p. Poor thing.
I suppose you can't say you're post menopause if you had been on HRT since 2013? Some women still have ovarian function at this point, so maybe your ovaries are having a last spell of activity?
What does your consultant say?
Hope it stops soon 🤞🏻
I haven't been to see the GP since June 2019.
I cannot have my progesterone regime changed due to the cross tolerance with valium, as any alteration in that will have disastrous side effects.
I started taking ashwaganhda a few weeks ago to BALANCE my hormones, but I dunno if it's making it worse.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11