Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Early menopause at 30  (Read 1757 times)

Silenttype

Early menopause at 30
« on: July 01, 2019, 04:22:40 PM »

Hello ladies,

i've just joined and i think i'm at the beginning of the end of my fertility. I turned 30 this year. About a year ago i went to a fertility clinic because, after having 2 children close together, getting pregnant easily and having 2 very straight forward pregnancies, i wanted to donate my eggs to help other couples/families who were struggling.

It was there that i was told that i was on the brink of premature ovarian failure and if i wanted to have anymore children i should start trying immediately, otherwise in 6 months time i would probably need fertility treatment myself, oh the irony.

Fast forward to now and i've not had a period for 7 weeks now, i'm definitely not pregnant and have an appointment with my gp next week.

I guess i'm just wondering what to expect next if it turns out this is it for me. What implications will it have on my health, will my lower hormone levels mean i'll need hrt or am i too young?

I've noticed i've been having mood swings, insomnia, anxiety and low moods and not sure i'm ready to accept that this is how it will be for me now.

Sorry for the long post, feeling a bit lost xx

Kathleen

Re: Early menopause at 30
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 07:36:52 PM »

Hello Silenttype and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to learn that you may be experiencing an early meno and I admire you for considering egg donation so that other women could become mothers.

There are other ladies on this site who have been through an early meno so hopefully they'll be along soon to advise you.

Most people agree that you should be offered HRT to replace the hormones that you are not producing naturally and this should continue at least until 51 which is the average age for the menopause.

Your symptoms so far are typical of the menopause so you are not alone and we are here to support you.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 07:59:37 PM »

Hi Silenttype, welcome to the forum.

I wondered if you were aware of the Daisy Network, a website for those undergoing menopause below the age of 40.

Kathleen gives good advice about replacing the missing hormones to protect your health for the future.

Best wishes

JP x

Silenttype

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 06:50:23 PM »

Thank you for your replies, sorry it's taken me so long to get back, i'm new to the forum and couldn't find the thread  :-\

I haven't heard of the Daisy Network but it's something i will definitely look into, thank you.

My main concern is my health, obviously our hormones control a lot of things! And i'm also worried for my daughters, incase this will happen to them too, especially if they haven't yet started a family (if that's what they choose to do)

Thanks for your replies xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 09:32:39 PM »

I think one has to subscribe to the 'daisy' network  >:(

HRT certainly protects heart and bones.  It replaces the hormones one should be making .......... I think your first port of call is the Fertility Clinic, ask if they can advise where you get the best on-going advice - 'cos GPs, Gynaes and sometimes Menopause Clinics don't know much. 

Don't be fobbed off with 'you are too young' as many GPs think that a woman need to be having flushes in order 2 B menopausal  >:(.  Have a browse round, make notes!

Tc

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 10:40:36 PM »

Hiya silenttype. I was also going to suggest the daisy network.
The British menopause society have information under "premature ovarian failure". On their site.

But do you have a definite diagnosis?
I am  wondering if your gp could refer you to an endocrinologist to get a more detailed look at exactly what is happening.

Wishing you all the best. X

Spangles

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 06:49:28 AM »

Hi Silenttype,

You have my sympathies having to deal with this at your age.

After many years of suffering and various visits to the GP I was finalist diagnosed and offered HRT. I was 44 by then, my GP recommend the HRT as he said I was ‘young' and that the advantages of HRT definitely outweighed the disadvantages at my age.
Reasons being the same as other ladies have already mentioned. I'm not saying it's been easy but I know my heart and bones have protection that they otherwise would not.

Before being diagnosed I got very frustrated and researched ways of findings out if I was Perimenopausal, one thing I found was a urine test.
I got it from Boots, just a box with two urine sample dip sticks. You do one, one week, wait two weeks and do the other. It measures FSH levels in the urine. Two positive results indicate perimenopause due to the elevated levels of FSH. The test is called ‘Promensil menopause test'. I presented my results to my GP who then sent me for blood tests which then confirmed I was peri.

There's lots of lovely ladies on here, with lots of advice and experience, never be afraid to ask a question, someone will always be along with an answer.

Spangles
xXx