Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The dreads and doom  (Read 4933 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: The dreads and doom
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2020, 11:50:22 AM »

BBs aren't addictive .  They are prescribed to ease anxiety by lowering blood pressure.  My neighbour has the exact reaction and they make him hyper!

Can you cut the tablet in half?  80 may simply be too much at once?  If you can't, take 40 this evening around 8.00 and see how you feel.

Shell babes

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2020, 10:21:32 AM »

You?ll be pleased to know, I had a better night.  I took the BB, slept better and not as much of a hangover today.  I now know that it has been adrenaline surges which have been waking me up out of a deep sleep and then I couldn't get back to sleep. it's making sense now so I don't feel like I am going mad. 

Shell babes

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2020, 11:00:48 AM »

Thanks for your advice about cutting the tablet in half. The BB (80mg) is the slow release one so can't really do that.  Anyway, I feel more optimitic today.  Yesterday was awful as I hadn't slept, things are so much worse on no sleep.  I realise that the adrenaline surges woke me up from a deep sleep and then led to a panic attack.  I thought it was me causing all of this and really felt like I was going mad.  Now I know there is a reason, I feel better.  Thanks for your help and advice on this as I really appreciate it. I could feel the adrenaline running through me like hot water and it was scary but now I know why. I feel calmer today. 😊

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2020, 11:19:44 AM »

That's exactly how it is with me: hot water through my veins  ::)

Little steps. 

Shell babes

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2020, 12:48:32 PM »

Yes, little steps hopefully now in the right direction  :)

Shell babes

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2020, 12:59:42 PM »

CLKD - may I ask you - do you still get adrenaline surges or do they die off?

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2020, 03:44:15 PM »

I haven't suffered for ages, it's nearly 2 years since I required an emergency tablet. 

It took a while to find a medication regime that eased symptoms though.

Shell babes

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2020, 10:20:07 AM »

Thanks for your knowledge. I had a chat with DH and I slept in the spare room last night for the time being. He knows it's not forever. I did keep waking up but was determined to go back to sleep and I did.  So I slept enough, still have a hangover spaced out feeling but that is far more preferable to the feeling of having not slept.  I did take a BB so have that, the Mirtazipine, oestrogen estradot patch 75mg, mirena coil and testosterone implant from Christmas - it's supposed to be replaced in July if the clinics are open by then. This morning I have decided that my medication regime is as good as it's going to get after changing everything and going back to this. I do feel full of chemicals if that makes sense, but again, better than the feeling of having not slept which is by far the worst. I am now looking forward and working with what I have rather than pining for how I used to be. it's surprising what you are grateful for when things have been so bad. Thank you for your advice and knowledge during this journey, it has helped enormously.    :bighug:

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2020, 11:49:03 AM »

You may find that as months go by and your body gets used to extra medication, half a day at a time ?

Shell babes

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2020, 02:30:41 PM »

Yes half a day .... seeing the list of medication looks a lot and it's no wonder I feel full of chemicals and wonder if the hangover feeling is heading towards too much but I daren't change anything again.  I just read an article on neurotoxicity  which hasn't helped me.  Think I?ll stop reading things apart from this site and try to make a go of it. Thanks for your support CLKD as ever.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2020, 03:50:46 PM »

If you take the medication as prescribed and allow the body to become used to it ....... I am really tired due to busy dreams but am used to it.  Took a while to realise it wasn't serious  ::)

Stop reading!!

Shell babes

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2020, 05:00:36 PM »

Ok thanks, I?ll stop reading  :o :oops:

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2020, 05:55:14 PM »

:rofl: ....... stop the doom, breath through the dreads ........

Shell babes

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2020, 09:16:49 AM »

Ok will do. I have the dreads again this morning really bad. I feel that of a very low mood coupled with crippling anxiety. I wish it would all go away.

Shell babes

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2020, 09:45:14 AM »

I also have a bad hangover feeling and feel that the 80mg slow release Propanalol is too much as you suggested, I feel like a zombie. I have only been taking it 1.5 weeks, how do you suggest I wean off it. I can't cut it in half as it's in a capsule ... could I just stop taking it? Thank you
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4