Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 197314 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1695 on: April 27, 2020, 05:09:08 PM »

I miss our garden centres  :'(

Jeepers - look on it as cheaper than going to the gym: lift up the bags of groceries, wipe with large rounded movements, leave to air dry, skip round the kitchen  :whist:

littleminnie

« Reply #1696 on: April 27, 2020, 05:11:33 PM »

Hi ladies,

Just looking for a little reassurance.  I can't remember if I washed my hands when I came back from shopping today, so am panicking. (shakes fist at OCD).  I did wear surgical type gloves whilst out, and started wiping down shopping as soon as I got in with bleach solution, on a cloth.  I didn't wear gloves for this, so do you think the bleach water would have got rid of anything on my hands?  I was so stressed about the wiping down (I am shopping for 3 people, it takes me ages, and I am still working full time)

I would say that is definitely enough Jeepers.

Sorry to be so needy

Jeepers xx

CLKD

« Reply #1697 on: April 27, 2020, 05:33:42 PM »

....... and not needy at all, if you don't ask you don't get!

Hurdity

« Reply #1698 on: April 28, 2020, 08:26:25 AM »

The figures are flawed Stella,always have been,people have died from say cancer or heart problems but because they tested positive for covid,that's included in the daily death updates

It's very complex jaypo. I looked at the gyuuidelines for death certification. The thing is if it is an elderly person who has died with symptoms suggesting CV19 then this could well have hastened the death. There is a whole hierarchy of scenarios to look at from what I remember. It is far far more likely that the figures from deaths outside hospital due to or hastened by CV19 have been underestimated I think. The number of excess deaths where CV19 not mentioned compared to 5 year average is huge. Which reminds me the weekly data are due out from ONS today. This is the week when the carehome deaths will be most shocking - when they were first being reported in large numbers two weeks ago.

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #1699 on: April 28, 2020, 08:41:48 AM »

Did we have C-19 12 months ago let alone 5 years ago  :-\

C-19 must not be seen as the Cause of Death! it skews the figures.  Unless a person goes to hospital with symptoms of C-19 and dies ........ if they are already in hospital and catch it that's different and there should be Questions Asked.  If people go into hospital and die of other conditions, C-19 should not be on the Cert unless they have tested positive.

CLKD

« Reply #1700 on: April 28, 2020, 09:58:12 AM »

The NHS said yesterday that it isn't reliable enough and may cause extra stress!   Why would anyone, why not wait until correct testing is available  :-\.

Can say that 'cos my mobile is ancient  ;D but nope, wouldn't bother.  Not that interested in finding out as I haven't had symptoms - but when the 'carrier' test arrives, I may join the queue.

Tnx jaypo

Sparrow

« Reply #1701 on: April 28, 2020, 10:00:52 AM »

I'm always suspicious of 'Tracking Apps'.  Can you trust who is doing the tracking??

CLKD

« Reply #1702 on: April 28, 2020, 10:03:40 AM »

Boris?

Two hoots

« Reply #1703 on: April 28, 2020, 10:15:26 AM »

My health authority published the number of hospital deaths for the first time yesterday. The area is three big counties, with only a few towns, mainly rural villages. I was surprised the number of only five was so low but at the same time relieved.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1704 on: April 28, 2020, 11:34:05 AM »

Have you heard about the virus attacking children?
They think it's something to do with the corona virus, but they don't know for sure yet.
Some have been admitted to intensive care, and some have sadly died. 😢

Salad

« Reply #1705 on: April 28, 2020, 11:46:59 AM »

Have you heard about the virus attacking children?
They think it's something to do with the corona virus, but they don't know for sure yet.
Some have been admitted to intensive care, and some have sadly died. 😢

Just reading about this now  :-\ 
This virus seems to mutate and affect people in such different ways now - it's hard to feel confident in lockdown being lifted.

CLKD

« Reply #1706 on: April 28, 2020, 11:47:12 AM »

Toxic Shock syndrome. 

If the records were accurate an App wouldn't be required.  People will become obsessed and more stressed .........

Taz2

« Reply #1707 on: April 28, 2020, 01:28:12 PM »

My health authority published the number of hospital deaths for the first time yesterday. The area is three big counties, with only a few towns, mainly rural villages. I was surprised the number of only five was so low but at the same time relieved.

We've had 55 deaths in our hospital and a total of 114 over the three hospitals run by the trust.

Taz x

Two hoots

« Reply #1708 on: April 28, 2020, 02:40:52 PM »

After seeing the shocking pictures of temporary morgues in other countries I am relieved to read most areas have low rates even though care home figures are excluded.  I dont know how funeral homes are coping, if there is a delay in funerals, any bereavement at this time must be awful.

CLKD

« Reply #1709 on: April 28, 2020, 02:48:47 PM »

At this time of year, a delay in funerals is usual due to season 'flu.  My family in Luton had to wait 3 weeks a few years ago ...... there's a mix of ethnicity too which makes a difference.  Half an hour in the crem., a real production line  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 179