Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194100 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #825 on: March 23, 2020, 02:19:18 PM »

However: C-19 is unexpected.  Lack of supplies didn't happen overnight and it is across the medical World - HRT is one medication that is in short supply.  Where was the Government for the last 2/3 years about this? 

As someone who suffers with depression and anxiety without medication, I wouldn't be here if I couldn't get it, if menopause didn't cause so many problems, we wouldn't be here anyway.  For me depression is physical  :-\

GerryL

« Reply #826 on: March 23, 2020, 02:46:28 PM »

You may well ask, CLKD.

But given that this is what we're dealing with right now, it's important to put things into perspective.

Clinical depression is a different entity to the depression, anxiety and mood swings caused by the menopause transition. True clinical depression is not a normal part of the menopause.

Those with clinical depression should receive appropriate treatment for this, and I gather from your posts that this is what you do receive. It's important to realise that the present circumstances could very well have a significant impact on those with mental health conditions and if you or anyone else here finds that their mental health is deteriorating at this time, then appropriate support and help should be sought.

CLKD

« Reply #827 on: March 23, 2020, 02:50:55 PM »

True clinical depression being what exactly  >:( I have organic depression as well as being affected every month during my menstruating years.  If a lady has depression or anxiety, regardless of causation, appropriate medication should be prescribed.  Initially she may not realise it is linked to The Change.   Many women have killed themsleves due to hormonal upheaval during menopause as well as having killed others and I suspect that with C-19, many will kill themselves due to money worries or isolation.

We have plenty of threads here at MM as well as discussing hormones: exercise, cycling, swimming, dog threads, gardening ...... browse round, join in.  Most situated in 'this and that' room.

CLKD

« Reply #828 on: March 23, 2020, 02:54:18 PM »

So a high profile US Prisoner now tests positive for C-19 - WHF

Weinstein is being held at Wende Correctional Facility near Buffalo in upstate New York. Two prisoners at the facility tested positive for the virus on Sunday, an officer who did not wish to give his name told Reuters news agency.

Mr Powers told Reuters that several members of staff had been quarantined. He expressed concern for corrections officers who he claims lack proper protective equipment.

GerryL

« Reply #829 on: March 23, 2020, 03:01:50 PM »

Clinical depression is defined in the DSM. This explains, CLKD.
https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/depression/index.shtml

Reproductive depression is a seperate entity. Not sure what 'organic depression' is. Was this diagnosed by a psychiatrist? I haven't seen that listed in the DSM.

GerryL

« Reply #830 on: March 23, 2020, 03:05:31 PM »

My apologies, CLKD. Organic depression is caused by a physical illness or brain injury. I didn't know that this was the cause in your case.

https://neuro.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/jnp.1.4.398?journalCode=jnp

ElkWarning

« Reply #831 on: March 23, 2020, 03:30:20 PM »

Most I believe just want to support each other in getting through the everyday. We have to remember this is a menopause forum with many members struggling to cope with hormonal anxiety issues. Please let's look after each other.

I'm glad this message is finally getting through.  I felt I had to abandon the boards, and the support I receive, early on in this crisis due to haranguing re: C-19.  During this time, I had my Mirena out and really struggled with the sudden drop in hormones.  I ended up in hospital at one point.  It would have been so nice to have my concerns and very real fear acknowledged.  Glad to see we've turned the corner with this now.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #832 on: March 23, 2020, 03:41:40 PM »

I spoke to my neighbour from her garden to mine today. She looks very anxious and agitated.  I think she has had mental health problems on/off since she was in her teens when she had an eating disorder.  She is now 62.  Last time she was hospitalised was during the 9/11 disaster and she completely flipped.

She said today she hopes she is not ?going mad again? because of this Coronavirus but things like this really affect her badly.  Not sure what help there will be for people like her at the current time. She lives alone so she can't really share her concerns and it all builds up. 

CLKD

« Reply #833 on: March 23, 2020, 04:03:17 PM »

Wrong - clinical depression is due to circumstances that a person is unable to alter
Organic depression is that - when the brain chemistry goes awry - many 'experts' won't recognise it but I have both
Depression may be caused by closed brain injury but is not causation - where *did* u get that idea from  :-\

Why do you need to know who diagnosed my depression  :-\ .........

Suggest that your neighbour contacts MIND Charity and her GP.  There is support out there ........ get her to access it sooner rather than later.  I was on edge in the night - in the day I'm OK.

CLKD

« Reply #834 on: March 23, 2020, 04:28:47 PM »

:thankyou:  stellajane

I watch now, BBC update.  As well as selling/buying houses etc.. 

GerryL

« Reply #835 on: March 23, 2020, 05:27:22 PM »

OK. I'll leave you all to it. Good luck, and stay safe.

Barnacle

« Reply #836 on: March 23, 2020, 05:55:54 PM »

Sending you a big hug Pf x

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #837 on: March 23, 2020, 06:42:10 PM »

When I read Gerry's post I understood what she was saying but when you are in the middle of a horrendous menopause with depression whether it be clinical hormonal organic it is all the same when you are feeling so hopeless and wretched and a muted version of yourself.  You tweak the hrt you start an anti depressant and then you have to wait it out trying to be hopeful that it will pass but not quite believing it will because thats what depression tells you.  Armageddon could be going on outside and feels like it is but when you are in this horrible time you are overwhelmed by how you are feeling and will you ever get better.  This forum has been a life saver and makes you feel not so alone when the rest of the people around you seem to  be sailing through the menopause and you feel bad for feeling bad.

CLKD

« Reply #838 on: March 23, 2020, 06:51:12 PM »

:thankyou:  Bring me Sunshine  :foryou:

I have a thread somewhere 'My Depression' I think I called it.  Gerry's not been on the Forum very long  :-\ ....... maybe she could read that as well as others where depression and anxiety have been fuelled by hormones?

Countrygirl

« Reply #839 on: March 23, 2020, 07:03:11 PM »

Bring me sunshine thank you 💐x
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 179