Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Refused further prescription for Evorel Conti today  (Read 3684 times)

Katejo

Refused further prescription for Evorel Conti today
« on: July 12, 2019, 09:21:40 PM »

Following my meno clinic appt. this week I have put in a further request for a repeat prescription for Evorel Conti. I did it early because of the known supply problems and I do still have enough for 5-6 weeks. I got a rejection today with no reason given except to contact the surgery.   :( I am hoping that it is just because i put the request in in plenty of time.

I have sent them an email with an explanation for my early request so will have to wait and see what they say. They will soon get a letter from the meno clinic in which he tells them that I do  need the Vagifem and the Evorel Conti.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Refused further prescription for Evorel Conti today
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 10:02:49 AM »

Plus it's weekend?

I would give the Clinic a ring next week and tell them what you've told us.  Also check with a Pharmacist to see the avilableility of the medication.

Dotty

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 12:02:15 PM »

:thankyou:

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 02:29:26 PM »

https://www.dorsetccg.nhs.uk/Downloads/aboutus/medicines-management/Other%20Guidelines/Supply%20issues%20update%20FINAL%202019.pdf

Page 13 lists unavailable hrt x

Thanks Dotty. My local Boots only had Evorel Sequi last weekend and didn't know when they would get Conti. About a month ago, I asked at the Boots near my work (Russell Square). At that time they had some stock and also appeared unaware of any problem. I was also surprised when she claimed that it wasn't widely used.

At my meno clinic appt. this week, I mentioned the supply problem and asked which type I could request from a GP as a substitute if I couldn't get Evorel. He immediately said Femseven Conti. I then told him about the longstanding problems with that and he replied that I knew more than he did! He hadn't heard about that at all.

I will give the GP/pharmacist at my practice a couple of days to answer my query as I have enough for the immediate future.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 02:31:45 PM »

Shouldn't the pharmacies let GP Surgeries know if meds are likely to become difficult to source? regardless of what the drugs might be for?

NinaH

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 03:03:49 PM »

I authorise prescriptions at work and we are not allowed to issue until you have a weeks worth of patches left, so this could be the reason

Katejo

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 03:08:36 PM »

I authorise prescriptions at work and we are not allowed to issue until you have a weeks worth of patches left, so this could be the reason
  1 week is a very short time margin. Patients could easily get caught out with no medication.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 03:14:32 PM »

I agree Katejo - especially if 1 is going on holiday or is away from the usual source.

NinaH

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019, 04:39:10 PM »

Oh god you are allowed a holiday! This will be be coming to all go surgeries in the future. They get sent electronically to your pharmacy within 3 working days. Oh and we've stopped otc medication on prescription too unless you're on a care plan or housebound. Paracetamol, ibuprofen, e45, hay fever tabs etc.

It's coming to us all   :D

Katejo

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2019, 05:07:54 PM »

Oh god you are allowed a holiday! This will be be coming to all go surgeries in the future. They get sent electronically to your pharmacy within 3 working days. Oh and we've stopped otc medication on prescription too unless you're on a care plan or housebound. Paracetamol, ibuprofen, e45, hay fever tabs etc.

It's coming to us all   :D
I know about otc medication but I have always bought that myself. I never expected it on prescription.
I have an arrangement with Boots to request my regular repeats but can also do so via the GP app. That was rejected by the GP this time.
I don't know how some women manage to get a year supply of things like Vagifem when others only get 1 box each time.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 06:07:56 PM »

It's cheaper to buy OTC anyway ;-).

Katejo

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2019, 08:15:25 PM »

It's cheaper to buy OTC anyway ;-).
Not if you are entitled to free prescriptions  😀

Katejo

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2019, 11:26:23 AM »

I have to order my HRT from mynGP dispensary, GP authorises it. Because I am using a fairly high dose of the gel, I am having to order it more often and I am waiting for my GP to refuse.
It's ridiculous. What do they think you are going to do, seriously? OD on Vagifem?
I joked with the pharmacist at Boots yesterday that perhaps GP's thought I was trying to get extra to sell on to others 😁
Pages: [1] 2 3