Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194159 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #270 on: February 29, 2020, 07:42:43 PM »

That's the usual advice though but far too many of the UK public actually isolate.  So D&V, 'flu, common cold etc. spread .  Especially in open plan offices, I've seen D&V go through a room of 25 within 3 days  :o - the moment anyone complained I took myself off sick so I never caught it. 

yellowflower

« Reply #271 on: February 29, 2020, 08:14:11 PM »

The hysteria will do far more damage that the virus at this point.

Katejo

« Reply #272 on: February 29, 2020, 08:29:05 PM »

That's the usual advice though but far too many of the UK public actually isolate.  So D&V, 'flu, common cold etc. spread .  Especially in open plan offices, I've seen D&V go through a room of 25 within 3 days  :o - the moment anyone complained I took myself off sick so I never caught it.
Don't you mean far too FEW isolate? 😃

CLKD

« Reply #273 on: February 29, 2020, 08:41:54 PM »

;D. probably  ;D

People shouldn't go to work with a cold, upset gut, 'flu or a cough!  After all, work gets done if someone goes on holiday or to a funeral ;-)

littleminnie

« Reply #274 on: March 01, 2020, 09:21:04 AM »

;D. probably  ;D

People shouldn't go to work with a cold, upset gut, 'flu or a cough!  After all, work gets done if someone goes on holiday or to a funeral ;-)

The problem is that you can't win with this.  You?re right, you shouldn't go in work with coughs, colds etc but then if you are off sick too many times from work, you get in trouble.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #275 on: March 01, 2020, 09:51:30 AM »

So very true Littleminnie.
In an ideal world yes, but the work place is far from that.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #276 on: March 01, 2020, 09:55:30 AM »

🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀

Katejo

« Reply #277 on: March 01, 2020, 12:48:51 PM »

;D. probably  ;D

The problem is that you can't win with this.  You?re right, you shouldn't go in work with coughs, colds etc but then if you are off sick too many times from work, you get in trouble.
When I did jury service, i met a juror who told me that her workplace was very strict about sick leave. On starting work, their contract included a clause which said something like "If I am on sick leave, I will not leave the house other than to go to the GP/hospital appt".

CLKD

« Reply #278 on: March 01, 2020, 02:43:22 PM »

I know a bloke who was raised by his grandparents.  The Company he worked for denied him time off telling him that he had to use Annual not Compassionate Leave for both their funerals ...... he took them to Court and won.  He was told on both occasions that 1 could only take Compassionte Leave for parents ......... his had both died when he was very young .  When they docked his pay packet ......... Good Solicitor ;-)

So Managers must change their ways?  Accept that if people continue to bring Germs into the work place more will be off sick for longer or more often.  Of course, 1 cannot ask a lady why she is taking time off  ;)

I've been out and about across Buckinghamshire for a change, no masks in evidence

Taz2

« Reply #279 on: March 01, 2020, 05:54:06 PM »

Just saw on the news that an Infant School in Berkshire has decided to close as a staff member has contracted Coronavirus.

Here we go ....... grandparents in that part of Berkshire quaking in their boots!

No - we're made of sterner stuff  ;D ;D

Taz x  :D

CLKD

« Reply #280 on: March 01, 2020, 05:56:36 PM »

;D

I'm not either a parent or ..........

CLKD

« Reply #281 on: March 01, 2020, 07:07:33 PM »

Yep.  Or all put together into the School with plenty of food, loo rolls and let the Bug take it's Course? 

Countrygirl

« Reply #282 on: March 01, 2020, 08:54:50 PM »

I've just seen bottles of hand sanitizer (on eBay) from Lidl for 10-20 times the normal price. I did wonder if it would happen after seeing the empty shelves x
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 08:59:51 PM by Countrygirl »

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #283 on: March 01, 2020, 08:56:50 PM »

Typical CG.....😠
I was after some on Saturday, couldn't get any! 😡

CLKD

« Reply #284 on: March 01, 2020, 08:58:35 PM »

Make your own?  Soap will run out next ?  ::). Alchol?  Vinegar? Hot water, often.  Laundry towels etc. daily [I do anyway].  Dry in the sunshine when possible.  I had to peg my towels hard yesterday  ;D

Where does the gel come from, China ?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 179