Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Symptoms....  (Read 1263 times)

Debs165

Symptoms....
« on: August 04, 2020, 03:26:50 PM »

Hi,

I am really confused and a little lost, some advice would be greatly received!

I have been feeling not right for ages and the doctor has done blood tests and doesn't really know whats going on, the symptoms i have been getting are....
Massive hot flushes that seem to last from a couple of minutes to what seems like ages, then i feel okay and then go back to hot flushes again, this is also combined at times with feeling chilly!   but mainly just feeling uncomfortably hot.
A general feeling of just not feeling 'right' feeling really run down and under the weather, this i can't seem to shift, some days are better than others and at times i just want to stay in bed.
I feel fed up and down most days, and that is draining.
Have got really irritable and have no patience at all, my poor husband is so good but it must be difficult for him, and getting emotional at times.
Terrible aches and pains, all over my body again some days worse that others.
Not sleeping great and waking really early.
I am unable to take any HRT as i had bilateral pulmonary embolisms 2016 which resulted in major surgery at Papworth hospital in 2017, they think that HRT may have contributed to them.
Sorry for the long winded post!
Debs x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Symptoms....
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 03:46:07 PM »

How about asking about HRT delivered by patches as this bypasses the liver etc..   Advancements have been made since 2017 ;-). "They Think" ain't good enough!  You could pay for an answer by sending an e-mail to Dr Currie, advice above.

What you describe sounds peri-menopause.  Maybe keep a diary of food/mood/symptoms? 

As oestrogen levels drop so the body may become dry: inside and out : skin, deep in the nostrils, ears, vagina, scalp as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Have U tried an over the counter pain relief prior to doing any exercise? 

A good diet, gentle exercise, hobbies .......... browse round, make notes ;-)

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 03:48:07 PM »

Hello Debs165.

The symptoms you list are typical for the menopause and many of us here have similar experiences so you are not alone.

I assume that you have taken HRT in the past and have now been told to avoid it. Unfortunately I am not one of the very knowledgeable ladies  but I'm sure someone will be along soon to advise you.

Take care.

K.

Debs165

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 05:06:11 PM »

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you for your reply.

Its horrendous, i feel totally run down and constantly feel like I am coming down with something.

Yes i was on HRT for a while, first the gel then patches and then tablets!, my gp will not let prescribe HRT now due to the high risk for me and in all honestly i think i am too nervous to go back on it.

Take care
Debby

Debs165

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 05:09:11 PM »

Hi CLKD,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried the HRT patches and then got moved onto the tablets as patches didn't help.

I have tried some over the counter pain relief and at the moment waiting to hear about pain management to see if they can help.

Best wishes
Debby