Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: return of the hot flushes.  (Read 1151 times)

jane c

• First Flush
return of the hot flushes.
« on: July 27, 2020, 11:38:52 AM »

Hi. I've been on Femiston Conti for a year - had to come off a higher Femiston dose as i had breast cysts. in the last couple of months, i've had a return of hot flushes, mainly at night, and increasing hair loss. I can only put this down to low oestrogen, but am reluctant to go back on a higher dose as i've been on HRT for 15 years now! any advice gratefully received.

sheila99

Re: return of the hot flushes.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 12:59:24 PM »

I don't think there's much choice really, the only thing to cure low oestrogen is oestrogen. Interested in the cysts though, did they say these were due to hrt? I've had three, two before meno one during peri and on hrt. They just said I was prone to them, they didn't blame oestrogen. I was advised to stop hrt until they had investigated but that was in case it was bc.

Daisydoo

• First Flush
Re: return of the hot flushes.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 11:41:59 AM »

:'(Hi, I've been taking one tablet or another for around 6 years and about 3 weeks ago, I decided to stop taking my Femiston Conti tablets to see how I got on. Nothing for about a week then some night sweats which were increasing by the night. I thought that I'd better go back on them, the sweats are even worse and I have such a headache. Not sure what to do? do I continue? I have got a lower dose from before, maybe I should take them. Does anyone have any advice?