Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194087 times)

sheila99

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #735 on: March 19, 2020, 01:14:36 PM »

Get a farm, we are looking forwards to the extra help!  :)

ElkWarning

« Reply #736 on: March 19, 2020, 01:39:43 PM »

Anyone else currently working from home? How are you finding it?

Taz2

« Reply #737 on: March 19, 2020, 02:49:59 PM »

My partner is. He's loving it but he's not a naturally social person. I'm at home due to school closure. I'm quite happy as plenty to do but really miss my evening trip to the pub. I don't mind if everyone does it but it's infuriating to know that others don't give a f*** about following advice!  >:(

How are you finding it?

Taz x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #738 on: March 19, 2020, 03:02:08 PM »

The caravan sites down here are busy!  People are leaving the towns and cities and coming to their static vans to reduce the risk of infection.  Sandringham is apparently really busy, was talking to some caravanners this morning.

Went to see my Mum in the care home. had to have temperature taken and fill in questionnaire and go straight to Mum's room and stay there. No mixing with other people.  Thorough Hand washing entering and leaving.  Mum was on good form and I was trying to explain that I can't have my usual lunch with her on Saturday and about the virus.  She said ?well whoever invented that.?  ;D

Donnadoobie

« Reply #739 on: March 19, 2020, 08:36:55 PM »

My daughter is working from home.  She says it's very lonely and she never thought she would miss the office.

Where are you based Pennyfarthing? I am in Norfolk so maybe not too far from you.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 08:00:12 AM by Donnadoobie »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #740 on: March 19, 2020, 08:40:52 PM »

However those in Wales are asking 2nd home owners not to visit because they might take up hospital beds due to the virus.  Well when I was in the NHS in a holiday town it was mainly visitors that took up Hospital beds from end of April to September  >:( 'cos people on holiday so really stupid things  :bang: :poke2:

Whoops this should be in the C holiday thread  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #741 on: March 19, 2020, 08:45:54 PM »

Yep.  My own bathroom is the best  :-*

sheila99

« Reply #742 on: March 19, 2020, 08:50:00 PM »

I preferred working from home too but mostly because it saved me 2 hours a day travelling (and great in winter when I could ride the horse in my extended lunch hour and work when it was dark).

CLKD

« Reply #743 on: March 19, 2020, 09:08:13 PM »

I worked from home for years. Walked the dogs B4 9.00, worked until they insisted on lunch at 12.30, another walk mid afternoon and I could work into the evening when necessary.  Then another dog walk.

Healthier then that I ever was even though my job was sitting down. 

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #744 on: March 19, 2020, 10:21:52 PM »

For those of us who are extremely introverted, this social distancing thing is really just normal life.
A point made by my bestie a few weeks ago, when I said I was worried about catching it, she said I wouldn't cos I never go out, and when I do, I don't like interacting with people.
Fair point, well made.
I feel sorry for the extroverts and social butterflies.

Taz2

« Reply #745 on: March 20, 2020, 12:26:28 AM »

Me neither Teresa!  ;D

Taz x

yellowflower

« Reply #746 on: March 20, 2020, 05:55:59 AM »

Hubby is a cop and two of his workmates in a neighbouring station have covid-19. He goes back to work on Sunday after 2 weeks off. I am a sitting duck and so is he.

Taz2

« Reply #747 on: March 20, 2020, 07:04:11 AM »

Yeah, I was thinking I wouldn't want to be in a holiday home in case one of us fell ill. No place like home if you're not well.

Plus that counts as unnecessary travel even if it's only a few miles away  :(

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #748 on: March 20, 2020, 09:25:46 AM »

I read something on Twitter about an anti-Malarial drug possibly being used. That kind of thing would be interesting if you scientific bods could post for us H.

I've posted some information in the thread I started about the science etc in the other health board - a summary article about what's going on re vaccines and drugs in terms of clinical trials.

Hurdity x

Dorothy

« Reply #749 on: March 20, 2020, 11:40:03 AM »

Had a really helpful chat with a lady at AgeUK yesterday regarding caring for older relatives.

She said (what I have been thinking) that total isolation might mean the vulnerable don't get the virus, but it would also increase deaths from stress and also result in more mental health issues.  She advised that visiting such people would be extremely low risk providing:

1) you are both symptom free and maintain a minimum distance of 1 metre at all times
2) you either don't eat/drink anything or if you do, you bring it with you and take it away again after (e.g. bring a flask of tea for you while your 'host' makes their own in the kitchen
3) you put on disposable gloves just before entering the house and remove them as soon as you leave.  Also, avoid using the loo if possible - just go in, sit in a chair, don't touch anything.
4) the vulnerable person, as far as possible, only has one visitor instead of different people each day.  So if you are a family, designate one person to visit mum each week, one person to visit auntie etc.

Obviously, in good weather, it is much better if you can sit out in the garden or meet in a park.

She also told me about the Silver Line charity, which provides a free, confidential support line which is manned 24 hours a day.  Any elderly person can ring at any time, whether they have a worry or just want a friendly voice to chat to.  The website is thesilverline.org.uk and the number is 0800 4708090. 

Hope this is helpful for some of you either isolating yourselves or seeking to care for those who are.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 179