Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Only on day 4 - want to stop!  (Read 993 times)

Rosehip

Only on day 4 - want to stop!
« on: July 06, 2019, 09:32:29 AM »

I'm using Estrogel - x 1 pump a day but it's clearly making me very cranky - like really bad pms. My feeling is that maybe I have enough estrogen at this point in my cycle - but it dips very low in others. I can't face putting it on today as it is literally ruining my day - I just don't want to be around anyone I'm feel vile and moody.

Has anyone else had this and persevered? Maybe I should just take it on 3 days a week or will this make me even more uneven? Just not sure what to do.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 09:42:38 AM by Rosehip »

Ladybt28

Re: Only on day 4 - want to stop!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 09:52:35 AM »

Rosehip, where are you in meno.  Is it in Peri or are you post? It doesn't matter really though because when you start any form of hrt this can happen because your body just isn't used to the extra chemicals or trying to up the chemical imbalance depending on where you are at the time!  Persevere if you can.  You should start to get a picture somewhere by the middle or end of week 2 but  hate to tell you that any hrt can take a minimum of 3 months to get rid of the symptoms that were bothering you when you started taking it. Meno Consultants always say 3 months before changing a regime although sometimes they vary doses during that time.
I had to persevere and build up your doses which is the ideal.  1 pump is very low, I am on 3/4 depending where I am in my cycle, but then I had had a really bad time before I got on to the gel.  It is the only hrt together with utrogestan which has worked for me but it has taken 6 months on the regime for me to really get any form of life back.

With hrt there is no quick fix 4 days is like the blink of an eye in hrt world - up to you but if you want to know if it works you have to push through the first month at least xxx

Rosehip

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 10:08:30 AM »

Thank you so much for your reply. Its given me the reassurance I need to keep on going. I'm hating this part of life!!! I know there is no quick fix by just feel that I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't at the moment. I just want to feel normal again but I think that normal has long gone 🙁.

Off to slap some gel on now...

Thanks again xxx

Ladybt28

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 10:20:57 AM »

It is possible Rosehip I am proof to a certain extent.  10 years it has taken me to get any life back...don't panic it wont be like that or you but it's a very long story which you will find on the forum if you look for my posts.  My life is now better than it has been in 20 years.  I get a bit cross with GP's and some consultants (usually the gynae ones not the meno ones) who don't explain just how long it can take or the body to adjust and make meno out to be just hot flushes, general discomfort a bit of sleeplessness etc.  Its not it can be completely debilitating and screw your life over to the point where its not worth living.

Stick with us here and you will find way....may take a while I won't lie but it's impossible to tell how long because we all react so differently to every type of hrt on the market and our bodies are just so different as it goes through the meno process.  Anyway there is always someone here for support and to help.  I think that is the bit that helps the most to know it's not just you and you are not alone everyday in it all xx

Rosehip

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 07:10:55 PM »

Just wanted to say thanks again for the advice to persevere. I did and today had a brilliant burst of energy and feeling happy! It's still very early days and I know it could all change tomorrow but I'm all for acknowledging the good! 😀