Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Refused further prescription for Evorel Conti today  (Read 3685 times)

Katejo

Re: Refused further prescription for Evorel Conti today
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2019, 04:30:33 PM »

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/hormone-replacement-therapy-uk-shortage-women/amp/

This was published a couple of days ago .

I now have the reason for the refusal. It is due to non availability rather than me requesting it too soon. So many patients have returned to the surgery unable to get their prescription for Evorel Conti that the surgery has stopped issuing the prescription. They have no alternative because Femseven Conti is also unavailable and they don't have another equivalent to prescribe.   :(  They have agreed to let me have the prescription to try other pharmacies. I am about to go and ask at the Boots  near my workplace on my way home. They did have some stock about a month ago.

The Boots near work has none. Pharmacist told me that , even if the manufacturer can supply, a middleman between manufacturer and the pharmacy is blocking supply and only allowing a set amount. Once the pharmacy has had that, no more will be supplied.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 05:32:00 PM by Katejo »

Dotty

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2019, 05:09:01 PM »

Katejo .... I've sent you a message xxx

Katejo

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 05:39:37 PM »

I have just replied. Thanks.  :)

Dotty

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2019, 06:18:51 PM »

Katejo....sent you another message x

jaycee

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2019, 07:25:17 PM »

So does thos mean that because some HRT isnt available and Evoral Conti is being substituted, EC is now in short supply?

Katejo

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2019, 07:55:44 PM »

So does thos mean that because some HRT isnt available and Evoral Conti is being substituted, EC is now in short supply?
  I think so.  I am going to ask at a other pharmacy tomorrow.

jaycee

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2019, 08:03:24 PM »

Oh dear what a mess, i have just been put on this so has my daughter, as she was originally on Femseven Conti
I still have 2 months left,my daughter is in France at the moment, and due to start EC on friday, but she daren't until she gets home,as she has Crohns, and if it affects her like it did me, and some others she cant risk getting the runs while travelling,
I had the runs from the first day to the 3rd,

Katejo

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2019, 09:47:04 PM »

Oh dear what a mess, i have just been put on this so has my daughter, as she was originally on Femseven Conti
I still have 2 months left,my daughter is in France at the moment, and due to start EC on friday, but she daren't until she gets home,as she has Crohns, and if it affects her like it did me, and some others she cant risk getting the runs while travelling,
I had the runs from the first day to the 3rd,
So you have Crohn's too (as well as your daughter)?   That is why you may get the runs with EVOREL?
I still have 5 to 6 weeks stock but want to get more before my holiday in September.

jaycee

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2019, 10:10:53 PM »

No i don't have Crohns,in fact the opposite, i have never had to take anything for my bowels since starting EC,whereas before i had to take lactulose quite often, and had every bowel related thing you could name. permanently constipated
Sorry worded badly, meant if she has the runs like i did,and have heard others have had the same on Evoral Conti
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 10:15:09 PM by jaycee »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2019, 10:17:35 PM »

Is the Minister of Health the 'middle man'?  This is disgraceful in a 1st World Country  :bang:

Katejo

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2019, 04:41:27 AM »

No i don't have Crohns,in fact the opposite, i have never had to take anything for my bowels since starting EC,whereas before i had to take lactulose quite often, and had every bowel related thing you could name. permanently constipated
Sorry worded badly, meant if she has the runs like i did,and have heard others have had the same on Evoral Conti
  Yes I was a bit confused. I haven't had any bowel problems/ changes with Evorel Conti but have only been using half patches until very recently.

Katejo

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2019, 04:43:56 AM »

Is the Minister of Health the 'middle man'?  This is disgraceful in a 1st World Country  :bang:
I don't know who the middleman is here.

Hurdity

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2019, 07:30:11 PM »

I presume it is the importer or wholesaler or any number of buyers in-between. There are very large companies that handle drugs distribution I gather. Appalling if it is being rationed in some way though....

The only other alternative is Evorel patches + norethisterone tablets (at the same dose as for oral HRT of medium dose).

Hurdity x

Dandelion

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2019, 11:51:58 AM »

Sorry to sound ignorant, but why the sudden shortages of medications and hrt?
What is the reason?
Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2019, 11:58:54 AM »

Your guess is as good as anyone's - it varies with which Pharmacist I speak with; some blame Brexit but they are remainers; others say that it's because the NHS won't pay the manufacturers - others say it's shortage of stock in Mainland Europe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3