Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Uterine polyp  (Read 18137 times)

vickypk

Uterine polyp
« on: October 20, 2019, 08:14:12 PM »

Hi
Had bleeding and pain last week and have been to hospital for scan and hysteroscopy. They found a polyp but couldn't remove it last week so have to have an operation this week.
I am quite upset about it. Has anyone else had any experience with uterine polyps?
Also had a really bad infection and high temperature after hysteroscopy last week so on antibiotics.
Thanks all xx

KiltedCupid

Re: Uterine polyp
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 11:55:12 PM »

Vickypk - yes, I've had one and had it removed. It caused bleeding when I shouldn't have so I was investigated like you. I was offered the myosure procedure for removal which you can have with/without ga. I opted for without. It took about 20/30 mins, very little bleeding after and no problems since. I took pain relief before the procedure and it took a little longer to insert the instrument as I have a tilted uterus.The polyp was sent for biopsy and no problems found.

Please don't worry, it's pretty straightforward, google myosure and if that's available to you, go for that.

vickypk

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 08:24:16 AM »

Thank you KiltedCupid for your reply.
Feel a bit better today now the antibiotics have kicked in after the hysteroscopy caused by an infection, in the out patient hospital dept last week.
Bleeding has stopped now and pain better. Thanks will Google myosure technique. Just glad you are okay. Got the op booked at hospital on Thursday  xx

QueenofReds3

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 11:26:10 AM »

Hi Vicky
I am sorry you have had a lot to cope with in the last week. Glad the antibiotics are kicking in.
I am sending best wishes for Thursday. Just waiting to go to the hospital in a couple of hours, the bleeding has stopped but the pains haven't so hopefully will have some answers today.
Take care lovely. X

vickypk

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 11:41:03 AM »

Hi QueenofReds3
Thinking of you and sending love. Let me how you get on. Thanks for your reply. Had a lovely walk this morning and feeling better xx

Dollydream

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 01:11:41 PM »

Hi Vicky

Glad you enjoyed your walk, sometimes it helps to get out and take your mind off of things. 

QueenofReds - hope everything goes well for you today, be thinking about you.

Dolly xx

vickypk

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 01:15:26 PM »

Hi Dolly
Thanks for your reply. Yes getting back to normal helps. Hope you are okay. Vicky xx

Dollydream

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 01:26:20 PM »

Hi Vicky
I have my hysteroscopy tomorrow.  I've waited 2 and a half weeks since my scan which feels like forever. Just hoping it'll be OK.
Dolly xx

vickypk

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 02:11:05 PM »

Hi Dolly. You waited a long time after your scan for the hysteroscopy. They did mine same appointment as the scan last week. Although they couldn't get the polyp out, so op on Thursday.
Hope you are okay. Thinking of you and sending you love. Let me know how you get on
Vicky xx

QueenofReds3

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2019, 04:15:12 PM »

Hi Vicky
Back from hospital now . Had scan, could not look at womb properly so did a hysteroscopy , found polyp, removed it there and then . Feel sore and sorry for myself now. Have to wait for results of polyp removed. The consultant said it was probably that that caused the bleeding. At least it's over and done with. Big bar of choc is calling😊

Good luck for tomorrow Dolly . Xx

KiltedCupid

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 04:32:47 PM »

You were lucky QueenofReds3, they attempted to remove mine at hysteroscopy but couldn't, much easier to get it done and dusted. Indulge and pamper tonight.

vickypk

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2019, 04:59:44 PM »

Hi QueenofReds3. So glad they got your polyp out there and that's done. Just hope it's ok. I'll be glad when mine is out on Thursday. Seems like  polyps are common. Hope you are not too sore. Vicky xx

KiltedCupid

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2019, 05:03:55 PM »

Apparently very common vickypk. Good luck with your removal. Will you have Myosure?

vickypk

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2019, 05:08:02 PM »

Hi KiltedCupid. Thank you. Think it's booked for an operation. I did read about myosure sounds better to have that. I would have gone for that but just want it removed  asap now. Vicky xx

KiltedCupid

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2019, 05:12:37 PM »

Yes, absolutely. Not all hospitals have the equipment as it's relatively new. So new in fact, that I even had the sales rep, gowned up watching my procedure! Not only that but the doc was in my class at school! That was quite a morning...

You'll be fine, just take things easy afterwards.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8