Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Replens and bleeding  (Read 3601 times)

Donnadoobie

Replens and bleeding
« on: July 08, 2019, 11:04:49 AM »

A few weeks ago I went to the GP because I thought I had found a lump in my vagina.  On examination she told me it was loose skin from laxity in the vagina. Felt a bit silly and was  gutted, I had always been so sure my pelvic floor was strong and I had no problems with this at all.  Anyway, she checked for lumps and confirmed there did not appear to be any tumours pushing on the wall, swab was normal but area did seem red and inflamed.  She did not mention dryness but gave me some Caneastan HC for dry skin.  After 10 days I was still sore so bought some Replens, thinking it would help and for the first three days it did.  I had discharge for the first day but no more.  Today, an hour after my second application, I have had blood on the toilet paper with some discharge, not much and it has stopped now.  Possible I caught myself with the applicator?  Or something else.  Any advice.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 12:17:27 PM by Donnadoobie »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Replens and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 11:54:00 AM »

Your GP needs a  :kick: it is possible that you have vaginal atrophy. 

Why Canestan  :-\ ........ if swab is 'normal'.

Have a read of our threads on vaginal trophy and bladder issues; make notes.  Replens won't help, it can make the area worse.

Never feel silly!  It's up to GPs to have a look-see and feel around and give advice.  Maybe VA has passed this one by which isn't unusual.

Blood can be from very dry skin, a nick in the skin ..........

Donnadoobie

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 12:09:50 PM »

Thanks CKLD.

I have been reading about VA and did wonder if this may be the case.  So fed up with feeling weird down below.  I have recently had a screening bowelscope too, which was all normal apart from some small hemorrhoids .  Feel as if I am falling to pieces bit by bit!  ;D

Will make an appontmemt.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 01:31:06 PM by Donnadoobie »

westie

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 05:46:14 PM »

Hi Donnadoobie

I had exactly the same as you a few years ago and my GP was useless, didnt have a clue! Only from my own research and from the lovely ladies on here I realised it was atrophy. I now use Estriol Vaginal cream twice a week which is a low dose oestrogen cream which basically plumps up vaginal tissues and reduces soreness and irritation. There are alternatives too, some ladies use vagifem which is a pessary. In between I use Yes Vaginal moisturiser and the two are doing a great job. It's not a short term thing though, if you stop symptoms return it's a regime for the long term.

There are lots of thr ads on here on the subject so have a good look and then go back to your GP ,educate him/her and get what you need.

Good luck

W xx