Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194146 times)

Donnadoobie

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #720 on: March 18, 2020, 09:39:57 PM »

To all that said I should not charge when I am forced to close.  Well I have to on Monday until further notice.

Great.  From Monday, I have absolutely no income whatsoever, no subsidies, no grants, insurance company not replying, government talking about a loan. Ffs with what  money can  I repay!

Desolate and finished.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 09:55:00 PM by Donnadoobie »

Donnadoobie

« Reply #721 on: March 18, 2020, 09:55:29 PM »

Difficult for childcare providers!

Donnadoobie

« Reply #722 on: March 18, 2020, 10:09:08 PM »

But most still have an income.

My business is most likely finished.  Thinking of selling my house tonight.  Thanks for your support.

Donnadoobie

« Reply #723 on: March 18, 2020, 10:45:21 PM »

My childminding insurance will not pay out for loss of revenue, says Covid 19 was not a notifiable disease when I took out the policy ( have had the same policy for 23 years!, renewal was last August)  basically unless I get the support of the parents to cover me when I am closed, I am screwed and I will have to sell my house.

Dark times

Three months ago I had a business with an annual turnover of ?98,000, an employee and 55 children on the books.  Tonight, I am likely to lose everything.

Donnadoobie

« Reply #724 on: March 18, 2020, 11:34:28 PM »

I cannot even write what I think of the whole load if b#@*@#@s! 

I am guessing these grants will not materialise and what good is a loan of you are not making any money, when you start earning again you will be paying it all back in the loan!

Hope you are OK birdy
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 12:01:36 AM by Donnadoobie »

dangermouse

« Reply #725 on: March 18, 2020, 11:36:30 PM »

Donna - would you be able to claim universal credits? They have lowered the threshold of proven income to 0 as far as I understand.

Mortgage lenders will give you a 3 month extension and it may all have calmed by then and your clients will come back.

Key workers will still require childcare so perhaps update your website and marketing towards them for now.

Donnadoobie

« Reply #726 on: March 19, 2020, 12:21:55 AM »

I don't know dangermouse.  I will look into it.  If it is for a month then we can probably muddle through, if it is for longer ( which is probable) then we will struggle.  Mortgage, electricity, water, council tax, car tax 4 cars ( all for business) food, insurance policies, life cover, pensions, so scared I cannot sleep tonight for worrying about it all.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 06:11:50 AM by Donnadoobie »

Jari

« Reply #727 on: March 19, 2020, 07:42:11 AM »

First day of no more reported cases from Wuhan... with any luck now on the road to recovery.. x

flutterby

« Reply #728 on: March 19, 2020, 07:54:19 AM »

Before I start on my comment, I just want to say how sorry I feel for all those who are worried about where their money is going to come from in the foreseeable future. Donnadoobie - it's bad enough worrying about your health but when your livelihood is slipping away from you I can't imagine how bad you feel xx
Has anyone received a text from NHS No Reply - it gives brief advice to stay at when you have Coronavirus symptoms, which is fair enough. However it then goes on to say that if symptoms get serious to visit the NHS111 online service.  It has been sent from our doctors surgery.
My husband and I are in our late 60's with no known underlying health conditions but we would have no family support, the thought of either one of both of us being seriously (an explanation from them of what constitutes this would have been helpful) ill and trying to access a system we're not familiar with fills me with dread.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #729 on: March 19, 2020, 08:07:24 AM »

We had the same.  Is anyone in your area arranging the postcard/ribbon idea?  We don't have support either and I think that it is unlikely that people would notice we were in trouble.  Our curtains can be closed for days and no one taps the door because everyone drives by.

Do you have a village shop flutterby?  Do you look at facebook for your village/town?  That's how I have found out what support is being offered locally.

flutterby

« Reply #730 on: March 19, 2020, 08:30:27 AM »

Hi CLKD we're in a similar situation we can have no one coming to our door in months ( apart from deliveries ). It is nearly always me contacting and visiting friends and normally doing volunteering and a few classes. We live on the out skirts of a large town and though there is so much deprivation in parts of the town. This area gets overlooked as it appears affluent, however I see little community and it saddens me.
I've been in touch with a community action group and I'm getting a poster which I'll print off and ask the few shops in our area to put up. This will offer support with food shopping and hopefully some emotional support through telephone contact. I would love to offer more but I do feel more vulnerable because of my age. Flutterbyx

Hurdity

« Reply #731 on: March 19, 2020, 10:19:39 AM »

it's gonna be a lot longer than 2 weeks. According to the Govt Chief Medical Officer the peak is expected to be around mid May between 10 and 14 weeks away so the other end of the curve will be another 10-14 weeks after that provided we limit the spread by strictly adopting recommendations re social distancing.  The pandemic in UK is only just beginning to take off with London currently the epicentre.  We are all going to have to change our lives for the next FEW MONTHS at least to ensure the NHS has the capacity to deal with the seriously ill patients who need intensive care. Until a safe and reliable anti-viral drug for the seriously ill becomes available, and a vaccine for all (probably 18 months) once we lift restrictions the virus is likely to take off again ? although the second peak may be slower due to some immunity. However the idea of us cutting social contact will not build immunity but is to prevent infection so many of us will still be susceptible.

I agree there are too many specific threads on Covid-19. However some of the discussion doesn't belong here but in ?Other Health Discussion? so I'm going to start a science/medical based one there (when I get around to it!) so we can post info and keep the loo roll chat and other general stuff etc on this board!  ::)

So sorry for all those whose business is affected ? and let's hope there will be sufficient financial support available. More important that we all follow the guidance and don't mix or get near others if we have the choice and stay as healthy as we can :)

Re school closures and who gets to go to school - I think a list of essential workers is being drawn up - but it's going to be pretty large I would say.

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #732 on: March 19, 2020, 10:41:44 AM »

Absoutely agree about the chat stellajane!! Especially now! Just wanted to separate the other stuff. I've started a thread but not about the drugs - I did read something yesterday which was very technical and was referring to influenza and the cytokine storm (the dangerous part of CV) but not CV itself. Will see what I can find!

No we can't change our living arranagements nor should we although whole households must isolate for 14 days if anyone gets the virus or similar symptoms.

It's avoidable contact we need to limit and wash hands frequently etc. I'm not even visiting my elderly parent - well not going in the house but will go for walks with her etc. Keep in daily contact via e-mail phone and Skype. Not taking any risks (to put others at risk) if I don't have to. My husband is mid 70's although in good health.....

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #733 on: March 19, 2020, 10:44:11 AM »

Also re the school closures - I hope I am allowed to put this link here (these are exceptional times and it's free!) - it is for free resources for parent ( and grandparents!) for children to use during school closures:

https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/covid19-school-closures

Hurdity x

Barnacle

« Reply #734 on: March 19, 2020, 11:20:11 AM »

G
They are looking at the school closure situation today and the half shut, half open plan where they're going to be deciding who's kids have parents doing vital work. I started to think this through related to the parents in my granddaughter's class and came to the conclusion there would be as many in school as out!

Same here Stella. Just among DD's classmates there are 5 children that have parents working at the local hospital, two work at the local prison, 2 teachers and 3 that work in supermarkets.  That's 12 out of a class of 27, and there are probably a couple more.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 179