Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194098 times)

bear

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #810 on: March 22, 2020, 07:24:40 PM »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #811 on: March 22, 2020, 07:28:37 PM »

A separate thread as I have suggested previously  ;)

Jari

« Reply #812 on: March 22, 2020, 07:33:59 PM »

No chance of that. We'll have destroyed the planet and ourselves long before we have time to evolve.

That is a shame, when we each as individuals can choose to make better choices right away... this virus just highlights the wrong doings yet again..

Sorry you are having a bad day Jaypo! X

Wave to BeaR and Night owl! X
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 07:36:37 PM by Jari »

CLKD

« Reply #813 on: March 22, 2020, 07:35:30 PM »

This virus outbreak must bring our Governments to heel.  The UK is too lax on it's borders  >:(

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #814 on: March 22, 2020, 08:31:53 PM »

I'm  sad tonight. Went to see Mum and wasn't allowed in as they now have diarrhoea in the building. They took Mum's card and presents up to her room and brought her to the window to wave to me but she was crying her eyes out and looked really upset.  She understands bits about the virus when I explain it but forgets it 10 mins later.  It could be 12+ weeks before I see her and she will be totally bewildered.  😥😥😥

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #815 on: March 22, 2020, 08:48:11 PM »

Sending you hugs Pf.

thank you so much stellajane. X

Lanzalover

« Reply #816 on: March 22, 2020, 09:32:16 PM »

So sorry to read this PF it must have been so distressing for you both. It's made me sad just reading your post.

:foryou:

Lanzalover x

« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 09:34:17 PM by Lanzalover »

yellowflower

« Reply #817 on: March 22, 2020, 10:51:13 PM »

Err... how does it help any to argue the toss about where CV originated??

Let's just get on with slowing the infection rate.
[/quote

To stop it happening again? Three serious respiratory viruses originating in the wet markets because eating snakes, bats, etc.. has not been outlawed.

CLKD

« Reply #818 on: March 22, 2020, 11:13:15 PM »

I'm afraid that China does not have a good record at protecting it's people so I wouldn't expect them to alter anything.  Until the World stops buying from them  :-\.  This isn't the 1st time viruses have originated from Mainland China.

Start buying from your local farm and village shops, game dealers, butchers?   The days of cheap food should be over. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 09:56:33 AM by CLKD »

yellowflower

« Reply #819 on: March 22, 2020, 11:20:19 PM »

We are where we are. Just trying to support each other on a menopause forum. Not trying to put right the wrongs of the world.

I'm sorry I spoke.

You have as much right to an opinion as everyone else. When this is all over, I hope governments look at population control and very strict controls on borders. Countries are very overpopulated and this contributes to the current situation. Italy has 60 million residents. Any wonder the disease has spread? Australia is an island and has 30 million residents. We can shut our borders pretty effectively. We never hear from the refugee advocates anymore as I think covid-19 is bringing some clarity to certain issues. Most of our covid-19 has been imported, including a ridiculous situation where a cruise ship was allowed to disembark in Sydney and later found to have passengers and a crew member with covid-19. Other countries were not allowing cruise ships to dock.

We are going to have to change our attitudes to many things in the wake of this crisis. The Chinese MUST be held to account and must put steps in place to ban the sale of wild animals. The wet markets are places of incredible cruelty as anyone in the animal welfare sector will attest to (myself included). But not just China, as many asian countries have these disgusting markets.

Most importantly, we cannot keep populating our earth in the way we are. I read of an american woman who was complaining about how she would feed her 6 children. SIX CHILDREN!!!!! My husband and I had one very well planned out child as we wanted to be able to provide properly for him. It is irresponsible and selfish to keep having large families. 

CLKD

« Reply #820 on: March 22, 2020, 11:22:15 PM »

The UK hasn't had closed borders for years.  Staff were withdrawn over the years .......... so it is as an Island impossible to be completely secure.  Coastguards have been amalgamated so that those on call don't even know the areas that they are supposed to be covering  >:(. In an Ideal World but we no longer have control.

Sparrow

« Reply #821 on: March 23, 2020, 07:56:52 AM »

Well said stellajane

CLKD

« Reply #822 on: March 23, 2020, 09:58:24 AM »

Teresa - try to relax.  If you are worried about others, take the initiative.  Move across because they be as worried as you are.  By moving you are back in control.

Also try holding your breath as you walk by?  Wiping down the handles of trolleys, doors, council bins after collection ........

CLKD

« Reply #823 on: March 23, 2020, 12:36:54 PM »

I am sure that I read that a relative of a Member has taken ill - has it been confirmed C-19 by blood testing or by symptoms ?  Sorry can't remember where and I've done a search  :-\

GerryL

« Reply #824 on: March 23, 2020, 01:24:58 PM »

Given the press conference from the First Minister of Scotland and Chief Medical Officer this lunchtime (which usually precede the conference by the Prime Minister expected at 5pm), I think it's time that everyone, everywhere gave their full focus to this very critical situation.

Whilst the menopause is horrid, I think personally that this forum should suspend posts except in general chat threads so that we can keep in touch and support each other.

Now is not the time to be asking a very overpressured NHS to help with HRT queries, or to be running around pharmacies yourselves looking for products which have been in short supply for some time. If you have a regular prescription and are able to get your HRT relatively easily, all well and good.

We need to remember that menopause is not a disease, but Covid 19 is. It takes lives - and yes, I know there will possibly be those who say 'but the menopause nearly cost me my life, I felt suicidal' and I appreciate that - but it can't physically kill you.

Stay safe, everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 179