Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 199413 times)

Sparrow

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #450 on: March 11, 2020, 09:32:46 AM »

A creche in Hospitals during a virus pandemic  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #451 on: March 11, 2020, 09:35:39 AM »

Why not? How else are workers to continue providing support in an already understaffed industry?  If the UK Government does what they have done in Italy ............ hospitals may well grind to a halt. 

Nineteen crew members and two passengers on the Grand Princess tested positive for Covid-19 and the vessel was kept off the coast for five days.

The ship finally docked yesterday and the FCO said 135 British passengers left on a flight from San Francisco last night.

Once they arrive home they are still expected to self-isolate for 14 days.
............ why not stick them into a Hotel altogether as others have been isolated?  :-\.

Sparrow

« Reply #452 on: March 11, 2020, 09:42:03 AM »

Well apart from the obvious risks, what's the point of closing schools if you are going to put children together in a creche.  :o

Barnacle

« Reply #453 on: March 11, 2020, 10:54:36 AM »

It's still 3 weeks until my DC's school break for Easter. Too little, too late by that time if we follow the trends seen in other countries. 

jaycee

« Reply #454 on: March 11, 2020, 11:12:20 AM »

Apparently 111 have not been giving out the correct information, and people have been allowed to go straight home ,and no checks at airports either
None here at the moment, but no hand sanitizer anywhere
I always have some in and luckily bought a large one about 3 weeks ago, which i have been decanting into small contaners for my daughter, [and friend who is going to Tenerife next week]

Sparrow

« Reply #455 on: March 11, 2020, 11:53:59 AM »

The event I was due to go to at the British Library on Saturday has been postponed until July.  Really disappointed as the new date clashes with a wedding we are going to in Northumberland.

My husband had an appointment with our GP on Thursday.  The surgery called this morning to rearrange with another doctor.  Apparently our GP has had to cancel all her appointments.  No reason given.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 01:33:32 PM by Shadyglade »

CLKD

« Reply #456 on: March 11, 2020, 12:43:38 PM »

Maybe the school has closed so she had to do child care?  Didn't your husband ask? 

What's the point of closing schools ....... by now the kids will have passed it on  ::)

Sparrow

« Reply #457 on: March 11, 2020, 01:22:20 PM »

Of course he didn't ask.  ::). He is a man.

CLKD

« Reply #458 on: March 11, 2020, 02:14:43 PM »

:lol:

CLKD

« Reply #459 on: March 11, 2020, 04:18:13 PM »

My reply would be 'Coronavirus then' 'cos by not knowing it begins rumours.  It's a grey area of patient confidentiality though.

It's OK 'them' suggesting closing schools but if parents have to stay at home to do child care, who will be manning the lighthouse  ::)

Sparrow

« Reply #460 on: March 11, 2020, 04:22:36 PM »

Italy has extra problems though.  They do not have a 'National' health service so to begin with there was no coordination.  Also at the beginning they were only testing people who had contact with the infection.  This meant they missed many who presented with symptoms but no contact history.  Lots of people were just turned away.

There was a senior Italian doctor on TV the other night, who used to work for they NHS.  He said we were doing fine with our procedures.

CLKD

« Reply #461 on: March 11, 2020, 04:29:58 PM »

What happens if grandparents aren't allowed to travel or get sick themselves?  This country is so reliant on others caring for children  >:( who should be looked after by their parents.  It does mean that grand parents see more of the children whereas mine ........ I was never allowed to stay over with either set which led me to huge anxiety about being away as I grew older  :-\

Barnacle

« Reply #462 on: March 11, 2020, 05:21:50 PM »

Italy has had 2300 new cases today and 196 deaths, that's scary!

I'm fortunate in that i work from home, but all of my DC's close friends have parents that work, and the majority of them are not local to the area, so have no family around to help.

sheila99

« Reply #463 on: March 11, 2020, 05:28:02 PM »

They aren't looking for a spare grandchild are they? I'll volunteer  :)

Barnacle

« Reply #464 on: March 11, 2020, 05:33:30 PM »

They aren't looking for a spare grandchild are they? I'll volunteer  :)

Bless you sheila! that made me laugh
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 179